October 20, 2014 | 1135 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - Makeup Finishing Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this make-up finishing spray but in my neck of the woods (NZ) it's very expensive which is why I won't be repurchasing and also due to discovering something else that works just as well for a mere fraction of the price of this one.

Yes this is a beautiful finishing/setting spray. On my Normal/Combination skin prone to an oliy nose after a few hours of wearing whatever make-up, this certainly helps to extend my make-up wear until it needs it's first blot. I mainly use it to finish off my look when Iv'e done my pressed or loose powder to take away any look of powder - this product is great for this task.

I prefer this over Mac Fix + as I find that formula really wet compared to this, this is a finer mist.

If you are looking for an alternative to this I have been using and loving the Lioele Make-Up finishing aerosol sprays, there are three to choose from, they mist over very finely and they are so affordable compared to the Skindinavia, which I would buy again if we did not have to pay so much for it here.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Ekibay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the Dance! setting spray because I live in a hot humid climate so I not only want my makeup resistant to oil but also sweat. This product actually does both! I'm not saying it's a miracle product and you will never have to blot again, but it will reduce the frequency of blotting and best of all your makeup won't SEPARATE as a result of the oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by MakeupRealist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product keeps your makeup on but oil, forget about it..this product did not work to prevent my foundation from looking oily, I had to constantly blot my face. I wanted to like this spray too but not for oily gals like me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is Amaaaazing!! Truly a HG product!!! This does not prevent shine from coming through on my VERY OILY skin however it prevent any foundation i wear from breaking up. Because of this setting spray i can finally use my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation which used to go blotchly and patchy on my skin after around 4-6Hours now paired with this setting spray it last me THE WHOLE DAY. When i first purchased this product it didnt really do anything for me.. Until i tried another way of applying it! If you have this product or are thinking of purchasing it follow this method and this will make you makeup last all day! So they recommend spraying this after makeup however i use this both before and after and this acts almost as a primer! This is my routine 1. Moisturise 2. Spray Skindinavia setting spray all over my face 3-5 Sprays leaving to dry 3. Apply my foundation 4. Set my foundation with powder. 5. Spray my face again 2-3 Times and then set once more with powder. I promise you this method will make your makeup last ALL DAY LONG!!! HG Product for me!! THANK YOU SKINDINAVIA!!!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This spray truly does prolong your makeup.

I have the Skindinavia 10 Years Younger Makeup Finishing Spray, and while it does not make you look any younger, it does make your makeup look more natural and last longer. My skin is naturally very oily in the t-zone, and although I could tell my skin was getting oily underneath the makeup and the setting spray, it still LOOKED like it wasn't too oily. In warm weather I still have to blot and touch up after several hours, but not nearly as often as I do without the spray.

As for settling down powder or removing the powdery look, I actually prefer MAC Fix+. But, Fix+ does nothing for me when it comes to making my makeup last.

I think folks who have skin less oily than mine will have wonderful results with this Skindinavia spray. Despite my very oily skin (with some dry patches), I had very good results, and would buy this product again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by briannallen

LOVE LOVE this stuff. I cannot go a day without it. There are sometimes where I will be rushing out the door to get to school or work and I forget to use it and when I realized I forgot to use it I just thing "dangit!"
But seriously, this stuff makes a huge difference in my makeup. If by accident I have applied to much powder it takes away the powdery look, it keeps my makeup in place, and overall just sets it really well! It adds hours to my makeup wear.
Love this stuff and highly recommend that you at least try it. It is totally worth the money to try this stuff out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by vanessa822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I recently ordered this product online and so far I'm satisfied with my purchase. I live in FL where its VERY humid, I also have very oily skin. Those two combinations are a disaster. I was looking for something to help my makeup last in this heat. As far as oil control I don't think this product was worth 5 lippies. I use a beauty blender for my foundation (liquid) and think that the moisture from the sponge may add to the shininess of my skin, but with my other foundation(matte mousse) it wasn't as shiny. But I did notice that the spray held my makeup on longer, when I blot my face it still looks like i have makeup on:) It does last longer throughout the day. I'm also an acne sufferer but this product was fine with my skin - didn't cause any breakouts. I may give Urban Decay a try, but for now I'm going to use the rest of this spray.

**UPDATE**
I used this with my matte foundation instead of liquid (liquid foundation and oily skin don't mix) and now I see how the spray really works!! I only have to blot once, and touch up once within a four hour period, I'm definitely happy with this stuff and will be buying it again!:)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't notice a positive difference with this product at all. I've tried spraying it 1 time, 2, 4 times, close to my face, far away, spray and walk through it. Didn't notice any positive difference.
I did notice a weird, negative difference though. When I spray it on my face, my face kind of looks darker. It's so odd. It's like this product causes my foundation to oxidize immediately. my face immediately turns darker and has a bit of an orange tint. It also makes my pores look slightly bigger, and my foundation slightly cakier instantly. but doesn't make my foundation last longer. My foundation just looks generally worse after spraying this product.
I don't really understand this product. And yes, I do shake it for a while before spraying. Really glad it works for other people, but it doesn't for me.
Good luck x

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by kferreira78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It helps my makeup last ALL DAY LONG! I wear this year-round and with all types of foundations...from tinted moisturizers to mineral foundations. I was able to wear a full face of makeup in 90+ degree weather and I believe this product kept everything in place. It has a pleasant fragrance that isn't overwhelming and doesn't seem to irritate my acne-prone skin. I purchased this product on the Dermstore.com website at $19 for the 2oz. bottle. I know it is pricey, but it is one of the FEW beauty products I am always willing to spend $$$ on. Buy it, try it and you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It works for me. I simply apply it to the finished face, and that's it. I read some people experience the feeling as if their face is covered with a film which doesn't allow the skin to breath, don't think I noticed it, maybe a little bit.