Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 7/30/2015 11:33:00 AM

The MUFE Face and Body Liquid Makeup sure has a strange, gel-like consistency... Reminds me of Doublebase Gel! But it doesn't stop me from really liking this oil-free, light but buildable foundation!

I wear the shade #38, and I'm lighter than an NC15 in MAC, with a lot of redness in my skin. Despite the cool, pinky shade, this applies beautifully on my skin and manages to even out quite a bit of redness.

This isn't a full coverage foundation, but it gives me enough coverage to make my skin look like skin, but better. The coverage is seamless too, if blended out with fingers or a Beauty Blender, this creates such a beautiful base, of course, with imperfections still peeking out but that's good enough for me, as I'm not a fan of full coverage foundations.

With it being water-based, it is perfect for oily-skinned / acne-prone skin types and this is definitely a wonderful addition to my quick, slap on and go foundations. This also adheres to the skin really well without a primer. It also dries down to a matte-ish finish, which doesn't require powdering after. A great product for when I don't have the luxury of time on my side, as I can simply slap this on, conceal whatever needs concealing and then step out of the house.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Tried a sample of this and I instantly fell in love. This foundation has an extremely light coverage, somewhere in between a light coverage foundation and a tinted moisturiser, but all I really want from a foundation is for it to make my face match my body when I'm tan (when I'm pale I don't wear foundation that much anymore) and that's exactly what this does. It honestly looks undetectable on the skin, no joke.

on 7/17/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'll get straight to it, this product is amazing. The finish is really nice, not mattifying, but not not oily either. I have very dry skin and this product does not accentuate my fine lines (not even lines under my eyes) nor does it crease. Looks just like skin, but with a nice glow. I was color matched to shade 32 which is perfect for my olive, yellow toned skin. You need to shake the product very well before applying - should be kind of jello consistency when you pump it out. I have uber sensitive skin and this product didn't irritate or dry out my skin at all. I apply two light layers and the coverage is better than a tinted moisturizer. I use LM hydrating primer and set with smash box photo finish primer water and it lasts all day with minimal transfer. Looks nice in pictures with flash. HG for me and I will most definitely repurchase again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because of its high Makeup Alley rating.

Pros:
--looks okay
--has a pump

Cons:
--scent (flowers...why?)
--cost

I thought that this water-based foundation would hold up a little better with my oily t-zone. I still have to blot. Also, I have to use quite a bit. I guess that's because it's water-based. Finally, it sometimes pills up. I think it must be my primer, but I have a few different ones in rotation. So, I haven't found the culprit.

While it does even out my skin tone, it doesn't hide any flaws. I know---use a concealer. Here's the thing: I can buy a drug store foundation that covers flaws. For this price, I just want it to do more....without that nasty smell.

I'll use it up, but I won't repurchase.

on 7/1/2015 1:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is by far my favorite foundation ever! It's very lightweight but has buildable coverage. It's great for the summer time or for those who live in very hot humid climates like myself. My skin is very sensitive and this product hasn't caused any dryness, irritation or breakouts. I have some rosacea on my cheeks, acne scars, enlarged pores, and occasional monthly hormonal breakouts and this foundation goes on my skin so smoothly it completely makes my complexion look flawless. I usually apply two lights layers on and lightly powder my t-zone where I get shinny. I have tried applying this foundation with my fingers, a beauty blender sponge, and a foundation brush and each time I get the same amazing finish. It does have a very strong floral scent that might be offensive to some who hate strong fragrances but after the foundation dries you won't smell it at all. This is my HG foundation and I will be re-purchasing this forever, if you've tried a million foundations and you can't find one that you like give this one a try by far the best out there.

on 6/1/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This my hands down favorite foundation. It's light going on and looks like skin but better. Every other foundation I've tried even Naked Skin which I've been using for a year, can get weird looking and cakey between my eyebrows, around my eyes and on my chin. I don't know why but it's really annoying and I have to use a really light hand. I could put layers of this on and not have that problem. I love that it's a water based gel that sets and stays there even through heat and humidity. Color selection could be better in my opinion. I was matched to 34 Honey Beige which is great for summer and makes my face match the rest of me but the lighter shades in the beige tones were looking a bit too light and I could have a hard time finding a match in winter. Mixing 2 shades will probably work but at around $40 a bottle I hope I dont have to.This gives light and builds to medium coverage. I use this with MUFE Full Cover concealer to cover any pigmentation or blemishes and the coverage is perfect. On bad skin days when I want a little more coverage I use a little LG Balance and Brighten powder on top which keep things light and natural looking. This has a satin finish with no mattifying ingredients at all so I find that I need a setting powder in the t-zone for my combo skin. I need to blot throughout the day but the nice thing about this is that it stays put once set and I dont have to worry about blotting my make up off. In fact the only problem I have with this is getting it all off. Even Cliniques Take the Day Off cleansing balm doesnt remove this completely. I have to follow up with a toner to prevent breakouts so I knocked a lippie for that and the large price tag.

on 5/8/2015 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i am very fair, cool toned, with normal to dry skin. i have this in shade #38, pink porcelain. it's the lightest cool toned shade available (to my eye, at least)

pros:
- so, so comfortable to wear
- colour match is great/huge shade range
- mixes so well with liquid illuminators (some heavier foundations separate if you try this, and i wear liquid illuminator nearly every day)
- doesn't look cakey, ever
- sheer coverage of a tinted moisturiser, but not greasy. very buildable

cons:
???????????

price: it's very expensive, the most expensive foundation i've ever bought. but the bottle is 50ml, bigger than the standard 30ml. the mac f&b is cheaper, but the bottle doesn't come with a pump and the lightest cool shade is neither pink enough nor light enough for me.

repurchase: yes. i need it in my life

on 5/6/2015 11:29:00 AM

OMG This is my holy grail foundation. Make Up For Ever has so many great foundations and I've used all of them before, but I feel like the Face & Body Liquid Make Up doesn't get as much raves as their other foundations, which is such a pity since this one is hands-down my favorite foundation of all time and this is no joke 'cause I'm a competitive Irish dancer and also a makeup artist, and this foundation has been my favorite foundation ever since I started doing makeup.
It's very watery but it gives a medium to full coverage, depending on whether you're using a brush or a sponge to apply it. It comes in a wide range of colors, with over 10 different shades (if I remembered correctly). I think the packaging is great, but since I'm a competitive Irish dancer/makeup artist, I actually don't have the glass bottle version. Mine is a plastic bottle one which contains more than twice the amount of foundation in the glass bottle one.

on 4/21/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The texture is really incomparable compared to the 15+ other foundations I've tried in my life. It's thin and flexible and has a super malleable and skin-like finish.

Which means it's impossible for this foundation to ever be cakey. Really. It makes sense why I think Donna Mee (all around great makeup artist and entrepreneur) has listed this as one of her all time favorite foundations to work with.

Sadly I am not a girl who can go without medium coverage, so I have to mix this with another foundation. I also mix this because the shade I have is a bit too yellow for my taste but that's honestly not a problem since I have lots of other foundations I need to use up. Therefore this foundation is not HG material, but because of its truly amazing texture, I'm still giving it 4 lippies.

Upon longevity, I honestly don't know how long this stuff would last. I imagine it would last pretty long because it's got a water-based formulation. Note: shake the bottle before you use it. Trust me on this one.

This foundation is really for people who have nice skin and for people who want a refreshing dewy look. It's worth the forty dollars to me even with its flaws because I think it has a really beautiful finish that I can rely on not screw up 2 hours later (like a ton of other foundations). So if you can find a great color match, I doubt you'd regret buying this.

on 4/16/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thoughts on MUFE Face and Body Foundation:
Bought #20 and #32. 20 is a good match right now (nw20), and 32 is darker/more yellow--probably good for self tanning in the summer? Shook it and squirted some out and it was VERY liquid. Shook it for 5 mins and tried again and it was better, more jello like texture. The scent is STRONG, like some childhood toy or fake makeup I had growing up? For some reason My Little Ponies come to mind.. Smell has diminished but not disappeared in 10 mins. Foundation layered nicely, but does require a little time between layers to go on smoothly. Doesn't hide pores, but doesn't accentuate them thankfully like NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation does. Finish is glowier than expected but I was wearing maracuja oil underneath. I set my t zone with the MUFE HD powder. Feels slightly tacky on skin. Doesn't completely cover redness but diminishes it and I like that I can build up an extra layer in the areas I need more coverage. Nearly undetectable on skin--looks like skin. Doesn't crease or crack even in my smile lines or dry areas. Has not broken me out. HG status if it weren't for that weird smell..

Who I think this would work for: people who don't normally wear foundation or prefer a light coverage, people with dry to combination skin (oily skinned people may require primer/powder/setting spray to make this work for them), men, someone who is new to makeup (as this is very easy to apply with fingers, and the sheerness of it makes it forgiving), someone who is looking to lightly even out their complexion or diminish minor redness (this will work for you if you have blemishes if you use a separate concealer for them), someone who wants their foundation to be undetectable up close or far away.