Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 25-29

4.2

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have dry sensitive acne prone with normal to oily t-zone.

Pros:
-The MY SKIN BUT BETTER foundation (looks like you have no foundation on)
-Lightweight
-Sheer to Medium coverage (Buildable)
-Everyday foundation worthy
-Shade 32 matches me best but is still a bit peachy
-Quite hydrating and does not accentuate dry skin at all
-Wears for a good 6+ hours
-Dewy/Natural finish

Cons:
-Smells funny...
-Lack of shades
-Definitely will need a concealer to cover blemishes

For reference - NC 25-30/ Diorskin Star 021 Linen/ MUFE HD 118/ YSL TE BD50/ Chanel Vitalumiere in 010 Limpide/Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lift in 120/ Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 53

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

LOVE. I absolutely love this product!! It is for anyone looking for:

- a natural-looking, light foundation (which I thought was an oxymoron until I found this)

- something that will stay on your face during inclement weather, an accidental fall into the pool (yes, that happened), and even a swim in the ocean

- compliments. Just oodles of compliments.

After dozens of attempts at other foundations/concealers, I have found my HG foundation. First, the color selection is amazing. I actually found through trial and error that I am a 50/50 mix between 34, and 18. Being the clumsy fool I am (referencing the accidental fall into the pool), I am also prone to knocking glass things off high places. I found a small plastic bottle, bought both foundations, and mix my foundation in the small bottle. It's genius. In the summer, I add more 18. In the winter, more 34. This keeps me looking natural all throughout the year. With such a large color selection, I'm pretty sure you'll find your color match, even if you have to do some mixing like I do.

Second, the formula is amazing. It's a weird, globby gel consistency that is unlike anything I've ever felt in a foundation, but feels like water when spread across your face. I use my fingers, and use just a dime size for my entire face. It dries to a slight sheen, which is why I set it with Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder. It stays ALL DAY, doesn't become oily, and doesn't oxidize like a lot of foundations I've tried. Even my picky bf, who hates makeup, thinks I never wear foundation. Even my sister asked me (knowing my enormous makeup collection) "are you wearing makeup? It doesn't look like it. It just looks like nice skin." The reason for this, which might turn some people off, is that it is very lightweight. It can be built up if applied in layers, but for the most part the beauty is that it lets natural skin show through. If you blush, it'll show you blushing. If you're sick, it'll show a pallor.

Yes, it does have a scent, but now I don't even notice it. It definitely fades after a while, and no one I know has ever complained about my "lotion smelling".

Highly highly recommend. I will use this one forever. =)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'd give this an overall 5 if when you first put it on, it's a bit tacky when it dries. HOWEVER, this may be the best foundation I've ever come across. Bold words, I know.

A bit about my skin:
I'm usually NW30 in MAC, but I recently stopped using the tanning bed every couple weeks and stopped self tanning. I My skin when I let it go to its "au naturale" color is very pale with a jaundice tinge and fairly bad hereditary mediterranean circles ( i'm half lebanese half "american") I basically look sick and get asked i I'm sick from everyone, including my crazy lebanese father. So I really hate when I dont have color. I decided to start using tretinoin .05% and an AHA 10% regularly to help with some devloping fine lines on my forehead.
I have very dry, non-sensitive, non-breakout prone skin. I find when I use foundation it feels heavy even if it's light.

My Discovery:
Stumbled into Sephora because all my foundation/tinted moisturizers are too dark for me right now. my BB foundation in Sand, is a tad too light for me, but I used to use this in the wintertime mixed with moisturizer. Anyways, Went to the MUFE section, heard people rave about F&B on the boards, #20 was the second one I swatched and it matched my forearm perfectly! I was in sephora for about 5 minutes total.

Description of F& B:

You need to shake it, A TON, if you don't it won't be mixed very well at all. It's super super watery, more so than MAC F&B by a long shot. Because it's so watery it has a very high spreadability--kind of like how Hyaluronic acid you use a drop and you can almost cover your whole face.

It's made to be layered, so I'll go over my eye area a couple times to cover the dark circles.

You also can't feel that you have any makeup on, which is amazing.

sorry this was long but i hope it helps someone

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my holy grail foundation. Hands down I have never found a foundation like it. I've been using this for 3 years now and I love love love it.

Pros:
- Looks like skin - I've never found a product like it. I can be wearing 2 layers of this and my skin still looks like perfect skin close up - I've NEVER found another foundation that is like that.
- Sheer to medium, with coverage that's buildable (you can keep putting layer on layer and it doesn't look cakey).
- huge colour selection
- Gel like texture that is cooling to the skin.
- no spf, does not flash back
- lasts fairly well, but depends on how much you put on

Cons:
- not as long lasting as colourstay or double wear. If I'm going to be somewhere particularly humid or out for 10+ hours I'll opt for those foundations.
- I have normal skin with a slightly oily t-zone and my face does get a tad oily during the day but I just blot with paper and apply some powder

My summer shade is #20 and winter is #38z both have neutral undertones. I'm NW20/25 in Mac products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thoughts on MUFE Face and Body Foundation:
Bought #20 and #32. 20 is a good match right now (nw20), and 32 is darker/more yellow--probably good for self tanning in the summer? Shook it and squirted some out and it was VERY liquid. Shook it for 5 mins and tried again and it was better, more jello like texture. The scent is STRONG, like some childhood toy or fake makeup I had growing up? For some reason My Little Ponies come to mind.. Smell has diminished but not disappeared in 10 mins. Foundation layered nicely, but does require a little time between layers to go on smoothly. Doesn't hide pores, but doesn't accentuate them thankfully like NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation does. Finish is glowier than expected but I was wearing maracuja oil underneath. I set my t zone with the MUFE HD powder. Feels slightly tacky on skin. Doesn't completely cover redness but diminishes it and I like that I can build up an extra layer in the areas I need more coverage. Nearly undetectable on skin--looks like skin. Doesn't crease or crack even in my smile lines or dry areas. Has not broken me out. HG status if it weren't for that weird smell..

Who I think this would work for: people who don't normally wear foundation or prefer a light coverage, people with dry to combination skin (oily skinned people may require primer/powder/setting spray to make this work for them), men, someone who is new to makeup (as this is very easy to apply with fingers, and the sheerness of it makes it forgiving), someone who is looking to lightly even out their complexion or diminish minor redness (this will work for you if you have blemishes if you use a separate concealer for them), someone who wants their foundation to be undetectable up close or far away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I've previously declared EL DW to be my HG foundation and while I love the heavy coverage, in the end I realized I couldn't get any of the colors to work for my very neutral skin. Furthermore, the coverage--as much as I like it for my redness and acne scars--really aged me. I mucked around with other foundations, most of which were too orange, too pink, too light or too dark. In the end, I settled on a BB cream (Lioelle Triple the Solution) which I really like but the high SPF makes me look terrifying in photos. After trying 6 or 7 (!) foundations in the span of 7 months, I decided to shell out for this one. I have been using this in shade 32 since December and it hits all the high notes: it doesn't break me out; it provides very natural coverage and is buildable; it does NOT transfer. I love using my cell phone and not seeing a grease/makeup smear on the screen afterward; the texture is light and easy to blend; and it covers up the many flaws of my skin without making it screamingly obvious that I have foundation on. It does have its downfalls though. The finish is a bit shiny for my liking, but nothing a good powder can't fix. When my skin is very dry, it does accentuate the dry spots, but I've yet to find a foundation that doesn't. Finally, I find that if I use multiple layers on those bad skin days, it oxidizes a bit dark on me. To be fair, this may be my fault as my skin tone is probably closer to shade 20, but I selected 32 in the hopes the yellow undertones of the foundation would neutralize the redness of my face. Though I've recently felt tempted to try other foundations, namely MUFE's HD, NYX's HD and the new Benefit Oxygen Wow, I can't imagine actually plunking down more money when this works so amazingly well for me. MUFE also deserves props for their wide range of colors. I'm of Mexican-Scottish descent, with light olive skin and the struggle to find a decent color match has been nearly as frustrating as finding a cure for my acne has been. Even oxidized MUFE is much more natural looking on me than anything else I've tried other than the BB cream. While this stuff is pricy, it is worth its weight in gold to me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I ordered this online from Sephora and made a very lucky guesstimate shade wise based on reviews here. I really wanted to love this but I don't think MUFE f & b and I are very compatible. It has a lovely light yet buildable finish and the color match was wonderful. It's more liquidy/goopy than my other foundations but still workable obviously. It also has a slight scent to it but that doesn't bother me either.

Unfortunately it is breakout city for my face. I'm pretty suprised because I'm not breakout prone and no other foundation has done this to me. I thought perhaps it was something else I've been using but this is my only new product I've been applying the past few days. Back to Sephora it goes.

**EDIT**
Recently repurchased this after suspecting a scented laundry detergent might be to blame for my breakouts. Switched back to a hypoallergenic one, repurchased f & b, and lo & behold, no breakouts. :) This is one is a definite winner. I'm enjoying switching back and forth between this and MUFE HD although I think I prefer HD a bit more due to the coverage. It's nice to have a little bit of selection as far as foundation coverage.

For reference #32 Alabaster Beige was a great match (pretty yellow toned shade but works for my skin). I am Shell (30) in Chanel T.I. Liquid, 30 in DiorSkin Forever, 127 in MUFE HD, #3 in GA FF, and around NC25-30 in MAC. Combo skin that is not typically breakout prone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has been my favorite foundation for years. I've never really come across another foundation that compared to this one. I do have dry skin so I think my favorite thing about this is, it never dries me out, it never seems to cake, & it looks natural. It leaves a sheer somewhat dewey finish but if you need to cover any type of scars or blemishes, you can wait a minute for this to dry & then reapply the foundation to the areas you need it most, it's buildable w/o getting cakey. I also love that it lasts all day for me & resistant. I've been caught in rainstorms w/ this & it never budged.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is packaged in a lovely glass bottle with a black pump, always useful. The foundation itself is a gel/watery formulation. I've found that the best method for applying this foundation is to use my fingers and to swipe it in the red/blotchy areas and THEN pat and blend it into the skin.

The coverage is medium and can be built up nicely. The finish is really beautiful. It is difficult to look cakey with this on since the formulation is quite thin. This foundation also doesn't seem to oxidise on me, the color seems the same at the end of the day.

I am Asian and number 20 matches me pretty well.

My only potential area of concern is the possibility of breakouts. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and I'm still waiting to see if any breakouts occur. I've been using it for 2 weeks so far without incident, but will update if there are changes.

UPDATE: No changes, my skin seems to love this foundation, whee!

2ND UPDATE: The formula seems to gunk up pretty quickly. Not a big problem, but I do need to waste a third of every foundation I pump since the first third is all gunked up and unusable. 3 lipsticks instead of 5.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh my, I wish I tried this years ago! Most foundations out there dry my skin out, and I will put up with that for a night out if the product gives perfect color match and flawless coverage. What I really want is solid moisture upkeep in a light weight formula. I thought it just didn't exist, but it does and this is it.

With this I can say that my search for the perfect light-weight, medium coverage with a natural finish is finally over. I love this gel-like formula and how watery it feels going on the skin. I love that it simply seems to fade by the end of the day (7-8 hours) instead of sinking into my pores and accentuate dry patches.

I am pretty fair, around NW15-20 (winter/summer), truly cooltoned, and right now in late spring, this foundation in #2 is the p-e-r-f-e-c-t shade for my skin. I tried 38 (or was it 36 - it was the pinker one of the two) and it looked fine just swatching on my jawline, but made me look sick pale when put on my entire face. I had a MUFE assistant in Sephora find me the perfect shade and we did go through a few to find this match, so I will recommend you try before you buy. I was sure I was going to need the 38 or 36, but turned out to be a #2.

I really cannot recommend this foundation enough, the color selection is extensive, the formula is so moist and lightweight at the same time and the coverage is the perfect "light to medium"+buildable. It never goes matte or dry on my face and since I hate matte finishes (they accentuate my dry patches) I love this! So many products promise a natural finish (not matte, not overly dewy), so few actually deliver. This one does!

I could do without the fragrance, but I havent had any reactions to this so far. The bottle is 50 ml which is about 20 ml more than most foundation. It costs half as much as my 'for mature skin' moisture upkeeping foundations. Good value for money here.

ETA: On my 2nd bottle and still in love. Use it on it's own with Becca shimmering powders on cheekbones+temples = radiant, but natural looking skin. L-O-V-E!