October 31, 2014 | 1600 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mountain Ocean - Skin Trip Coconut Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Most perfume gives me a headache, so I am always on the lookout for scented lotions that double as fragrance. This lightweight lotion has a subtle, clean, almost powdery/milky coconut smell-- not too cloying or sweet, unlike most of the coconut scented lotions i've sampled. I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I think if this product didn't have certain questionable ingredients on the list (for being "organic") I would give it a 5. I'm not a total weirdo when it comes to this chemical stuff, but I definitely am a bit more aware than I was before! I tend to use highly scented/high chemical lotions as a perfume more lol. If I am slathering it all over my body I get a bit more sketchy. The smell is awesome lemme tell you. Texture is more soupy or watery, not thick and creamy which if you don't care isn't a big deal. The bottle is fine I guess too, I prefer tubs but again pretty watery although I think a pump would be a bit better for this. If you love coconut smells, this is awesome! I just say that if they are going to push organic they should revise their formulation a bit more. It's a little pricier compared to other organic brands as well, roughly 9-10 bucks. But over all not a bad addition to the collection ^___^

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Was looking for natural alternative to my cera ve cream and started using this! Oh my god!!!!! It's a bottle of silk coconut heaven! Love it soo much it's my favorite body moisturizer I will forever buy this it's light smells amazing and works grate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

I purchased this on a whim attempting to reach a 'free shipping' minumum while shopping online lol. I love coconut anything, and had recently discovered the benefits of coconut oil internally and topically, so I figured I would give it a shot.
To be honest, I HATE the smell... but the benefits out weight that. This lotion sinks in IMMEDIATELY. It makes skin soft, supple and very smooth. Very hydrated... It completely irradicated the bumps on my arms and legs. I also had a nasty scar from a recent cut on my arm. I massaged this in 2 times a day and within a week it was almost completely gone. I didn't think in the beginning I would purchase this again... but I am sold on this product. Don't know if they make a fragrance-free version, but I will def be keeping my eye open for it. But overall it is well worth the price tag (around $8).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is very similar to Eucerin calming creme in the sense that it has just the right amount of absorption: it doesn't sink away so that you feel like you never applied anything at all, but it doesn't sit on top of the skin and feel greasy. It makes your skin feel very soft and moisturized, but it probably won't be suitable for very dry skin types, in winter months at least.
This has a really lovely, milky-soft coconut scent, as others have said. No excessively dessert-y or artificial tropical fragrance here. It will likely only complement other fragrances you apply; this is what I've found. I put this on yesterday and my boyfriend probably commented about five times over the course of the day on how good I smelled.
I live in Canada and it's sort of a bummer how hard it is to find here. I had to buy it at Whole Foods on a trip to the States. But I'll probably just order it online when I need to...it's that good. If you decide to do this, buy more than one bottle. I've had mine for two months and it's more than half way finished with regular use. Vitacost has very good prices (I have no affiliation with them, fwiw).
The packaging is very cute and slightly hippie, maybe tiki-ish...if I were a beauty editor I'd probably deem it stoner-chic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by rcrouch

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My 50+ dry skin adores this lotion. It's the only thing I've ever found that makes my skin feel like I think skin should feel - moist, supple, soft - as opposed to thicker lotions that seem to sit on the surface and feel icky. Skin Trip is what skin moisturization should be! Some people aren't crazy about the light scent, and it's a matter of opinion, but I think the milky coconut smell is divine. This is a lotion I repurchase again and again. Reasonably priced at DrVita.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by jericalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this body lotion's consistency - really light and spreadable, absorbs quickly, but still really significantly moisturizing. my skin's texture is lovely after this and my skin feels very soothed - it's great for after shaving. my skin's a little sensitive but this leaves it feeling very comfortable.

all that being said, i definitely feel it's more of a summer lotion if you have slightly dry skin like me. during the winter i prefer something thicker. i live in new orleans and it handles the humidity well, i feel clean and soft as opposed to greasy. it's also comforting for after being in the sun too long.

the scent is an enjoyable, true coconut. it doesn't smell unnatural in any way, so if you enjoy the scent of coconut oil(i usually do) then you'll like it.
the coconut definitely lingers, however. if you'd rather smell like something else you won't have much luck. for this reason i really wish there was an unscented variety for the times i'd prefer to wear a perfume, etc.

the packaging is fine - a simple flip cap and plastic squeeze bottle make it very portable. my only gripe is that i can't find it in a size bigger than 8 oz, and i go through it fairly quickly! the price is decent but it would be even more so if the bottle was bigger.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a unique, light and liquidy lotion with an interesting coconut-inspired scent. It works well as a moisturizing summer lotion because it isn't thick, moisturizes well, and absorbs fast.

Pros: light but still moisturizing. Smells awesome and the scent lingers just enough to make me feel sexy. Feels good to slather it on, especially in hot weather.

Cons: not too expensive and easily found in most organic grocery stores, but I cashed my bottle pretty fast. I wish it came in a larger size with and with a pump. Packaging is odd for moisturizer, but perfectly functional. Plus, I think it's part of the hippie lotion appeal.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This stuff rocks as a light body lotion. I don't often apply lotion except for on my hands (and sunscreen of course), but I like keeping this around to occasionally use on my legs after shaving. I live in a hot humid climate so thick, heavily scented products are not appealing to me. Skin Trip has a very loose/liquidy texture, glides right on and absorbs fast, and the smell is very summer-y and natural - slightly coconut-y but not sweet. I could probably find some basic drugstore options that work just as well but this is fairly unique and lasts a long time, so I think I'll be using it for a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 3:59:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this lotion is a must have for me. it is extremely moisturizing. after showering i rub this into my skin and it leaves my skin feeling great. i like the scent as well. i use an egyptian musk oil and it mixes with the true coconut scent. i also use this in my hair. every time i rub this into my hands i scrunch this into my hair to keep my curls moisturized. it is vey effective as a moisturizer. i have been using this lotion ever since an ex-boyfriend introduced me to this two years ago. i have turned a few friends onto it as well.