December 17, 2014 | 1749 users online

Bronzers - Cover Girl - Trublend Bronzer in Golden Sunrise

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mariamsultana

I have medium olive skin and I love this as a bronzer for contouring. It does have some shimmer, but like I said in my review with the TruBlend Shimmering Sands, it's only noticeable if you're hardcore staring at your skin in direct sunlight -- aka not a common occurance. You only need to use a little bit of course, because it's very pigmented. My take on the shimmer is that it gives my face some dimension -- I'm not a fan of the totally matte look. Kind of scares me, actually, because it's not natural.

Because you only need to use a bit of this, it will last forever. I've used it daily for 3 months and the container is still full. I keep the puff in it to keep the cap clean, otherwise the puff is impractical. I apply with a blush brush.

I'm sure by the time I finish this product, I will want to try something new but if all else fails, I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

Too shimmery and dark to even contour with on my NC20-NC25 skin.Don't invest in this , I cant see it on olive or even tan skin because the color is awkward.The color wears off very fast to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I agree that it does come on very heavy but not really orange on me. I am olive/tan skin with light brown hair and it does look dark on me too. I mix this with my body lotion and it looks great. There is alot of product so for the money it is a bargain. I do mix this in my Bare Essentuals fondation since I am between colors and their bronze is too dark for me. Wish this came in a better carrying case!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I love this bronzer! I've been using it for about 4 years now. It has a perfect color that blends well with my skin. I don't use it on my face though, I use it on my neck and chest to blend my foundation with my neckline. It has a luminescent glow to it, and even though it's very glittery, it doesn't look too shimmery if you use the right amount & blend it the right way. I kind of shake a little bit of the powder into the lid and mix it with my bronzer brush and it comes out better that way. A little goes a long way with this, and the packaging gives you A LOT of product for your money. This will definitely last you a loooong time. My most recent re-purchase of this product i've had now for almost 2 years, and it still hasn't ran out yet. It's pretty cheap too for the amount of product you get. I think I paid like $7 for it at walmart. Well worth the price. Good job covergirl! You definitely know how to please your customers. Good product. Good price. Good amount of product. Great value.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by MissHarleyQuinn

I've been using these bronzers for years, I've bought every single color, and this is my honest take on it. It will DEFINITELY show up orange-y and weird if you don't allow your foundation to completely oxidize/settle before application. It is a very fine, shimmery loose powder and it is EXTREMELY MESSY. It's actually one of the few reasons I hesitate when picking this bronzer up. However, the wonderful thing about this loose powder is its versatility. I use it as an all-over bronzer. I use it on my chest, neck, and arms for an all-over glow and it works beautifully. I've had no issues looking orange-y with this stuff whatsoever. You need to have a light hand during application. In fact, I keep the poof separate from the bronzer and only dip it lightly in the cap to get what i need, then dust the first parts only on my neck/chest...i use what's left to contour my cheeks and FINALLY blend it into the rest of my face with my blush poof. It's a very tricky powder to master, but it will make your skin look flawless if you use it correctly. Oh yeah, and don't use it on your chest/neck if you're coming directly from the shower! The powder will instantly glue itself to any part of you that is slightly damp/humidity-stricken and won't come off for anything. hehe.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Katers915

This bronzer leaves an extremely orange hue on skin, unless you ever so lightly apply to your skin. But even then, this product tends to make you look "oompa loompa"-like. Not recommended for those who have light skin, but for darker skin, may work better. Still us sparingly!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by zippy7flaca

I like this bronzer but im not in love with it because a few things i dont like about it. It is so so shimmery and noticable on your face when you put it on. So in other words it is not that natural looking to me. And i hate how it comes out of the top cuz you get so much of it and thats exactly what you do not want because if you get to much you look like a shimmery mess. So i use very very little of it just for a subtle glow or maybe contouring with it. But it does just sit in my collection because its not something that i reach for that often. I bought it because it was on sale but i feel that there is better bronzers out there than this. So i gave it a three because i do use it from time to time and do kind of like it. Its not the worst bronzer i have tried i just prefer some of my other bronzers over it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by AnitaBonita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know how anybody can actually wear this line of products out in direct sunlight for everyone to see you. They are EXTREMELY shimmery. I bought the blush, bronzer and loose powder when they first came out and I thought I was going to love them, but to my surprise I was overwhelmed by shimmer.
I think shimmer can look flattering on your face, but not to the extent when you are going to apply such a great amount of it as a blush, bronzer or loose powder.
Basically after I brought them home I kept them in my drawers and very rarely used them for anything...UNTIL RECENTLY
Now that it is summer I have been mixing a bit of the Golden Sunrise bronzer with lotion and applying it on my legs. It gives the most beautiful glow! I love it for this purpose, and unfortunately ONLY for this purpose.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by dashdoll20

where to start?... Well the price is pretty good you get a ton of product for $7 i don't know if i'll ever get to use all of it, there's SO much product! However the color is SUPER dark and has tons of glitter in it. I wish there weren't as many holes because it can get very messy with the product spilling out. You have to use a very very light hand when applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is great for WOC or anyone else for that matter as long as you use a LIGHT hand! I like to apply an extremely light dusting all over my face...I do not mind a shimmery face! This will certainly make you look orange if you use too much. The packaging is horrendous unless you tape some of the holes wayyyy too much product sifts out. I think it's really pretty when used correctly, it hasn't cause me to break out and it looks nice on the neck/chest area as well. CG did a good job with this one if you like it because this container will certainly last 5+ years!