September 30, 2014 | 1270 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Stylo Yeux Waterproof Espresso

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by kimdburns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner is really nice. I've worn this every day for the last seven days and I'm very impressed. I tight line and use it on my upper lash line. It lasts all day, 10+ hours.

My face wash does a good job of removing most of the liner. Afterwards I swipe over each eye lightly with Lancome Bi facil and the rest easily comes off.

I'm going back to pick more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by EnglishRoseAmongThorns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a HG for me, it's a nice rich brown shade which is not too dark for my pale complexion. It is a neutral brown which is also great for me as a lot of brown eyeliners can be too warm or have too much red in them which makes me look like I've been crying. I see some reviews say it doesn't glide easily but I find this shade to be lovely and creamy and apply smoothly. I also have the black one and it's not as easy to apply. It can be smudged nicely immediately after application and then once it has set it does not budge till I remove it with a bi-phase eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by dqzhuzi

This is my very first try with Chanel product and it's a bit hit! This is my true love with dark brown black eyeliner!!!! My eyelids are a bit oil but this one never runs out from my eyelids even in summer. I have already repurchased one. It's just...somehow expensive but it's Chanel. Easy to apply and stay there for the whole day, this is my perfect one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The color is a cool/neutral dark brown. Its not creamy this one, and that was a problem...it tugs at dry lids so be sure to use a primer/moisturizer. Also the color comes out richer when the lids are not so dry.

This eyeliner really STAYS, even on my semi hooded eyes. I dont have a line from my lashline to my upper part of my lid. I do not have to touch up with it smudging. All of that is wonderful, but the only problem is the richness of the color fades throughout the day. The dark cool brown becomes brown/grey and then transparent like.

Overall, I will be buying again mostly on its non smudging ability but not looking forward to the PRICE.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by kristynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really do not know how to use this product. It seems like no matter how much I try to put on it doesn't look like I am wearing anything. I am scared to use the sharpener because I don't want it to eat the product. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Bumboo

Love Love Love!!! I purchased the #50 in Jade for a beach vacation. I have very oily skin, that I blot throughout the day and the waxy finish to this liner is amazing. I was originally looking for a liquid waterproof liner and heard about the Make-Up Forever version but I still think the Chanel is the winner. Its a bit expensive but does the trick. With oily fair skin you want somthing that stays put and lasts all day. I would definitly buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Darn it, I was hoping this wouldn't be so great! It's so expensive, but really the best stick waterproof eyeliner I've tried. I bought it at Duty Free and will probably try to continue to reduce the cost a bit. The twist-up sturdy tube is practical, the shade is flexible and it doesn't budge. It's a lighter dark brown with a light hand, dark brown if you press harder. No reddish tones to make me look sick. I have hazel eyes, light skin and very dark hair- it looks perfect with a heavier hand. I can nap, swim, leave it on overnight and it won't budge, but it removes easily. I use tubing mascara, so a bit of soap takes this off, no remover necessary. Most tried-and-true eyeliners smudge on me (ie: MAC, Bobbi Brown Gel), this truly works! Of note, the black version doesn't last as long and smudges a bit.UPDATE: Words can't express how much I love this eyeliner. I've had a chance to use it in more testing situations and it passed with flying colors. NO smudging ever, no running, actually stays on waterline (no other eyeliner will dependably do this, gel, liquid or stick) and is so easy to remove. This comes right off with warm water and Spectrojel, not even a smear left behind. I will definitely continue buying this despite the cost! I also tried Cassis, which has excellent lasting power too. I tossed the black one, since it smudged quite a bit. Looking forward to trying Celadon or Jade when I hit Duty Free next. UPDATE: I feel so disloyal, but finally found a cheaper alternative that performs a bit better. Vasanti's Kajal Extreme liner is under $20 CDN and stays on my waterline better. I still love this and will use it, but the price hurts!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a cool chocolate brown which is dark enough to be intense for light skinned/light haired people, and is what i wear where others would wear black liner (too harsh for me). The color is right, the staying power is absolutely perfect. This product does not move until you take it off, and if you have "scandianvian hood" like me, it doesn't rub off on top of the fold either. If I accidentally fall asleep without washing my face, this stuff doesn't even come off on my pillow, that is how good the staying power is.

The only thing stopping me from giving this product 5 lippies is that it is dry as all get out and has no glide, i have to warm it up with my hand or put it on the radiator before i use it, and even then it drags. So I remove a lippie for the extra effort. But I still keep using it for the staying power and the fact that it does not transfer.

If you are concerned about the color, Catrice does a very good softer dupe at a much much lower price point called Hot Chocolate 02 with the same mechanical packaging. The color match is dead on but the Catrice is waxier and does transfer without a primer (but is fine with).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a huge fan of this. Its pigmented but not pigmented enough for me. Its a dark brown color more on the cool side and i like that. Stays on well im not gonna complain about it. If I use it on my water line my eyes get very irritated. its super expensive. It doesnt glide on as smoothly as i would like to do. Comes with a sharpener on the other end that doesnt work i always end up just wasting more product than sharpen the pencil. I m not gonna repurchase for sure .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the consistency of this eyeliner, i have recently been on a quest for pencil eyeliners that would not smudge or budget on my lower lashline/waterline, and i have tried Urban Decay, Chanel kohl, MAC kohls/powerpoint, Heavy Rotation, Clio, and a bunch of others that i can't recall offhand - so far i like this and Clio best.. it is creamy and does not hurt my eyelids on application - i took a lippie off as i wanted a dark dark brown but this is medium-ish brown on me, unless i layer it on.
however i like the soft look it gives me compared to black liners (yet to try ebene, which i also bought) and i use it when i am not applying much makeup on my skin. so far, my HG until i find something better. it does not smudge or budge on my super oil lower lids - the staying power is not that great, maybe 4-5hrs max but it is normal for me. no awful smudge-marks is very imp for me, so i wld repurchase but i want it in another color :)