April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE. I absolutely love this product!! It is for anyone looking for:

- a natural-looking, light foundation (which I thought was an oxymoron until I found this)

- something that will stay on your face during inclement weather, an accidental fall into the pool (yes, that happened), and even a swim in the ocean

- compliments. Just oodles of compliments.

After dozens of attempts at other foundations/concealers, I have found my HG foundation. First, the color selection is amazing. I actually found through trial and error that I am a 50/50 mix between 34, and 18. Being the clumsy fool I am (referencing the accidental fall into the pool), I am also prone to knocking glass things off high places. I found a small plastic bottle, bought both foundations, and mix my foundation in the small bottle. It's genius. In the summer, I add more 18. In the winter, more 34. This keeps me looking natural all throughout the year. With such a large color selection, I'm pretty sure you'll find your color match, even if you have to do some mixing like I do.

Second, the formula is amazing. It's a weird, globby gel consistency that is unlike anything I've ever felt in a foundation, but feels like water when spread across your face. I use my fingers, and use just a dime size for my entire face. It dries to a slight sheen, which is why I set it with Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder. It stays ALL DAY, doesn't become oily, and doesn't oxidize like a lot of foundations I've tried. Even my picky bf, who hates makeup, thinks I never wear foundation. Even my sister asked me (knowing my enormous makeup collection) "are you wearing makeup? It doesn't look like it. It just looks like nice skin." The reason for this, which might turn some people off, is that it is very lightweight. It can be built up if applied in layers, but for the most part the beauty is that it lets natural skin show through. If you blush, it'll show you blushing. If you're sick, it'll show a pallor.

Yes, it does have a scent, but now I don't even notice it. It definitely fades after a while, and no one I know has ever complained about my "lotion smelling".

Highly highly recommend. I will use this one forever. =)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by vonns84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'd give this an overall 5 if when you first put it on, it's a bit tacky when it dries. HOWEVER, this may be the best foundation I've ever come across. Bold words, I know.

A bit about my skin:
I'm usually NW30 in MAC, but I recently stopped using the tanning bed every couple weeks and stopped self tanning. I My skin when I let it go to its "au naturale" color is very pale with a jaundice tinge and fairly bad hereditary mediterranean circles ( i'm half lebanese half "american") I basically look sick and get asked i I'm sick from everyone, including my crazy lebanese father. So I really hate when I dont have color. I decided to start using tretinoin .05% and an AHA 10% regularly to help with some devloping fine lines on my forehead.
I have very dry, non-sensitive, non-breakout prone skin. I find when I use foundation it feels heavy even if it's light.

My Discovery:
Stumbled into Sephora because all my foundation/tinted moisturizers are too dark for me right now. my BB foundation in Sand, is a tad too light for me, but I used to use this in the wintertime mixed with moisturizer. Anyways, Went to the MUFE section, heard people rave about F&B on the boards, #20 was the second one I swatched and it matched my forearm perfectly! I was in sephora for about 5 minutes total.

Description of F& B:

You need to shake it, A TON, if you don't it won't be mixed very well at all. It's super super watery, more so than MAC F&B by a long shot. Because it's so watery it has a very high spreadability--kind of like how Hyaluronic acid you use a drop and you can almost cover your whole face.

It's made to be layered, so I'll go over my eye area a couple times to cover the dark circles.

You also can't feel that you have any makeup on, which is amazing.

sorry this was long but i hope it helps someone

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by ClariceD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have extremely sensitive skin that clogs easily and ranges from dry to dry-combination depending on the time of year. I don't have much to cover other than some old acne scarring on my chin/jaw (substantially faded due to prescription retinoids) and the uneven skintone with redness that my skin sensitivity sometimes produces. In foundation I look for light, but buildable, coverage, tenacious wear, a satin or slightly dewy finish, and a formula that flatters dryness and flaking when they occur. The shade needs to be fair and slightly, but not dramatically, cool-toned, to suit a >NW15. Most importantly, it must not irritate my reactive skin.

Makeup Forever Face & Body Foundation claims to be a long-lasting, water resistant product that evens out skintone and leaves a natural finish, perfect for a no makeup makeup look. Having made it through two bottles I feel qualified to say that in my experience most of that is true. As other reviewers have pointed out, if you're seeking full coverage you'll be disappointed by this. The coverage is light, buildable to medium by layering, and does a good job of producing an even, radiant canvas. It blurs imperfections but doesn't cover them totally (unless they're minor) so for the confidence of a fuller coverage you'll need to use this in conjunction with a concealer. The finish is gorgeous, healthy and slightly dewy but not in the way that apes oil. Having said that, oily/combination or oily-skinned people would probably prefer a more matte finish.

This is a water-based gel foundation and requires shaking before every use. The new generation pump bottles are much easier to work with than the old version without a pump. It's very liquid (but not as watery as MAC Face & Body Foundation) and feels refreshing on the skin. I find fingers or a foundation brush to be the most effective ways of applying this. A sponge would soak up most of the product immediately. I have tried several shades and prefer #38 for my skintone. #20 is too warm, too beige and a bit too dark, although as I lean neutral and the foundation is sheer I can get away with it. This would be a good shade for NC15-20 but those on the paler end of that range might find #20 too dark. Those on the darker end of the NW15-20 range might want to look at #2.

Despite being fragranced (often problematic for me) MUFE F&B is very benign to my sensitive skin, having never caused a reaction, immediate or delayed. It's also, in my experience, extremely kind and flattering to flaky skin - as I discovered during my adjustment phase to Retin A. Another point in this foundation's favour is that it photographs extremely well. I have used this for friends' bridal makeup on both dry and combination skins (with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage or Shu Uemura Nobara stick foundation on blemishes) and it looks flawlessly beautiful in all lighting, including under flash.

I have repurchased and would do so again. My only hesitation is that I find MAC Face & Body wears better and for longer *on me* and transfers less to clothing, phones etc. Your mileage may vary - other reviewers have found the very opposite. MAC is also buildable more quickly for me, although as I prefer a sheer coverage anyway this is not particularly significant. (For reference my shade in MAC Face & Body is N1). Overall, for my needs, an excellent choice. It's quite hard to find in the UK - I purchased from Guru Makeup Emporium, which has excellent customer service. The staff were also very sweet to my bewildered fiance when he went in to pick some up for me. UK price: 28.95 (plus shipping) for 50ml, gurumakeupemporium.com.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've previously declared EL DW to be my HG foundation and while I love the heavy coverage, in the end I realized I couldn't get any of the colors to work for my very neutral skin. Furthermore, the coverage--as much as I like it for my redness and acne scars--really aged me. I mucked around with other foundations, most of which were too orange, too pink, too light or too dark. In the end, I settled on a BB cream (Lioelle Triple the Solution) which I really like but the high SPF makes me look terrifying in photos. After trying 6 or 7 (!) foundations in the span of 7 months, I decided to shell out for this one. I have been using this in shade 32 since December and it hits all the high notes: it doesn't break me out; it provides very natural coverage and is buildable; it does NOT transfer. I love using my cell phone and not seeing a grease/makeup smear on the screen afterward; the texture is light and easy to blend; and it covers up the many flaws of my skin without making it screamingly obvious that I have foundation on. It does have its downfalls though. The finish is a bit shiny for my liking, but nothing a good powder can't fix. When my skin is very dry, it does accentuate the dry spots, but I've yet to find a foundation that doesn't. Finally, I find that if I use multiple layers on those bad skin days, it oxidizes a bit dark on me. To be fair, this may be my fault as my skin tone is probably closer to shade 20, but I selected 32 in the hopes the yellow undertones of the foundation would neutralize the redness of my face. Though I've recently felt tempted to try other foundations, namely MUFE's HD, NYX's HD and the new Benefit Oxygen Wow, I can't imagine actually plunking down more money when this works so amazingly well for me. MUFE also deserves props for their wide range of colors. I'm of Mexican-Scottish descent, with light olive skin and the struggle to find a decent color match has been nearly as frustrating as finding a cure for my acne has been. Even oxidized MUFE is much more natural looking on me than anything else I've tried other than the BB cream. While this stuff is pricy, it is worth its weight in gold to me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by 80sglamrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been my favorite foundation for years. I've never really come across another foundation that compared to this one. I do have dry skin so I think my favorite thing about this is, it never dries me out, it never seems to cake, & it looks natural. It leaves a sheer somewhat dewey finish but if you need to cover any type of scars or blemishes, you can wait a minute for this to dry & then reapply the foundation to the areas you need it most, it's buildable w/o getting cakey. I also love that it lasts all day for me & resistant. I've been caught in rainstorms w/ this & it never budged.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this online from Sephora and made a very lucky guesstimate shade wise based on reviews here. I really wanted to love this but I don't think MUFE f & b and I are very compatible. It has a lovely light yet buildable finish and the color match was wonderful. It's more liquidy/goopy than my other foundations but still workable obviously. It also has a slight scent to it but that doesn't bother me either.

Unfortunately it is breakout city for my face. I'm pretty suprised because I'm not breakout prone and no other foundation has done this to me. I thought perhaps it was something else I've been using but this is my only new product I've been applying the past few days. Back to Sephora it goes.

**EDIT**
Recently repurchased this after suspecting a scented laundry detergent might be to blame for my breakouts. Switched back to a hypoallergenic one, repurchased f & b, and lo & behold, no breakouts. :) This is one is a definite winner. I'm enjoying switching back and forth between this and MUFE HD although I think I prefer HD a bit more due to the coverage. It's nice to have a little bit of selection as far as foundation coverage.

For reference #32 Alabaster Beige was a great match (pretty yellow toned shade but works for my skin). I am Shell (30) in Chanel T.I. Liquid, 30 in DiorSkin Forever, 127 in MUFE HD, #3 in GA FF, and around NC25-30 in MAC. Combo skin that is not typically breakout prone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Makeup offers lighter coverage than the High Definition Foundation. It has a very natural and dewy finish, whereas the HD is more matte and polished. It is definitely weightless and I love it because it just evens out the skin and still looks natural. I can also layer it for more coverage. I hope MUFE will offer a lighter & yellower shade as #20 Ivory is a tad too dark & too beige for my fair complexion with yellow undertone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by lsyu

So far so good. I've been using this product for about 2 weeks and it hasnt broken me out at all. My skin even feels and looks better.

I bought this product in color no. 34 - I usually wear NC30 in MAC, Stila 30 watts, Laura Mercier in sand beige, EM in light. No. 34 is not a perfect color match - it's a bit dark - but because I apply it pretty sheer, it totally blends in.

Application: I shake the bottle a few times, unscrew the cap and dip a q-tip into the foundation until it goes above the cotton part. I roll the q-tip over the back of my hand. Then I use my MAC 187 skunk brush to dip into the foundation. I then apply the foundation on my face using a stippling motion then blend blend blend in a circular motion with the skunk brush. I usually need to dip the q-tip and do the roll on the back of my hand 2-3 times to totally cover my face.

My skin is acne prone and very sensitive. I've searched high and low for a good foundation to even my skin tone and cover acne scars - I have a lot. This foundation is really natural looking and evens out my skin very well...however it does not cover up the darker acne scars - I use MUFE full cover in no. 6 for that - it's perfect and lasts all day - I have another review for full cover.

THE GOOD: Very good coverage, lasts all day without touch ups and looks very natural.

THE BAD: It's kind of expensive at $38.00 for 1.69 oz. but I can see how this will last forever - you use very little. The glass bottle with the screw cap is not convenient - I'm afraid of spilling it and am weary of double dipping my qtip.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is packaged in a lovely glass bottle with a black pump, always useful. The foundation itself is a gel/watery formulation. I've found that the best method for applying this foundation is to use my fingers and to swipe it in the red/blotchy areas and THEN pat and blend it into the skin.

The coverage is medium and can be built up nicely. The finish is really beautiful. It is difficult to look cakey with this on since the formulation is quite thin. This foundation also doesn't seem to oxidise on me, the color seems the same at the end of the day.

I am Asian and number 20 matches me pretty well.

My only potential area of concern is the possibility of breakouts. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and I'm still waiting to see if any breakouts occur. I've been using it for 2 weeks so far without incident, but will update if there are changes.

UPDATE: No changes, my skin seems to love this foundation, whee!

2ND UPDATE: The formula seems to gunk up pretty quickly. Not a big problem, but I do need to waste a third of every foundation I pump since the first third is all gunked up and unusable. 4 lipsticks instead of 5.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my, I wish I tried this years ago! Most foundations out there dry my skin out, and I will put up with that for a night out if the product gives perfect color match and flawless coverage. What I really want is solid moisture upkeep in a light weight formula. I thought it just didn't exist, but it does and this is it.

With this I can say that my search for the perfect light-weight, medium coverage with a natural finish is finally over. I love this gel-like formula and how watery it feels going on the skin. I love that it simply seems to fade by the end of the day (7-8 hours) instead of sinking into my pores and accentuate dry patches.

I am pretty fair, around NW15-20 (winter/summer), truly cooltoned, and right now in late spring, this foundation in #2 is the p-e-r-f-e-c-t shade for my skin. I tried 38 (or was it 36 - it was the pinker one of the two) and it looked fine just swatching on my jawline, but made me look sick pale when put on my entire face. I had a MUFE assistant in Sephora find me the perfect shade and we did go through a few to find this match, so I will recommend you try before you buy. I was sure I was going to need the 38 or 36, but turned out to be a #2.

I really cannot recommend this foundation enough, the color selection is extensive, the formula is so moist and lightweight at the same time and the coverage is the perfect "light to medium"+buildable. It never goes matte or dry on my face and since I hate matte finishes (they accentuate my dry patches) I love this! So many products promise a natural finish (not matte, not overly dewy), so few actually deliver. This one does!

I could do without the fragrance, but I havent had any reactions to this so far. The bottle is 50 ml which is about 20 ml more than most foundation. It costs half as much as my 'for mature skin' moisture upkeeping foundations. Good value for money here.

ETA: On my 2nd bottle and still in love. Use it on it's own with Becca shimmering powders on cheekbones+temples = radiant, but natural looking skin. L-O-V-E!