September 19, 2014 | 1999 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - Lip Gloss in Sandy Beach (LE Summer 2007)

rated 2.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2007 4:42:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

As soon as I spotted the NYC LE Summer 2007 collection there was no question that 2 of the lip glosses were going to be mine. An Icompactor raved about how beautiful these were and my, how she was right! I had been on the hunt since she described them and was overjoyed when I found them, along with $1 off coupons on the display, so I paid under 5 bucks for the two that I bought.

Sandy Beach is a golden champagne nude infused with golden shimmer that does not wash me out. It reminds me a lot of Revlon's S/L in Toast to Shine, only it is more golden, has more shimmer, and is more pigmented on my lips than Toast to Shine is.

NO SCENT OR FLAVOR! Very welcomed. The texture is smooth and slightly sticky. Sticky in the good way, as it grabs onto your lips and not everything else within sight. Covers my pigmented lips nicely while still letting some of their natural color shine through. The shimmer in this particular shade does give it a more frosty appearence but IMO not overwhelmingly so.

Update: Have decided that I don't like this, frost became too overwhelming for me and way too golden.

To view a swatch of this on my lips, click continue

continued >>