Mountain Ocean Skin Trip Coconut Lotion

4.7

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Purified water, coconut oil, aloe juice, hybrid safflower oil, sorbitol, stearic acid, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alchohol, emulsifying wax, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, linoleamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, dicetyldimonium chloride, lanolin alcohol, benzethonium chloride and fragrance.

on 4/1/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product. It's definitely not the most moisturizing lotion I've ever used, but it smells so good and feels so clean on my skin that I will continue to repurchase it. I appreciate how this is made with fresh ingredients and not with a bunch of potentially toxic chemicals, like a lot of beauty products.

Because it's not that moisturizing, I tend to just use it as a hand lotion or on my elbows and knees throughout the day. I have eczema-prone skin, and this did not help it much but it definitely did not irritate it. The texture is not greasy and absorbs very quickly without making your skin feel dry. However, I didn't feel that the moisturization had a very long duration.

The smell is amazing and not too overpowering. I also wish the bottle were slightly bigger!

on 2/7/2014 7:17:00 PM

Most perfume gives me a headache, so I am always on the lookout for scented lotions that double as fragrance. This lightweight lotion has a subtle, clean, almost powdery/milky coconut smell-- not too cloying or sweet, unlike most of the coconut scented lotions i've sampled. The only downside: the bottle is pretty small (8.5oz for around $11 at drugstore.com).

I did not buy this for its moisturizing properties but it does that quite well, especially given how thin/light it feels. I have repurchased this once already, and i'm sure I will again once my second bottle runs out.

on 2/1/2014 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I think if this product didn't have certain questionable ingredients on the list (for being "organic") I would give it a 5. I'm not a total weirdo when it comes to this chemical stuff, but I definitely am a bit more aware than I was before! I tend to use highly scented/high chemical lotions as a perfume more lol. If I am slathering it all over my body I get a bit more sketchy. The smell is awesome lemme tell you. Texture is more soupy or watery, not thick and creamy which if you don't care isn't a big deal. The bottle is fine I guess too, I prefer tubs but again pretty watery although I think a pump would be a bit better for this. If you love coconut smells, this is awesome! I just say that if they are going to push organic they should revise their formulation a bit more. It's a little pricier compared to other organic brands as well, roughly 9-10 bucks. But over all not a bad addition to the collection ^___^

on 11/24/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Was looking for natural alternative to my cera ve cream and started using this! Oh my god!!!!! It's a bottle of silk coconut heaven! Love it soo much it's my favorite body moisturizer I will forever buy this it's light smells amazing and works grate

on 10/26/2013 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this on a whim attempting to reach a 'free shipping' minumum while shopping online lol. I love coconut anything, and had recently discovered the benefits of coconut oil internally and topically, so I figured I would give it a shot.
To be honest, I HATE the smell... but the benefits out weight that. This lotion sinks in IMMEDIATELY. It makes skin soft, supple and very smooth. Very hydrated... It completely irradicated the bumps on my arms and legs. I also had a nasty scar from a recent cut on my arm. I massaged this in 2 times a day and within a week it was almost completely gone. I didn't think in the beginning I would purchase this again... but I am sold on this product. Don't know if they make a fragrance-free version, but I will def be keeping my eye open for it. But overall it is well worth the price tag (around $8).

on 10/20/2013 4:11:00 PM

This is very similar to Eucerin calming creme in the sense that it has just the right amount of absorption: it doesn't sink away so that you feel like you never applied anything at all, but it doesn't sit on top of the skin and feel greasy. It makes your skin feel very soft and moisturized, but it probably won't be suitable for very dry skin types, in winter months at least.
This has a really lovely, milky-soft coconut scent, as others have said. No excessively dessert-y or artificial tropical fragrance here. It will likely only complement other fragrances you apply; this is what I've found. I put this on yesterday and my boyfriend probably commented about five times over the course of the day on how good I smelled.
I live in Canada and it's sort of a bummer how hard it is to find here. I had to buy it at Whole Foods on a trip to the States. But I'll probably just order it online when I need to...it's that good. If you decide to do this, buy more than one bottle. I've had mine for two months and it's more than half way finished with regular use. Vitacost has very good prices (I have no affiliation with them, fwiw).
The packaging is very cute and slightly hippie, maybe tiki-ish...if I were a beauty editor I'd probably deem it stoner-chic.

on 7/21/2013 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My 50+ dry skin adores this lotion. It's the only thing I've ever found that makes my skin feel like I think skin should feel - moist, supple, soft - as opposed to thicker lotions that seem to sit on the surface and feel icky. Skin Trip is what skin moisturization should be! Some people aren't crazy about the light scent, and it's a matter of opinion, but I think the milky coconut smell is divine. This is a lotion I repurchase again and again. Reasonably priced at DrVita.

on 4/28/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this body lotion's consistency - really light and spreadable, absorbs quickly, but still really significantly moisturizing. my skin's texture is lovely after this and my skin feels very soothed - it's great for after shaving. my skin's a little sensitive but this leaves it feeling very comfortable.

all that being said, i definitely feel it's more of a summer lotion if you have slightly dry skin like me. during the winter i prefer something thicker. i live in new orleans and it handles the humidity well, i feel clean and soft as opposed to greasy. it's also comforting for after being in the sun too long.

the scent is an enjoyable, true coconut. it doesn't smell unnatural in any way, so if you enjoy the scent of coconut oil(i usually do) then you'll like it.
the coconut definitely lingers, however. if you'd rather smell like something else you won't have much luck. for this reason i really wish there was an unscented variety for the times i'd prefer to wear a perfume, etc.

the packaging is fine - a simple flip cap and plastic squeeze bottle make it very portable. my only gripe is that i can't find it in a size bigger than 8 oz, and i go through it fairly quickly! the price is decent but it would be even more so if the bottle was bigger.

on 8/29/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a unique, light and liquidy lotion with an interesting coconut-inspired scent. It works well as a moisturizing summer lotion because it isn't thick, moisturizes well, and absorbs fast.

Pros: light but still moisturizing. Smells awesome and the scent lingers just enough to make me feel sexy. Feels good to slather it on, especially in hot weather.

Cons: not too expensive and easily found in most organic grocery stores, but I cashed my bottle pretty fast. I wish it came in a larger size with and with a pump. Packaging is odd for moisturizer, but perfectly functional. Plus, I think it's part of the hippie lotion appeal.

This stuff rocks as a light body lotion. I don't often apply lotion except for on my hands (and sunscreen of course), but I like keeping this around to occasionally use on my legs after shaving. I live in a hot humid climate so thick, heavily scented products are not appealing to me. Skin Trip has a very loose/liquidy texture, glides right on and absorbs fast, and the smell is very summer-y and natural - slightly coconut-y but not sweet. I could probably find some basic drugstore options that work just as well but this is fairly unique and lasts a long time, so I think I'll be using it for a while.