Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because of its high Makeup Alley rating.

Pros:
--looks okay
--has a pump

Cons:
--scent (flowers...why?)
--cost

I thought that this water-based foundation would hold up a little better with my oily t-zone. I still have to blot. Also, I have to use quite a bit. I guess that's because it's water-based. Finally, it sometimes pills up. I think it must be my primer, but I have a few different ones in rotation. So, I haven't found the culprit.

While it does even out my skin tone, it doesn't hide any flaws. I know---use a concealer. Here's the thing: I can buy a drug store foundation that covers flaws. For this price, I just want it to do more....without that nasty smell.

I'll use it up, but I won't repurchase.

on 7/1/2015 1:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is by far my favorite foundation ever! It's very lightweight but has buildable coverage. It's great for the summer time or for those who live in very hot humid climates like myself. My skin is very sensitive and this product hasn't caused any dryness, irritation or breakouts. I have some rosacea on my cheeks, acne scars, enlarged pores, and occasional monthly hormonal breakouts and this foundation goes on my skin so smoothly it completely makes my complexion look flawless. I usually apply two lights layers on and lightly powder my t-zone where I get shinny. I have tried applying this foundation with my fingers, a beauty blender sponge, and a foundation brush and each time I get the same amazing finish. It does have a very strong floral scent that might be offensive to some who hate strong fragrances but after the foundation dries you won't smell it at all. This is my HG foundation and I will be re-purchasing this forever, if you've tried a million foundations and you can't find one that you like give this one a try by far the best out there.

on 6/1/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This my hands down favorite foundation. It's light going on and looks like skin but better. Every other foundation I've tried even Naked Skin which I've been using for a year, can get weird looking and cakey between my eyebrows, around my eyes and on my chin. I don't know why but it's really annoying and I have to use a really light hand. I could put layers of this on and not have that problem. I love that it's a water based gel that sets and stays there even through heat and humidity. Color selection could be better in my opinion. I was matched to 34 Honey Beige which is great for summer and makes my face match the rest of me but the lighter shades in the beige tones were looking a bit too light and I could have a hard time finding a match in winter. Mixing 2 shades will probably work but at around $40 a bottle I hope I dont have to.This gives light and builds to medium coverage. I use this with MUFE Full Cover concealer to cover any pigmentation or blemishes and the coverage is perfect. On bad skin days when I want a little more coverage I use a little LG Balance and Brighten powder on top which keep things light and natural looking. This has a satin finish with no mattifying ingredients at all so I find that I need a setting powder in the t-zone for my combo skin. I need to blot throughout the day but the nice thing about this is that it stays put once set and I dont have to worry about blotting my make up off. In fact the only problem I have with this is getting it all off. Even Cliniques Take the Day Off cleansing balm doesnt remove this completely. I have to follow up with a toner to prevent breakouts so I knocked a lippie for that and the large price tag.

on 5/8/2015 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i am very fair, cool toned, with normal to dry skin. i have this in shade #38, pink porcelain. it's the lightest cool toned shade available (to my eye, at least)

pros:
- so, so comfortable to wear
- colour match is great/huge shade range
- mixes so well with liquid illuminators (some heavier foundations separate if you try this, and i wear liquid illuminator nearly every day)
- doesn't look cakey, ever
- sheer coverage of a tinted moisturiser, but not greasy. very buildable

cons:
???????????

price: it's very expensive, the most expensive foundation i've ever bought. but the bottle is 50ml, bigger than the standard 30ml. the mac f&b is cheaper, but the bottle doesn't come with a pump and the lightest cool shade is neither pink enough nor light enough for me.

repurchase: yes. i need it in my life

on 5/6/2015 11:29:00 AM

OMG This is my holy grail foundation. Make Up For Ever has so many great foundations and I've used all of them before, but I feel like the Face & Body Liquid Make Up doesn't get as much raves as their other foundations, which is such a pity since this one is hands-down my favorite foundation of all time and this is no joke 'cause I'm a competitive Irish dancer and also a makeup artist, and this foundation has been my favorite foundation ever since I started doing makeup.
It's very watery but it gives a medium to full coverage, depending on whether you're using a brush or a sponge to apply it. It comes in a wide range of colors, with over 10 different shades (if I remembered correctly). I think the packaging is great, but since I'm a competitive Irish dancer/makeup artist, I actually don't have the glass bottle version. Mine is a plastic bottle one which contains more than twice the amount of foundation in the glass bottle one.

on 4/21/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The texture is really incomparable compared to the 15+ other foundations I've tried in my life. It's thin and flexible and has a super malleable and skin-like finish.

Which means it's impossible for this foundation to ever be cakey. Really. It makes sense why I think Donna Mee (all around great makeup artist and entrepreneur) has listed this as one of her all time favorite foundations to work with.

Sadly I am not a girl who can go without medium coverage, so I have to mix this with another foundation. I also mix this because the shade I have is a bit too yellow for my taste but that's honestly not a problem since I have lots of other foundations I need to use up. Therefore this foundation is not HG material, but because of its truly amazing texture, I'm still giving it 4 lippies.

Upon longevity, I honestly don't know how long this stuff would last. I imagine it would last pretty long because it's got a water-based formulation. Note: shake the bottle before you use it. Trust me on this one.

This foundation is really for people who have nice skin and for people who want a refreshing dewy look. It's worth the forty dollars to me even with its flaws because I think it has a really beautiful finish that I can rely on not screw up 2 hours later (like a ton of other foundations). So if you can find a great color match, I doubt you'd regret buying this.

on 4/16/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thoughts on MUFE Face and Body Foundation:
Bought #20 and #32. 20 is a good match right now (nw20), and 32 is darker/more yellow--probably good for self tanning in the summer? Shook it and squirted some out and it was VERY liquid. Shook it for 5 mins and tried again and it was better, more jello like texture. The scent is STRONG, like some childhood toy or fake makeup I had growing up? For some reason My Little Ponies come to mind.. Smell has diminished but not disappeared in 10 mins. Foundation layered nicely, but does require a little time between layers to go on smoothly. Doesn't hide pores, but doesn't accentuate them thankfully like NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation does. Finish is glowier than expected but I was wearing maracuja oil underneath. I set my t zone with the MUFE HD powder. Feels slightly tacky on skin. Doesn't completely cover redness but diminishes it and I like that I can build up an extra layer in the areas I need more coverage. Nearly undetectable on skin--looks like skin. Doesn't crease or crack even in my smile lines or dry areas. Has not broken me out. HG status if it weren't for that weird smell..

Who I think this would work for: people who don't normally wear foundation or prefer a light coverage, people with dry to combination skin (oily skinned people may require primer/powder/setting spray to make this work for them), men, someone who is new to makeup (as this is very easy to apply with fingers, and the sheerness of it makes it forgiving), someone who is looking to lightly even out their complexion or diminish minor redness (this will work for you if you have blemishes if you use a separate concealer for them), someone who wants their foundation to be undetectable up close or far away.

on 4/14/2015 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation, and I've tried nearly every foundation out there. The coverage is light and beautiful. I usually go for a medium coverage to full due to acne flare ups and uneven skin tone, but I don't know what it is about this stuff!! It makes my skin look so healthy and even that the lighter coverage doesn't bother me. I just spot my problem areas with a tad more concealer. (I love Sonia Kashuk from Target) I am a #34 (NC40 or C4 in Mac depending on season) the color is a little more tan than I am currently but blends well as my face is lighter than the rest of my body anyhow. I do tend to get a bit oily after hours of wear with most foundations, the same is with this foundation, but it's more of a glow than a oil slick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is skin. There is no other way for me to describe it. Though it's not meant for full coverage and doesn't conceal my acne scars completely, it has a way of making your skin look nearly perfect. I apply 3 pumps for my entire face. As my first layer, I apply 2 pumps all over. Completely evens out my skin tone. Next, I apply the smallest amount of concealer onto my problem areas. Lastly, I finish it with my last pump. My skin looks so flawless! Blends beautifully, doesn't cling around my nose, doesn't transfer as much, and provides the most natural skin-like finish. Although I have very oily, acne-prone skin, my face accepts it with open arms.

I use shade 34.
For reference:
Urban Decay Naked Skin - 6/7
Mac NC 37-40
Tarte Amazonian Clay - Tan Honey
Missha Perfect Cover / Signature BB Cream - 27

on 3/27/2015 1:50:00 AM

First off, this is not a full coverage foundation at allllllll. It's also only mildly buildable. BUT, I was tired of using thick, uncomfortable foundation that suffocated my skin. I also have gotten tired of making my skin look waaayyy better than it actually does.
All that being said, this foundation is perfect. It makes my skin look healthier. It doesn't fully coat my blemishes/bright red marks, but lightly glazes over them giving them a lighter appearance. It also helps reduce the redness of my mild rosacea and didn't cause my sensitive/acne-prone skin to break out. This foundation also never felt gross on my face throughout the whole day. It actually kind of felt like I had applied a nice moisturizer. Another thing is, my face usually likes to get really oily and, even though the consistency of the foundation is very watery, I had the LEAST oiliness on my face than I have with any foundation. I had even applied some spf moisturizer before applying the foundation.
So..

PROS:
Comfortable/Light
Healthy glow-like finish
Blends easily
Didn't feel like it "cracked"
Nice packaging
Doesn't irritate my skin
Doesn't catch on dry spots
Doesn't settle into creases

Cons:
Isn't full coverage (if you want full coverage)
Fragrance (I don't need my face to smell like a flower)

I would recommend this product even more to someone with generally nice skin already as it will accentuate it even more, giving a "better than skin" look.