August 27, 2014 | 1967 users online

Polishes - OPI - Need Sunglasses?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by triplet3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I find this nail polish thick but sheer. You need a good base coat before using this. Painting your nails white first also helps the color polish. I bought this so I could paint my nails yellow for bone cancer awareness. It's better than Sally Hansens and nyxs yellow polish!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by AMCW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this polish! I'm pretty pale with just a hint of a tan - and the shade works for me.

After one coat a friend commented that I looked like I'd had my hands in mustard but by coat three the colour was more buttercup yellow - and much more flattering.

...Three coats are a must. As other reviewers have said the consistency is watery which makes for a streaky application - frustrating but then, I find that when the application is dodgy I take greater care and probably end up giving myself a better manicure.

With a great base and top coat the staying power has been impressive (day three and not a hint of a chip) and I'm really happy.

I'm not sure that I'd repurchase (I don't know how many yellow polishes I'll need in my life!) but for now I'm in love and enjoying the feeling of spring. I definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by rainbowseason

Ok so I've been looking for a good yellow nail polish at first I got China glaze solar power. It was good but it has some reflex in it not glitter but you know what i mean the sheen. I wanted a completely matte one so I bought zoya's pippa which totally disappoint me so today I got this one and tried it on. It's sooooo sheer it's like liquidy watery but you can work with it with a good base coat. Invest in a good base coat because it'll be so much better for your nail's health anyway. I use Deborah Lippmann ridge filler. 2 coats of that base coat and then 3 coats of opi's need sunglasses gives you great result. Since it's sheer you can apply many coats and it'll still dry fast. If you don't have a good base coat then you'll hate this nail polish because 5 coats will still not give you what u expect.

Will i buy this again no. I want to try butter london's one and many other brands yellow. Do I hate it no. I like it. would i recommend it yes if you have good base coat. otherwise no no no no.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca04

A streaky nail polish needing at least 3 coats which is pretty bad for OPI. Not a bad colour however i dislike it on my skin tone. I think it would look much better on a person with pale skin than tanned skin, but thats just me .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OPI is my favorite nail polish brand and I thought this would be a great addition to my collection but I was wrong. I love the shade of yellow - its so bright & fun but I can't get the formula to work. I tried using a white nail polish underneath but it still applies unevenly and puddles into my cuticles making a huge mess. After a few coats it gets even more messy and I end up taking it off. I really wanted to like this nail polish but it just doesn't work for me. Going to give the other yellow in their permanent collection a try and see if its any better. Will not repurchase when/if I run out

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by mrsprawln

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

loving the colour, but this one didn't live up to my expectations. It is a very thin consistency and even with 3 coats is not fully opaque. I would use this one again on my toes, but I will pass on using it on my hands again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I bought this color in hopes that it would be more of a neon yellow color, but it is very watered down and you need at least 3 coats to get that perfect standout sunny yellow. Overall it's a fun and unique color for summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 7:25:00 AM More reviews by elllla

I love that OPI has a yellow nail polist BUT I don't like the shade! It's not fresh-looking. My skin isn't very tan yet, so maybe with darker skintones it'd look better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Great bright yellow color for summer (looks fabulous on tan skin), BUT its very streaky. I needed to apply 3 coats...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by l4pkwyflyer

Cool and bright nail polish. Yellow doens't exactly look good on my nails so I probably won't buy this color again. Took 2-3 coats before the color matched the bottle.