Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 8/12/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this foundation for $40 at sephora in #32 and it matches my light to medium skin tone well once it sets into my skin. The packaging on this foundation is glass so it will break if dropped. It also comes with a pump! I will say that this foundation looks absolutely gorgeous on my skin for the first few hours because it is so natural and gives me a slightly dewy look. However, I find that this foundation is definitely for those who have more of a dryer skin type. After about 4 hours on my combination-dry skin, my face was a complete oil slick and the redness and spots on my face are starting to show through. I took another star away because after 3 days of wear this foundation made me break out horribly all over my face.
Overall, I would not purchase this foundation again because of the breakouts. I do highly recommend this foundation for those who have dry skin and for those who are not acne-prone!

on 8/8/2015 3:45:00 PM

I usually wear a tinted moisturiser (NARS TM in the shade Akaska) and was looking for an alternative but tend to dislike how foundations look on my skin as it looks mask-like and not natural at all unfortunately. So MUFE is only available online where I live so I ordered the shade 20 which looked closest to NARS TM in Akaska. When I received it, it looked too yellow so I put it aside thinking I will try to make it work somehow. I finally tried it it a few days ago and have used it everyday since and I can safely say it lives up to the great reviews. It melts in to the skin and actually looks like a better version of my skin and although it initially looks yellow when I begin to blend it it starts to even out my skin tone and becomes more uniform. The exact same thing happens with the NARS TM in Alaska with me too. I love Make Up For Ever products and this foundation us fast becoming my favourite product as it is natural looking, long wearing, lightweight and perfect for my dehydrated skin. I highly recommend :)

on 7/30/2015 11:33:00 AM

The MUFE Face and Body Liquid Makeup sure has a strange, gel-like consistency... Reminds me of Doublebase Gel! But it doesn't stop me from really liking this oil-free, light but buildable foundation!

I wear the shade #38, and I'm lighter than an NC15 in MAC, with a lot of redness in my skin. Despite the cool, pinky shade, this applies beautifully on my skin and manages to even out quite a bit of redness.

This isn't a full coverage foundation, but it gives me enough coverage to make my skin look like skin, but better. The coverage is seamless too, if blended out with fingers or a Beauty Blender, this creates such a beautiful base, of course, with imperfections still peeking out but that's good enough for me, as I'm not a fan of full coverage foundations.

With it being water-based, it is perfect for oily-skinned / acne-prone skin types and this is definitely a wonderful addition to my quick, slap on and go foundations. This also adheres to the skin really well without a primer. It also dries down to a matte-ish finish, which doesn't require powdering after. A great product for when I don't have the luxury of time on my side, as I can simply slap this on, conceal whatever needs concealing and then step out of the house.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Tried a sample of this and I instantly fell in love. This foundation has an extremely light coverage, somewhere in between a light coverage foundation and a tinted moisturiser, but all I really want from a foundation is for it to make my face match my body when I'm tan (when I'm pale I don't wear foundation that much anymore) and that's exactly what this does. It honestly looks undetectable on the skin, no joke.

on 7/17/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'll get straight to it, this product is amazing. The finish is really nice, not mattifying, but not not oily either. I have very dry skin and this product does not accentuate my fine lines (not even lines under my eyes) nor does it crease. Looks just like skin, but with a nice glow. I was color matched to shade 32 which is perfect for my olive, yellow toned skin. You need to shake the product very well before applying - should be kind of jello consistency when you pump it out. I have uber sensitive skin and this product didn't irritate or dry out my skin at all. I apply two light layers and the coverage is better than a tinted moisturizer. I use LM hydrating primer and set with smash box photo finish primer water and it lasts all day with minimal transfer. Looks nice in pictures with flash. HG for me and I will most definitely repurchase again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because of its high Makeup Alley rating.

Pros:
--looks okay
--has a pump

Cons:
--scent (flowers...why?)
--cost

I thought that this water-based foundation would hold up a little better with my oily t-zone. I still have to blot. Also, I have to use quite a bit. I guess that's because it's water-based. Finally, it sometimes pills up. I think it must be my primer, but I have a few different ones in rotation. So, I haven't found the culprit.

While it does even out my skin tone, it doesn't hide any flaws. I know---use a concealer. Here's the thing: I can buy a drug store foundation that covers flaws. For this price, I just want it to do more....without that nasty smell.

I'll use it up, but I won't repurchase.

on 7/1/2015 1:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is by far my favorite foundation ever! It's very lightweight but has buildable coverage. It's great for the summer time or for those who live in very hot humid climates like myself. My skin is very sensitive and this product hasn't caused any dryness, irritation or breakouts. I have some rosacea on my cheeks, acne scars, enlarged pores, and occasional monthly hormonal breakouts and this foundation goes on my skin so smoothly it completely makes my complexion look flawless. I usually apply two lights layers on and lightly powder my t-zone where I get shinny. I have tried applying this foundation with my fingers, a beauty blender sponge, and a foundation brush and each time I get the same amazing finish. It does have a very strong floral scent that might be offensive to some who hate strong fragrances but after the foundation dries you won't smell it at all. This is my HG foundation and I will be re-purchasing this forever, if you've tried a million foundations and you can't find one that you like give this one a try by far the best out there.

on 6/1/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This my hands down favorite foundation. It's light going on and looks like skin but better. Every other foundation I've tried even Naked Skin which I've been using for a year, can get weird looking and cakey between my eyebrows, around my eyes and on my chin. I don't know why but it's really annoying and I have to use a really light hand. I could put layers of this on and not have that problem. I love that it's a water based gel that sets and stays there even through heat and humidity. Color selection could be better in my opinion. I was matched to 34 Honey Beige which is great for summer and makes my face match the rest of me but the lighter shades in the beige tones were looking a bit too light and I could have a hard time finding a match in winter. Mixing 2 shades will probably work but at around $40 a bottle I hope I dont have to.This gives light and builds to medium coverage. I use this with MUFE Full Cover concealer to cover any pigmentation or blemishes and the coverage is perfect. On bad skin days when I want a little more coverage I use a little LG Balance and Brighten powder on top which keep things light and natural looking. This has a satin finish with no mattifying ingredients at all so I find that I need a setting powder in the t-zone for my combo skin. I need to blot throughout the day but the nice thing about this is that it stays put once set and I dont have to worry about blotting my make up off. In fact the only problem I have with this is getting it all off. Even Cliniques Take the Day Off cleansing balm doesnt remove this completely. I have to follow up with a toner to prevent breakouts so I knocked a lippie for that and the large price tag.

on 5/8/2015 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i am very fair, cool toned, with normal to dry skin. i have this in shade #38, pink porcelain. it's the lightest cool toned shade available (to my eye, at least)

pros:
- so, so comfortable to wear
- colour match is great/huge shade range
- mixes so well with liquid illuminators (some heavier foundations separate if you try this, and i wear liquid illuminator nearly every day)
- doesn't look cakey, ever
- sheer coverage of a tinted moisturiser, but not greasy. very buildable

cons:
???????????

price: it's very expensive, the most expensive foundation i've ever bought. but the bottle is 50ml, bigger than the standard 30ml. the mac f&b is cheaper, but the bottle doesn't come with a pump and the lightest cool shade is neither pink enough nor light enough for me.

repurchase: yes. i need it in my life

on 5/6/2015 11:29:00 AM

OMG This is my holy grail foundation. Make Up For Ever has so many great foundations and I've used all of them before, but I feel like the Face & Body Liquid Make Up doesn't get as much raves as their other foundations, which is such a pity since this one is hands-down my favorite foundation of all time and this is no joke 'cause I'm a competitive Irish dancer and also a makeup artist, and this foundation has been my favorite foundation ever since I started doing makeup.
It's very watery but it gives a medium to full coverage, depending on whether you're using a brush or a sponge to apply it. It comes in a wide range of colors, with over 10 different shades (if I remembered correctly). I think the packaging is great, but since I'm a competitive Irish dancer/makeup artist, I actually don't have the glass bottle version. Mine is a plastic bottle one which contains more than twice the amount of foundation in the glass bottle one.