August 1, 2014 | 1706 users online

Nails - Beauty Secrets - Nail Polish Thinner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Nail polish evaporates sometimes. Especially glitters. It's very unexpected, you pull out a bottle you haven't used in a long time and somehow, it's turned itself into a thick useless goopy mess. This stuff fixes it.
You might be tempted to pour some nail polish remover into the bottle (don't do that!) or to just throw it away, but what you really need is nail polish THINNER. No need to give up on that polish, it can be saved!
And it's cheap, too. Sally's Beauty Supply sells these 4oz bottles for about $5 or so. 4 ounces of anything when it comes to nail polish is a LOT, right?
It's also kind of fun to use, like little project. Dropping the liquid into the nail polish and then shaking, shaking, shaking it until (amazingly) you can hear the little mixer ball rattling around inside because you finally set it free. And then you drop some more in, and eventually you have a useable bottle of nail polish again!
In short, it restores your old, dried-out nail polish without freaking ruining it like nail polish remover would. So, again just to reiterate, DON'T USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER!
Miracle product that you need to own if you are at all into nail polish.
My only complaint is this- the packaging is sucky for what you need to use it for. It's just a flip-top squeeze bottle, I guess they want you to aim really carefully. I find I need a dropper to transfer the liquid from one bottle to another, and they don't give you one. My first thinner was a brand called Nail Tek Extend (very small bottle only .5oz and it was like $10- but they gave you a dropper! So helpful.) I do recommend that you get a hold of a squeezy-eye-dropper thing, it will make using this product so much easier.
Overall, love this product and will buy it again. It has resurrected several very loved and sometimes HTF polishes for me. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by fxukiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing. It fixes all of my glitter polishes when they're too thick and it's perfect for Seche Vite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

Awwww yeah! I love it when cheap stuff works well! This stuff thins out gloopy Seche Vite like nobody's business! Great for thick polishes too, of course, but I use it mostly with Seche!

Not crazy about the dropper cap (Orly makes a good one on the top of their thinner bottle that I like better) but I can't complain at this price point.

One thing I wanted to add...I bought Seche Restore on e-bay. Don't ask me how but that stuff is so strong it etched the glass bottle it came in and shattered in my manicure basket. NEVER AGAIN. This is what I use. It works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG nail polish thinner. I have maintained proper consistency to all my polishes and topcoat (with exception of SV...which I use SV thinner). I have bottle that date from the early 90's and still apply like butter thanks to this thinner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Mama Mia! Sally's Beauty Supply. $2.99 for 4oz bottle. Put about 8 drops in my OPI "Crim-Sun" [from the best collection OPI ever released Summer for Shore) which was dry as a bone, and after a few shakes. Voila! It is as good as it was in "08"
I went on to other bottles of polish that were thick and needed to be thinned out. I feel like calling all my friends and neighbors and shouting "Bring me your polish and I will transform it for you." To think I was trying to thin out with Acetone. Beauty Secret no more!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by clpds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just got this yesterday after reading rave reviews on the Internet on how to resurrect dried, gloopy nails polishes.

Woooooooooow! This little bottle is a lifesaver of nail polishes. Anybody who owns nail polish should have this little miracle worker. I have several old nail polishes that have been discontinued over the years (Sally Hansen Nail Prisms) and even though I purged several last year, I kept a few for sentimental reasons.

The nail polish thinner brought those dried up gloopy nail polishes to life! It's like I bought them yesterday.

All you need is a few drops, shake it up and add a few more if it's not thin enough. You get a pretty decent amount for the price you pay so one bottle will last you a loooooooong time.

Bonus: It's on sale this week at Sally Beauty!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Rawlins1

This thinner has saved so many of my polishes! I love it and will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty obsessed with this product. Even when my polish isn't necessarily thick, I use this like mad. It's getting to the point where I make my polishes too sheer for one coat use. You obviously shouldn't pour the product in as much as I like to do. I love this stuff. it makes ALL of my polishes slick and good as new, even crackle polishes. You really can't beat the price, either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

Does what it says. Has saved quite a few of my old gooey polishes from the trash bin. The amount you use depends on the polish, as some will need more thinner and some less. Lasts a long time.

Be careful when using as it will clearly ruin any manicure you currently have if you drop this on it. I have used it as a nail polish remover in a pinch....not highly recommending it for that purpose, but like I said it was in a pinch. lol :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, this is truly amazing. I had some vintage Chanel polishes that I hadn't thrown out because the colors were just too magnificent (80's) yet couldn't use because of gloopiness. Problem solved with this thinner.

What nice little lift!

You get a lot in a package (i.e., more than you'll ever use unless you're a professional manicurist), so you might want to share with a friend or two.