November 27, 2014 | 1621 users online

Skincare - Face - Boots - Aqueous Cream

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by 1m083n

This is one of the only acqueoua creams available to write on. I have used boots acqueoua cream but found it highly scented and assumed the quantity of sls they put in their version quite high which is why it smells as it does (very medical). While in only used it as a wash, I actually found it irritated my skin and found a much better alternative from superdrug that does the exact thing as boots acqueoua cream, however does not smell and I have found can even moisturise my skin without any irritation or acne, it actually cleared up my chest! So while I dislike boots acqueoua cream I would recommend superdrugs own version over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by richardiii

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff as a moisturiser and to take off all my makeup (along with a Clarisonic). I don't have any eczema - I just like using it (and I've used everything from Sisley, Creme de la Mer ... you name it). It's only 4.00 and a tub lasts about a month and I use it twice daily. Since I stopped using expensive moisturisers and soap on my face, my skin is in such good condition (not that it was ever bad, but it was much drier). I'm 47. I can't really comment on the packaging quality so I've given it a 5 as it's just a huge tub and purely functional - if I take it on holiday, I transfer it to a smaller pot.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by yhooman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DON't USE and here is why http://www.webmd.boots.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/eczema/news/20101018/commonly-used-moisturiser-can-aggravate-eczema

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by HopeEve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this! I have excema all up my arms and legs since childhood. When i had it, I was pescribed this stuff, just from a different brand. I never noticed anything (because i was a child and it didn't really bother me). I stopped using it because. Was lazy and hated the hassle of putting it on every night. But now that i am a teenager, its started to bother me again. I found this in boots and it reminded me so much of that other stuff, so i picked it up, plus it was DIRT cheap for a HUGE amount. I started using it, and i noticed results after a few days. The redness of the bumps were gone, and the bumps were going down, aswell as the blotchyness!

Some people don't like it, but i think the texture is really cool and , for me, it soaks in pretty fast, so i don't have to let it dry before i put on clothes. The packaging is ok, but it doesn't mean anything to me. The product is the important thing.

The smell isn't nice, but it isn't intolerable.

Overall, i LOVE it and would reccommend it to anyone with excema because if it doean't work, which it should, then it would't exactly leave them broke.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by rengreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the bomb for eczema. Nothing else, except the Eucerin Plus in the tub with the teal lid works as well. This has an odd texture, pretty solid in the jar, but melts on contact with skin. It just hangs around on the skin, so I use it at night on all my dry spots, and as a lip balm before applying lipstick. I go to bed kind of sticky, but wake up with perfectly normal skin, no flakes or dryness or irritation. That is worth the small price. I have and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by chelleywhite

This is the best (and possibly the cheapest) multi-use product I've ever found.
I don't use it as a moisturiser, I use it as a face and body cleanser and it's brilliant!
In the morning, I use a foundation brush to slather it on my face then gently wipe it off with a hand-hot damp flannel. In the evening I do the same, but wipe of makeup with cotton wool, then repeat my morning flannel routine. Every scrap of makeup is gone - so easy.
I put it on all over before getting into the bath and gently scrub/shower it off, to leave my body (and the bath water) as soft as silk. It even foams slightly if you use the shower head.
I've even toyed with the idea of using it on my hair - has anyone ever tried this?! My scalp isquite dry in parts (psoriasis) and I wondered if this would sort it out! If I do try that, I'll update.
It doesn't have a great smell, but I can live with that - at least it doesn't interfere with my perfume.
After years and years of wasting money on ridiculously expensive cleansing products, I have my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by jessiflower_x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

From head to toes, this funky smelling cream weaves its slippery magic in the shower and leaves my scaley skin feeling cashmere soft and looking as even toned as a baby's. My face is clear and plump, sporadic eczema has disappeared and my legs are ready to bare for the summer sun already. I don't know why I strayed :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by chloeluvzroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first discovered aqueous cream when my younger sister had very bad eczema. The doctor would prescribe huge tubs of the stuff for her, she would have to use it like a soap in the bath to wash with, and then once dry use it as a moisturiser all over her body. Well now i use it for a whole multitude of things, for dry spots, removing make-up, as a mask! its just amazing. my fave way to use it is to put some on a cotton wool pad and then rub all over my face in circular motions. I admit the texture feels a bit nasty and the smell isnt great but when it works so well and is so cheap i dont care. I recently started using philosophy skincare products, which i do like and will stick with but i still get my aqueous fix at least twice a week.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is great for sensitive skin instead of soap- very soothing and moisturising on sore, inflamed skin.
The only downside is the smell- eww! It stays with you long after you rinse it off!
I found an aqueos bar in Lloyds chemist which smelt a little less, but did was impossible to use as the cream doesn't foam as it is, so you can imagine what the solid form is like! Useless!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by MrsPope

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product and have started using it as a make up remover at night. I basically cover my face in it and gently, rub it into the skin using circular motions but not so it is absorbed. I then use a face cloth soaked with warm water to remove the cream and my face felt so fresh and clean afterwards - Try it!