Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 1/13/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

LOVE. I absolutely love this product!! It is for anyone looking for:

- a natural-looking, light foundation (which I thought was an oxymoron until I found this)

- something that will stay on your face during inclement weather, an accidental fall into the pool (yes, that happened), and even a swim in the ocean

- compliments. Just oodles of compliments.

After dozens of attempts at other foundations/concealers, I have found my HG foundation. First, the color selection is amazing. I actually found through trial and error that I am a 50/50 mix between 34, and 18. Being the clumsy fool I am (referencing the accidental fall into the pool), I am also prone to knocking glass things off high places. I found a small plastic bottle, bought both foundations, and mix my foundation in the small bottle. It's genius. In the summer, I add more 18. In the winter, more 34. This keeps me looking natural all throughout the year. With such a large color selection, I'm pretty sure you'll find your color match, even if you have to do some mixing like I do.

Second, the formula is amazing. It's a weird, globby gel consistency that is unlike anything I've ever felt in a foundation, but feels like water when spread across your face. I use my fingers, and use just a dime size for my entire face. It dries to a slight sheen, which is why I set it with Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder. It stays ALL DAY, doesn't become oily, and doesn't oxidize like a lot of foundations I've tried. Even my picky bf, who hates makeup, thinks I never wear foundation. Even my sister asked me (knowing my enormous makeup collection) "are you wearing makeup? It doesn't look like it. It just looks like nice skin." The reason for this, which might turn some people off, is that it is very lightweight. It can be built up if applied in layers, but for the most part the beauty is that it lets natural skin show through. If you blush, it'll show you blushing. If you're sick, it'll show a pallor.

Yes, it does have a scent, but now I don't even notice it. It definitely fades after a while, and no one I know has ever complained about my "lotion smelling".

Highly highly recommend. I will use this one forever. =)

on 11/19/2010 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'd give this an overall 5 if when you first put it on, it's a bit tacky when it dries. HOWEVER, this may be the best foundation I've ever come across. Bold words, I know.

A bit about my skin:
I'm usually NW30 in MAC, but I recently stopped using the tanning bed every couple weeks and stopped self tanning. I My skin when I let it go to its "au naturale" color is very pale with a jaundice tinge and fairly bad hereditary mediterranean circles ( i'm half lebanese half "american") I basically look sick and get asked i I'm sick from everyone, including my crazy lebanese father. So I really hate when I dont have color. I decided to start using tretinoin .05% and an AHA 10% regularly to help with some devloping fine lines on my forehead.
I have very dry, non-sensitive, non-breakout prone skin. I find when I use foundation it feels heavy even if it's light.

My Discovery:
Stumbled into Sephora because all my foundation/tinted moisturizers are too dark for me right now. my BB foundation in Sand, is a tad too light for me, but I used to use this in the wintertime mixed with moisturizer. Anyways, Went to the MUFE section, heard people rave about F&B on the boards, #20 was the second one I swatched and it matched my forearm perfectly! I was in sephora for about 5 minutes total.

Description of F& B:

You need to shake it, A TON, if you don't it won't be mixed very well at all. It's super super watery, more so than MAC F&B by a long shot. Because it's so watery it has a very high spreadability--kind of like how Hyaluronic acid you use a drop and you can almost cover your whole face.

It's made to be layered, so I'll go over my eye area a couple times to cover the dark circles.

You also can't feel that you have any makeup on, which is amazing.

sorry this was long but i hope it helps someone

on 3/6/2012 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I've previously declared EL DW to be my HG foundation and while I love the heavy coverage, in the end I realized I couldn't get any of the colors to work for my very neutral skin. Furthermore, the coverage--as much as I like it for my redness and acne scars--really aged me. I mucked around with other foundations, most of which were too orange, too pink, too light or too dark. In the end, I settled on a BB cream (Lioelle Triple the Solution) which I really like but the high SPF makes me look terrifying in photos. After trying 6 or 7 (!) foundations in the span of 7 months, I decided to shell out for this one. I have been using this in shade 32 since December and it hits all the high notes: it doesn't break me out; it provides very natural coverage and is buildable; it does NOT transfer. I love using my cell phone and not seeing a grease/makeup smear on the screen afterward; the texture is light and easy to blend; and it covers up the many flaws of my skin without making it screamingly obvious that I have foundation on. It does have its downfalls though. The finish is a bit shiny for my liking, but nothing a good powder can't fix. When my skin is very dry, it does accentuate the dry spots, but I've yet to find a foundation that doesn't. Finally, I find that if I use multiple layers on those bad skin days, it oxidizes a bit dark on me. To be fair, this may be my fault as my skin tone is probably closer to shade 20, but I selected 32 in the hopes the yellow undertones of the foundation would neutralize the redness of my face. Though I've recently felt tempted to try other foundations, namely MUFE's HD, NYX's HD and the new Benefit Oxygen Wow, I can't imagine actually plunking down more money when this works so amazingly well for me. MUFE also deserves props for their wide range of colors. I'm of Mexican-Scottish descent, with light olive skin and the struggle to find a decent color match has been nearly as frustrating as finding a cure for my acne has been. Even oxidized MUFE is much more natural looking on me than anything else I've tried other than the BB cream. While this stuff is pricy, it is worth its weight in gold to me.

on 12/30/2014 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have dry sensitive acne prone with normal to oily t-zone.

Pros:
-The MY SKIN BUT BETTER foundation (looks like you have no foundation on)
-Lightweight
-Sheer to Medium coverage (Buildable)
-Everyday foundation worthy
-Shade 32 matches me best but is still a bit peachy
-Quite hydrating and does not accentuate dry skin at all
-Wears for a good 6+ hours
-Dewy/Natural finish

Cons:
-Smells funny...
-Lack of shades
-Definitely will need a concealer to cover blemishes

For reference - NC 25-30/ Diorskin Star 021 Linen/ MUFE HD 118/ YSL TE BD50/ Chanel Vitalumiere in 010 Limpide/Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lift in 120/ Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 53

on 11/25/2010 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has been my favorite foundation for years. I've never really come across another foundation that compared to this one. I do have dry skin so I think my favorite thing about this is, it never dries me out, it never seems to cake, & it looks natural. It leaves a sheer somewhat dewey finish but if you need to cover any type of scars or blemishes, you can wait a minute for this to dry & then reapply the foundation to the areas you need it most, it's buildable w/o getting cakey. I also love that it lasts all day for me & resistant. I've been caught in rainstorms w/ this & it never budged.

on 2/9/2009 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I ordered this online from Sephora and made a very lucky guesstimate shade wise based on reviews here. I really wanted to love this but I don't think MUFE f & b and I are very compatible. It has a lovely light yet buildable finish and the color match was wonderful. It's more liquidy/goopy than my other foundations but still workable obviously. It also has a slight scent to it but that doesn't bother me either.

Unfortunately it is breakout city for my face. I'm pretty suprised because I'm not breakout prone and no other foundation has done this to me. I thought perhaps it was something else I've been using but this is my only new product I've been applying the past few days. Back to Sephora it goes.

**EDIT**
Recently repurchased this after suspecting a scented laundry detergent might be to blame for my breakouts. Switched back to a hypoallergenic one, repurchased f & b, and lo & behold, no breakouts. :) This is one is a definite winner. I'm enjoying switching back and forth between this and MUFE HD although I think I prefer HD a bit more due to the coverage. It's nice to have a little bit of selection as far as foundation coverage.

For reference #32 Alabaster Beige was a great match (pretty yellow toned shade but works for my skin). I am Shell (30) in Chanel T.I. Liquid, 30 in DiorSkin Forever, 127 in MUFE HD, #3 in GA FF, and around NC25-30 in MAC. Combo skin that is not typically breakout prone.

on 11/21/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Makeup offers lighter coverage than the High Definition Foundation. It has a very natural and dewy finish, whereas the HD is more matte and polished. It is definitely weightless and I love it because it just evens out the skin and still looks natural. I can also layer it for more coverage. I hope MUFE will offer a lighter & yellower shade as #20 Ivory is a tad too dark & too beige for my fair complexion with yellow undertone.

on 2/3/2008 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So far so good. I've been using this product for about 2 weeks and it hasnt broken me out at all. My skin even feels and looks better.

I bought this product in color no. 34 - I usually wear NC30 in MAC, Stila 30 watts, Laura Mercier in sand beige, EM in light. No. 34 is not a perfect color match - it's a bit dark - but because I apply it pretty sheer, it totally blends in.

Application: I shake the bottle a few times, unscrew the cap and dip a q-tip into the foundation until it goes above the cotton part. I roll the q-tip over the back of my hand. Then I use my MAC 187 skunk brush to dip into the foundation. I then apply the foundation on my face using a stippling motion then blend blend blend in a circular motion with the skunk brush. I usually need to dip the q-tip and do the roll on the back of my hand 2-3 times to totally cover my face.

My skin is acne prone and very sensitive. I've searched high and low for a good foundation to even my skin tone and cover acne scars - I have a lot. This foundation is really natural looking and evens out my skin very well...however it does not cover up the darker acne scars - I use MUFE full cover in no. 6 for that - it's perfect and lasts all day - I have another review for full cover.

THE GOOD: Very good coverage, lasts all day without touch ups and looks very natural.

THE BAD: It's kind of expensive at $38.00 for 1.69 oz. but I can see how this will last forever - you use very little. The glass bottle with the screw cap is not convenient - I'm afraid of spilling it and am weary of double dipping my qtip.

on 8/15/2013 2:17:00 AM

Wow!!! I seriously love this foundation. I have NC30 skin and bought this shade in #32. I have been reaching for this more than my NARs sheer glow because it doesn't cling to my dry patches like how my nars sometimes does.
This foundation is a bit gel-ish but after vigorously shaking the bottle, pumping it on my finger tips and warming it up on my hands... The foundation applies on well. I don't have to apply concealer after putting this on. It stays on well with my hourglass veil primer and lasts me about 10 hours. I don't wear foundation everyday, so I can't review if it will clog my pores or give me acne.
Anyways pI can't rave enough about this product and I'm so glad I bought it.

on 12/25/2012 6:40:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is packaged in a lovely glass bottle with a black pump, always useful. The foundation itself is a gel/watery formulation. I've found that the best method for applying this foundation is to use my fingers and to swipe it in the red/blotchy areas and THEN pat and blend it into the skin.

The coverage is medium and can be built up nicely. The finish is really beautiful. It is difficult to look cakey with this on since the formulation is quite thin. This foundation also doesn't seem to oxidise on me, the color seems the same at the end of the day.

I am Asian and number 20 matches me pretty well.

My only potential area of concern is the possibility of breakouts. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and I'm still waiting to see if any breakouts occur. I've been using it for 2 weeks so far without incident, but will update if there are changes.

UPDATE: No changes, my skin seems to love this foundation, whee!

2ND UPDATE: The formula seems to gunk up pretty quickly. Not a big problem, but I do need to waste a third of every foundation I pump since the first third is all gunked up and unusable. 4 lipsticks instead of 5.