Skindinavia T-Zone Makeup Primer

4.4

on 6/2/2014 3:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I used Scandinavia products by the past and was always on the fence. But this one is really remarkable. It does prep the skin without any greasy or dry feeling. It's like nothing on your skin, but it really helps makeup lasts. And my skin looks better also. Now the real test will be when it is really hot and humid. Can't say anything about that for the moment but I sure will when time comes.

on 8/24/2009 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG primer so far - it really blocks oil and helps my foundation go on very smooth :)
I think it's a lot like Smashbox photofinish primer or MAC Matte, all those primers with silicones in it. The silicone does not bother me, I think it creates the best base for foundation :)
This one is just different from the others, because it blocks the oil like no-mans business! :D

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I tried this after some generally positive reviews here and while I wasn't disappointed, I wasn't overly wowed either. The product did what it claimed to do, it helped prevent shine and I didn't have to blot for 6 hours after application. However, it is not the best I have tried.

My HG at the moment is Sofina Raycious Moist Control Base, which sadly, is discontinued. I will continue to search for my new HG.

on 6/14/2009 1:11:00 PM

I tried this. Didn't make a difference.

on 3/4/2009 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I hate primers. I find them to be almost universally greasy, ineffective and general bottled badness. This one, though, couldn't be any more different. I apply 2 small pumps to my skin, wait a couple of minutes, and that's it. My makeup applies like silk, stays on forever and looks so polished. Absolutely love it!

on 2/9/2009 10:40:00 AM

I think this product didn't work really well on my skin.
The texture is nice, it's easy to spread and sinks in pretty fast.
I would say the texture is better than Peter Thomas Roth Mattifying gel, which I find too thick.

But this product doesn't really control my oily t-zone that well. I still get shiny after 3/4 hours. I would say the PTR mattifying gel does a better job with this. And even though the texture is great, this product actually accentuates the flakes I have here and there on my nose and cheekes. If you don't use foundation you probably wouldn't notice, but I used this primer under my foundation and my dry patches and flakes were really visible. I wouldn't buy this product again.

on 1/14/2009 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well I have to say...this stuff is awesome. I'm a die hard "Prime Time" user. That was one of the few makeup items that I never altered. But I decided to try this anyway. At a minimum, it's just as good as the prime time...I think I'm prepared to say it's better. They feel almost identical but I have to blot less with this. That takes it over the edge. They're roughly the same price so I think I've just made a switch.

I just purchased this at Ulta, it came in a kit along with the cleanser, moisture spray and make up finishing spray. It was on clearance for $19.99, regularly $69.00. I thought it was a good deal, and knew I could return it if I didn't like it. I've already tried the moisture and finishing sprays and was pleased with those. I really wanted this kit for the primer. My skin has been super oily recently, and I've had it with my skin feeling greasy and having to constantly blot.
I tried it for the first time today and I'm very happy with the results. It really works and keeping oil away! I've tried other primers mostly with lots of 'cones in them and my face is not only oily, but the 'cones make me break out. So that's a no win situation.
I've very happy with this! Go get some if you have oily skin! It really does work!

on 8/23/2008 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is my first experience with face primers. I avoided getting into primers because adding another step to the "routine" sounded silly. I have actually added this in permanently. I put it all over because I am oily everywhere. I very much notice that my foundation appears smoother and stays matt longer than when I do not use this primer. Also, this doesn't make me break out. I think it may actually seal my face in a way because I break out more often if I do not use it. I took off one lippie because I don't think $20 for .5 fl. oz. is reasonable. I feel that I should get at least a whole fluid ounce for that much money.

on 3/12/2008 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Keeps my oil slick at bay, definitly holds true to other reviews. A must have for oily skin.

Popular Primer/ Correctors