April 16, 2014 | 1463 users online

Bronzers - Shu Uemura - Bronzing Powder in 01 - Glorious Sunrise

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2007 7:26:00 PM More reviews by amarques

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an LLL, warm to neutral, Shiseido Asia OC-00/OC-10, Bobbi Brown Sand-Ivory and Shu Uemura 574.

I bought this bronzer in a whim, and now I quite regret it. At least I can re-use the lovely compact for my Shu eye shadow pans.

On me, it turned a bit orangey and also a bit too shiny/sparkly for my tastes. Unfortunately, since I had really great hopes for it, and I am a big fan of all of Shu Uemura's line: glow-ons, shadows, lippies, cleansing oil and so on. Thus, I really was sure this bronzer would not fail me. Alas, I rarely reach for it!

Texture is sheer, but I also find it makes a big mess when I brush it over. Glittery powder everywhere, albeit very finely milled, as one might expect!

The orangey shade must be because I am warm to neutral, since the previous reviewer quite liked it - being cool-toned herself. I also found myself glittering, which I don't quite like.

I must try and use it some other times with different foundations and powders and see if it behaves a bit better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 6:03:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***
I never was really interested in bronzers. I had maybe a couple from Physicians Formula and Clinique but didn't find any color suitable for my skintone. Bronzers usually turn orange on me or are too shimmery for my taste.

When I saw that Shu was going to release a really light-toned bronzer and only buying Japanese makeup (Jap. brands offer a poor variety in bronzers) I had to get this after lemming it for like 3 weeks or so!
When I received the Bronzing Powder in "Glorious Sunrise" I was really excited to test it out. When I opened the compact I was really pleasently surprised by how light the powder is and that it doesn't contain a lot of shimmer.

When I tried it on I noticed that my face got a soft warm glow, but not a deep tan or something. I love the result!

Bronzing Powder comes in an orangey-bronze square Shu compact. You could depot the bronzer and put 4 eyeshadows or 2 blushes inside since it's the standart Shu compact size.

I didn't notice any fragrance and don't have any problems with irritations etc. on my sensitive skin.

On Shu's USA-website I could only find the other bronzer in "Warm Sun", which is darker. i don't know if the other color wasn't released in the US or if it's sold out! Anyway, Warm Sun retails for US$38. I bought mine from an Ebay seller in Hong Kong and ended up paying less than US$30 for mine.

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes and hair.

continued >>