July 30, 2014 | 1916 users online

Top/Base Coats - Rimmel - Faster - 60 Seconds Top Coat

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by antigone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes!!! I would buy this product again and again, if only I could still find it. It is not on the Rimmel website anymore so I guess it has been discontinued. This is a great loss for my nails.

I stumbled on this top coat when I was around 12-13, and I have repurchased until now (I am 22). This simply does everything I want and everything it says: it locks my polish in place for 1 week, it gives a nice shiny finish, it dries super fast, it evens out polish in case there are any imperfections or bubbles, does not chip at all for me.

My only complaint would be that it starts to become thick when I am halfway through the bottle. I know I could use a thinner, but sometimes I just get a new bottle instead. Oh and of course, I can't complain enough about the fact that it's gotten so damn hard to find and probably discontinued.

If you can find this, I recommend you buy it and stock up if what you're looking for is a cheap top coat that does not chip, dries fast and lasts a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this top coat and have been purchasing it for a long time. I like that it's inexpensive (even better when on sale), easily available, dries quickly, durable, leaves my nails looking glossy, and extends the longevity of my polish. I personally think it's a great bargain and good quality item.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by sevenbells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Dried pretty quickly- about a minute like it says, and lasted 4 days without chipping on one hand, and 5 on the other. Not bad for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by elwoods10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this top coat. I was having problems with my nail polish chipping after 1 or 2 days and so decided to start using a top coat. Got this on a whim on sale at Ulta. Apparently, it has Lycra in it! I think that helps with preventing chipping. Anyhow, the shine is beautiful and I will be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Honeyrider1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm suprised this doesn't have better reviews. I bought this on sale at Ulta last week and I'm pretty pleased. This is a pretty decent top coat. I wouldn't give it HG status, but it's good, especially for the price. Dries super fast and pretty durable. Very minimal peeling/chipping. I'll keep buying this unless I stumble across something better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst TC I've ever tried. I did my nails last night and decided to test this out. It dried quickly but made my smooth-as-glass polish all bumpy and gross! It's like stucco now! Steer clear of this abomination.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by viverr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this as a top coat and a base coat. It chipped both times the very next day. Don't waste your money. The Sally Hansen Age Correct top coat/base coat is much better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by stitcheskisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always use this when painting my nails.It's HG to me and I love the price!It keeps my polish looking good untill I tire of the color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by DaffodilFields

I was at the drugstore. Really wanted to buy seche-vite, but being a poor college student, I had no money. I went for this one for the sole reason that it was cheapest. It's actually quite nice! Not as shiny or quick as seche-vite, but for the money, I can't complain. I don't feel too guilty using it too since it's not expensive!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 1:46:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am sorry to be the vote of dissension here, but I hated this stuff. I applied as the directions said, and it peeled off my nails literally in 2 hrs. 2 hrs. Peeled off. At least it did dry in 60 seconds as it advertises. But it did not work for me. 2 thumbs down, for sure.