Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencils (All)

4.4

on 4/19/2015 12:40:00 PM

The only thing I wore on my lips on my wedding day was lip balm and the color MUFE liner in 2C. It was the perfect natural lip look I was going for, and I barely had to reapply throughout the whole day. I still wear this color all the time, it just gives my lips a little extra pop. I love how long the pencil lasts. I'm not a huge lip stick or gloss fan so a little of this pencil is just what I need. They are a little pricey but they last a lot longer than any of the MAC pencils that I have tried. Highly recommend!!

on 2/20/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I like to buy lipliners that are closest to my natural lip colour so I can fill my whole lips in and then use whichever lipstick of choice on top. I find using a natural lip colour means it goes with every lipstick and sometimes I'll even just use the lipliner itself because I love the natural matte look.

I'm asian, with a naturally darker lip. I find 3C (medium beige) is the perfect colour for me and haven't been able to find another colour that matches better. The only downside to this pencil is losing alot of product from sharpening and it is a tad drying. Still love it for the colour and would def repurchase.

I have 2 shades - 8C (Red) and 16C (Fuchsia). I use them to outline and fill in my lips before applying Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense lipstick in #42 (satin vermilion red) and #36 (satin fuchsia) respectively.

PROS:
* Very long lasting! Even without applying a lipstick on top it lasts for hours.
* Very pigmented.
* Good consistency. Creamy enough that applies easily and doesn't "drag" (even on my dry lips) but not so creamy that it just slides off your lips.

CONS:
* Fairly drying. But I have dry lips naturally so perhaps this wouldn't be the case for people with normal skin.
* Difficult to sharpen without wasting product.

Price: I paid AUD $20.25 (plus shipping) with a pro-MUA discount at Media Makeup Store.

I do plan to repurchase when I eventually run out of these shades, mainly due to their lasting power!

on 11/12/2014 10:27:00 AM

Good product but overpriced! (I've owned several aqua lip liner shades)

The cosmetics market is over saturated with cheap, high-quality makeup brands (NYX, Revlon, Wet & Wild, Jordana etc). Therefore, you can easily find dupes for these liners FOR A LOT LESS than MUFEs suggested retail price.

I love MUFE but this particular product is just NOT worth the splurge. Just my two-cents...

PROS:
-great color choices
-creamy consistency
-easy to apply/blend
-very pigmented

CONS:
-expensive
-drying (waterproof ingredients)
-NOT ideal for individuals that are prone to dry/chapped/cracked lips
-ONLY waterproof/long-lasting when applied alone or with a matte lipstick
-did I mention, EXPENSIVE?

Hope this helps! :)

on 10/16/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Hm. I'm a little stumped with these. I have 5 different shades and I experience the same stickiness with all of them. I use lip liner to fill in my lips as a base for lipstick or just on it's own as a lipstick. On their own, these never seem to "set". They apply creamy but soon turn tacky and end up making my lips stick together and having the product gloop up. As a base for lipstick, it just becomes a chunky mess. I'm shocked I don't like these.

on 10/16/2014 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

God I hate that I love this so much.

It is so super expensive for a lipliner, and there are so many amazing drugstore options, rimmel, Nyx, wet n'wild to name a few. But they just aren't as creamy as this lipliner if it wasn't for the cost I would give 5 lippies but it's just too much money.

I purchased this in shade 21 C, which is a bubblegum/Barbie pink. My favorite color liner is NYX in 839 Dolly Pink, the thing is that it does not last very long. It was painful for me to spend $19.00 on a lip liner, considering how fast I go through them~plus sharpening eats away at it, too. The shade 21 C is a pretty close match to the Dolly Pink from NYX, but 21 C is a little bit lighter and brighter pink shade.
I was pleased that this did last a nice amount of time, it was a little drying, but that's ok. Anything that is moisturizing isn't going to stay put very long.
The only gripe is that once this wears off, it does stain your lips that annoying red color that looks as if you ate a popsicle. Not very attractive. Still the solution is to reapply.

on 7/18/2014 10:24:00 PM

I tried this product because they stopped making the color I liked in the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil. Unfortunately it wasn't nearly as good as my old pencil. I often wear these long wear lip liners by themselves when I'm going out for dinner and don't want to reapply my lipstick. I actually ended up returning this for several reasons; one it didn't last and came off onto my cup within the first sip, two it was too matte and didn't look at all natural, and finally it made my lips look and feel dry even when I tried to apply lip balm first.

on 4/21/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. I have these lipliners in 2C & 3C and honestly these lipliners are super expensive but they're so worth it. I have NC37 skin tone, and these colours look natural. They're a my-lips-but-better shades perfect for everyday use. 3C is more of a brownish nude kind of colour & 2C is more of a dusty rose nude kind of colour. Both suit me very well. These don't budge when you drink water, eat or anything (unless you eat oil). These are a little drying but totally worth it because they look very similar to my lip colour so you can't really tell. Totally worth it, love love love!

on 3/22/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this in 8C (red) and 16C (bright fucshia). It makes your lipstick last endlessly. I can eat with this on and it stays, unless it's something oily. It's drying, but if you need your lipstick to stay put, use this.

I always use Urban Decay lipliner in Ozone to outline the lips before any lip look --- it prevents feathering. I draw an outline with the MUFE lipliner and then fill in the entire lip, give it a second, and then apply my lipstick on top. I blot, touch up any faint areas, and then l lightly run pressed powder around the edges of the lips.

Popular Lip Liners