Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencils (All)

4.3

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Straight off the bat I can say that the color I got was perfect for what I wanted and the staying power of the product is excellent. On the other hand, it can be difficult to remove it. The product is quite drying on the lips, but at the same time is also very sticky. My lips also cracked and peeled quite a bit if I used this lip liner after removing a different product from my lips. Although there are a great many things I love about this product, I lean toward not repurchasing due to the difficulty in removing the product.

I like the matte finish but actually it's so dry and at the same time very sticky! Easily cracked on my lips, it feels like I have sands on my lips after some times I applied this lip liner.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm not big into lip liners, so I don't have much experience with them, but I am a big fan of this lip liner. I own this in 1C, which I think is nude beige, and it's nearly identical to my natural lip color, and looks great by itself or underneath other nude to mauve shades. It glides on really smoothly, doesn't smear, and is long-wearing. However, it's incredibly drying and I have to put some kind of gloss or balm on top if I want to wear it by itself because otherwise it eventually makes my lips look chapped.

I have this in the shade Neutral Beige, which does not gel with my fair skin. I am sure it would be brilliant on a medium-toned person. The texture of the lip liner is okay, and I am sure it can hang onto lip product, but I think that this lip liner is overly expensive. There are several other brands that are cheaper and better quality (with better ingredients).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this lipliner in the pale pink colour, which was called 22C. This lipliner was wonderful and easy to apply. The colour was rich and it lasted for a long time, even after the lipstick itself had worn off.

The only thing I wore on my lips on my wedding day was lip balm and the color MUFE liner in 2C. It was the perfect natural lip look I was going for, and I barely had to reapply throughout the whole day. I still wear this color all the time, it just gives my lips a little extra pop. I love how long the pencil lasts. I'm not a huge lip stick or gloss fan so a little of this pencil is just what I need. They are a little pricey but they last a lot longer than any of the MAC pencils that I have tried. Highly recommend!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I like to buy lipliners that are closest to my natural lip colour so I can fill my whole lips in and then use whichever lipstick of choice on top. I find using a natural lip colour means it goes with every lipstick and sometimes I'll even just use the lipliner itself because I love the natural matte look.

I'm asian, with a naturally darker lip. I find 3C (medium beige) is the perfect colour for me and haven't been able to find another colour that matches better. The only downside to this pencil is losing alot of product from sharpening and it is a tad drying. Still love it for the colour and would def repurchase.

I have 2 shades - 8C (Red) and 16C (Fuchsia). I use them to outline and fill in my lips before applying Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense lipstick in #42 (satin vermilion red) and #36 (satin fuchsia) respectively.

PROS:
* Very long lasting! Even without applying a lipstick on top it lasts for hours.
* Very pigmented.
* Good consistency. Creamy enough that applies easily and doesn't "drag" (even on my dry lips) but not so creamy that it just slides off your lips.

CONS:
* Fairly drying. But I have dry lips naturally so perhaps this wouldn't be the case for people with normal skin.
* Difficult to sharpen without wasting product.

Price: I paid AUD $20.25 (plus shipping) with a pro-MUA discount at Media Makeup Store.

I do plan to repurchase when I eventually run out of these shades, mainly due to their lasting power!

Good product but overpriced! (I've owned several aqua lip liner shades)

The cosmetics market is over saturated with cheap, high-quality makeup brands (NYX, Revlon, Wet & Wild, Jordana etc). Therefore, you can easily find dupes for these liners FOR A LOT LESS than MUFEs suggested retail price.

I love MUFE but this particular product is just NOT worth the splurge. Just my two-cents...

PROS:
-great color choices
-creamy consistency
-easy to apply/blend
-very pigmented

CONS:
-expensive
-drying (waterproof ingredients)
-NOT ideal for individuals that are prone to dry/chapped/cracked lips
-ONLY waterproof/long-lasting when applied alone or with a matte lipstick
-did I mention, EXPENSIVE?

Hope this helps! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Hm. I'm a little stumped with these. I have 5 different shades and I experience the same stickiness with all of them. I use lip liner to fill in my lips as a base for lipstick or just on it's own as a lipstick. On their own, these never seem to "set". They apply creamy but soon turn tacky and end up making my lips stick together and having the product gloop up. As a base for lipstick, it just becomes a chunky mess. I'm shocked I don't like these.

Popular Lip Liners