Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

A beautiful foundation but.....

For years I have been searching for a lightweight foundation that could barely be detected on the skin but managed to cover redness. Plus, I needed it to go over dry and sometimes flaky skin. Tough requirements.

This product covers redness on cheeks, yet maintains a realistic finish that reflects light in the manner of naked, healthy skin. It works wonderfully with my dry skin and does not accentuate dry patches or wrinkles.

To me this product may be as good as it gets EXCEPT for the fragrance. MUFE please do something about the fragrance! I do not think that much fragrance is good to have on the skin for extended periods and because of that single point I have come to the conclusion I would not repurchase and I have docked the product 4 lippies as there is no way to get around it -the makeup reeks of fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have very sensitive skin and my pores get clogged so easily. My derm recommended this foundation & it is amazing, its light and gives you a natural look. It doesn't clog my pores. I would recommend a stippling brush when applying it, if you apply it with a sponge/flat top the product will be absorbed by the brush/sponge. The price isn't too bad either for high-end, it comes with a pump (yay). I would repurchase this again and again!

I've been using this for about 3 weeks so I feel like I've figured it out enough to review it. My review of this might change, but I will update if it does start to break me out/clog my pores.

My first thoughts when I put it on, WTH is this smell/texture and just a general puzzled look while I attempted to put it on like a typical foundation. This is because if I don't blend it out, it can be a real dewy fest on my face, also will not blend with my skin tone right now and I have it in shade 20, which can be too dark if I try to apply more than one layer.. In summer I might love this foundation even more once I can layer it for more coverage and then just set it with some powder. For now I use one thin layer and set my T-Zone and under eyes with Palladio Rice Powder.

This foundation is how I wish my face looked without foundation, it doesn't by any means make me look flawless, but I like how it still looks like my skin when I put it on, something I have never experienced with foundation before. This being said, it does nothing to cover up my major imperfections but I'm okay with that because it just evens everything out so those don't seem so bad. I use concealer before only, after didn't seem to work to well (currently Maybelline FitMe).

In my experience -

Pros:
- Has not caused any breakouts.
- Zero Irritation even with the fragrance.
- Forget I'm even wearing it.
- Blendable.
- No flashbacks in photos.
- Looks dewy like skin not oily and mask like.
- Has a pump.
- Good for daily use
- Doesn't highlight dry patches.

Cons:
- Fragrance is kind of a con, like why put it in there, but phew it goes away for me.
- Cannot find a shade that matches me if I want to build it for more coverage I'm NC20 right now.
- Pricey.
- Not Cruelty Free.
- Can appear patchy if not well blended and would therefore make any bronzer or blush patchy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've wanted to try this foundation for a long time but because I don't have great skin I was always afraid I wouldn't get enough coverage.

I've tend to notice my skin reacts better when I use a lighter layer of foundation on my whole face and only conceal the spots. So I decided to finally take the plunge and by this.

I love this foundation. It doesn't dry my skin out which is my biggest problem lately. This blends really easy. It also stays on for about 10 hours before it starts to break down. This is also easy to remove unlike Double Wear.

I got the lightest shade and its a perfect match for my light skin tone. I use about one- two small layers to even out my skin tone. Then I conceal my blemishes with a matte foundation. I do use a light dusting of setting powder.

This looks like skin. Even with my problem skin I still like to be able to see it. I highly recommend this.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It took me a while to like this foundation but I was applying it wrong.

First off, it's his runny you would want to apply it with a foundation brush. I kept trying to use a flat top and stiple it in, but it leaves streaks. The foundation brush allows you to control application and wipe away streaks for smooth finish

This foundation isn't for oily skin, when used alone. It gives a dewy finish, which can look oily on us, so I set it with Duo Mat.

I also color correct with orange concealer and it covers it up.

I use 4 pumps which equals 2.5 coats for my desired finish.

This foundation has a scent but I like it. It gives a nice, skin like finish.

It is my everyday HG foundation

These days, my skin is in good enough shape that I don't need a base, but I wanted to get some extra coverage to ensure my skin would look perfect for my sister's wedding day. This is one of the few foundations I found that has good reviews and is SPF-free (meaning, good for flash photography since it doesn't have any ingredients that will give you a ghostly look).

I went to a store to get color-matched and the artist immediately chose N20, which is an exact match for me. I find a lot of foundations can look too orange or pink, but N20 is a perfectly neutral, yellow-toned color that doesn't look TOO yellow (though it might be a bit too dark when my skin gets paler this winter). I was impressed at how seamlessly it blended into my skin and the skin-like sheen of its finish, even in bright natural light, so I bought a bottle.

This is a very watery-feeling foundation and feels so light on my skin that it doesn't look or feel like I'm wearing a base. I really love that aspect because I haven't worn a full-on foundation in years and am used to the lighter formulas of tinted moisturizers.

It doesn't have quite the 'glide' that a creamier, heavier formula would have, so you have to work relatively quickly. I found I got a glowing, natural finish and good coverage by stippling it on with a damp Beauty Blender sponge. I'm afraid spreading it on with your fingers or a flat foundation brush might lead to a streaky finish. Even buffing it in with a fluffier brush like you would with a cream or creamy liquid foundation might be frustrating since the formula is so lightweight. The coverage is medium-full. You can layer it on for more opacity, however.

To ensure longevity, I wore this over NARS Pro-Prime Light-Optimizing Primer and set it with pure silk powder. The lasting power of this foundation is amazing. I wore it 12+ hours and my face looked good the entire night. Unlike other foundations I've tried, it did not cake up, make my face oilier or shinier, nor dry it out and leave it flaky. It didn't rub off either. I even used it on my legs because I had a light bruise on my shin and didn't want to wear pantyhose (open toed shoes). It gave great coverage and didn't rub off onto my dress or anywhere else.

My sis sent me the wedding pictures and the foundation performed splendidly. No ghost face. My skin looked perfect and perfectly natural. Even my sister's foundation, which had been applied by a pro makeup artist, was apparent in a few pictures. Mine was invisible.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging, which is a heavy glass bottle. I would prefer a pump and a more durable and lightweight plastic bottle. The price is also kind of high, but the bottle is a generous size. I did a quick mental math comparison between this and some other high-end, non-SPF foundations and Face & Body was cheaper per ounce. Overall, I'm very happy with this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This foundation has a wonderful finish--not too matte and not to dewy that it verges on oily-looking. It's quite natural with one layer, especially when blended on with fingers. It melds into the skin, doesn't crease and feels perfectly lightweight. Everything I would want in a foundation except.....

I'm around NC35-37 during winter and NC40 during summer but I have very golden/yellow undertones. Even though I've done the research and settled on #34 (like a lot of other ppl in my shade range), the undertone still isn't quite right. It leans a little reddish rather then beige as with the shade description. The reddish undertone becomes more noticable if I need to build for more coverage. Sadly #32 was too light for me. It would have been perfect if there was a medium shade with yellow/gold undertones that's in between 34 and 32.

I've toyed with the idea of buying 32 just so I could mix. But that's another $46 CAD out of pocket.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Okay so I'm not going to lie in the summer this is my go to foundation however in the winter I look like an orange mess (I prefer Urban Decay in the winter months). This foundation does oxidize quite a bit and you need to be careful in how you apply it (which is a pain in the ass). If you get it perfect though it looks super beautiful and dewy on your skin (personally I prefer medium coverage but this is buildable). Only drawback is that there isn't many shades and its quite liquidy which means you have to shake it a lot before applying. Also I don't love the bottle or the plastic cap it comes with.

Amazing feel, very natural. Light to medium coverage, you still need a good concealer for dark spots, blemishes, dark circles. Scent is quite strong but i don't hate it. Would wear every day if it did not make me break out!! :-( i wear it on nights out and very seldomly now. Look is great, next day skin not so much.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my holy grail foundation. Hands down I have never found a foundation like it. I've been using this for 3 years now and I love love love it.

Pros:
- Looks like skin - I've never found a product like it. I can be wearing 2 layers of this and my skin still looks like perfect skin close up - I've NEVER found another foundation that is like that.
- Sheer to medium, with coverage that's buildable (you can keep putting layer on layer and it doesn't look cakey).
- huge colour selection
- Gel like texture that is cooling to the skin.
- no spf, does not flash back
- lasts fairly well, but depends on how much you put on

Cons:
- not as long lasting as colourstay or double wear. If I'm going to be somewhere particularly humid or out for 10+ hours I'll opt for those foundations.
- I have normal skin with a slightly oily t-zone and my face does get a tad oily during the day but I just blot with paper and apply some powder

My summer shade is #20 and winter is #38z both have neutral undertones. I'm NW20/25 in Mac products.