September 17, 2014 | 1039 users online

Blush - NYX - Rouge Cream Blush - Red Cheek

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Been wanting to try red blush for a while and I prefer cream and other non-powder. Got this in a MUA swap! This one works pretty well. I apply lightly with a medium stippling brush (use with finesse) then buff outwards with a kabuki. I don't like any other method for this blush because it is very pigmented.
I won't repurchase because I'll never run out... Also wish it was a brighter red, like a fire engine red. It comes off as rich, not vivid, with some pink in it that subdues it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Highly pigmented blue toned red/dark pink cream blush. I bought it online as this colour isn't sold in my area. I was actually looking for an orange toned red, and when I unpacked this, I was slightly disappointed because it looked like a very dark pink. But on my cheeks it looks absolutely amazing! A natural looking flush, like I just had some good... ehm... exercise..? ;)
It also blends in well, and stays on all day. Will continue my search for a true red though... Maybe the powder blush in Red by NYX..?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

If you like vintage, 1950's makeup looks, then this blush is for you.

This did not give me a naturally flushed look (I have pale, light olive skin for reference) it gave me a 1950's pin-up look, which is exactly what I was looking for. I have this blush in Hot Pink as well, which blends more easily and gives me that natural, healthy glow look.

This blush can be tough to blend, but the color is SO worth it if you are looking for doll or vintage looks. Plus, it's the longest lasting blush I've ever used. Just remember if you get it to barely dip your fingertips/stipple brush into the blush, and BLEND. I took off one lip for blendability, but I really like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like the color idea of this blush but it is just WAY too pigmented. All you need is maybe two bristles of a brush dipped into the pot and you've got bright fushia cheeks. Seriously, I've not found a single method of application that doesn't leave a clownish look on my face. Also, I was hoping it would be a true red when applied. It's more like fuschia. Too bad because, like I said, I really like the idea of a true red blush.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ehh... This is OK.. It is TOO red for a cream blush for me to use. I just can't find the right amount to use it on the face, but I will also use this as a lip color. The red isn't really natural for my skin tone. Even the slightest amount, I feel like I look like a doll with red cheeks... Just no..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Luspiller

I've been watching the show Once Upon a Time and I absolutely love the character's makeup, so I put in my head that I needed to get a blush that would provide a natural red flush to my cheeks and turns out this blush was the winner. It's cheap and NYX's blushes always get good reviews so I had to try it. When I was reading other reviews about it, I didn't get what people meant about it being too pigmented (bc great pigmentation is one of the things you look for when you're spending your money on makeup, right?) I just thought to myself "well, you just gotta use a light hand, duh". BUT with this blush you have to use the LIGHTEST of hands, otherwise you just gotta wait for those other 15 clowns to get into the tiny car. The reason why it doesn't get 5 stars from me is because the pigmentation in this thing makes it hard to work with it. It's def not the blush I choose if I only have 5 minutes to get ready in the morning because I have to blend it, buff it and it still may look too clowny. On the other hand it looks gorgeous on my NC20-25 skin, so natural and was everything I was looking for - the natural red flush to my cheeks - and it lasts a long time on my skin. I don't have any complaints about the packaging bc it hasn't travelled with me yet, but doesn't seem to be the sturdiest. If I'd run out of it (will never happen, though - maybe expire) I would def buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I'm not a huge blush fan, but this is one of the best I've tried. I only touch the very tip of my finger to it for each cheek, blend it into my foundation with another finger, and then blend out my highlighter, blush, and contour with a sponge, and the look is very surprising. It's dramatic without being overpowering or clowny. My only issue is that I feel like it's technically more of a "gel" - it has a slightly gelatinous texture to it, and blending it into powder foundations is kind of a pain. For reference, I'm 24, have dark red hair, extremely pale skin, and violet/grey eyes. The Red Cheeks is my go-to Fall/Winter blush, and Hot Pink is what I use for Spring/Summer, at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent, flattering cream blush! For reference I'm 30y/o with fair/warm (NC15 in MAC) oily/acne-prone(more clog prone) skin, with med/dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.
Believe it or not I'd never even seen or heard of NYX until reading about their products on the MakeUp Board! I have no Ulta that is within driving distance of my home, nor do any of the other stores in my area carry this line. I noticed all of the positive comments and reviews for the Jumbo Eye Pencils and Blushes so I started purchasing them from Amazon.com and have overall been very pleased with all of my NYX purchases. The cream blushes are definately my favorite NYX products to date and this shade (Red Cheeks) one of the most flattering on my personal skintone.
Red Cheeks is insanely pigmented, completely matte, and you only need the smallest bit(and I mean *smallest bit* LITERALLY) for both cheeks. I definately had to play with this blush a few times before getting the application down because if not blended well it gave me the clown cheeks look (NOT a good look..)
I can use my fingers for application if I'm in a pinch but I prefer a paddle foundation brush or stippling brush.
If it's nighttime or I'm going for a bolder look overall, I'll just use one of those brushes to apply and blend.
If I'm going for a more natural/day look I apply with the brush, then take a jumbo cotton ball and blend it out with the cotton ball which really helps sheer it out without making it look un-natural or losing any of the color. When blended very well like that, it gives me the *perfect* "my cheeks but better / I'm naturally blushing / I just came in from the cold" look. And for whatever reason (not sure if it's because of my face shape or my skintone) -but the "just in from the cold look" seems to suit me very well, and I've found that on me, this blush seems to go with any eye shadow look (dark or light, cool or warm) and same with lips. Also the fact that it has no shimmer, glitter, or sheen to it makes it especially great for me since I have large(noticeable) pores and oily skin.(Shimmery products are rarely flattering on my skin type) and none of the NYX Cream Rouge blushes have broken out my finicky skin. That's definately another positive aspect :)
I've already got a back-up of Red Cheeks even though I've only barely got a dip in my original which I purchased from Amazon in 07/12 for $6.50. I keep one in my purse and one with my makeup products that are in high rotation. If you're like me and have no stores in your area that offer NYX, I reccomend Amazon because It was also available for that "free super saver shipping" (as most NYX products are from what I've noticed) on orders of $25+, and in my opinion, $6.50 with no shipping is just a steal for this awesome product!!
The packaging for the cream rouge blushes is a black compact with a clear lid. No mirror enclosed (which is no biggie to me as I rarely use those mirrors anyway) I have to say though that these compacts are a bit on the flimsy side :( But I'm not big on packaging and certainly wouldn't let that affect my overall rating or view of this blush. I don't need things to look pretty or flashy (though I certainly don't mind if they do! ;D) -And I also usually don't mind too much when things have cheapy packaging as long as the product inside performs. But I have to say, my first Red Cheeks compact broke on it's way to me in the mail :( (Granted, Amazon sent it in a large size envelope without bubble wrapping it) but the product itself was not harmed in any way, just the clear, plastic lid got cracked into several pieces so I had to make a choice to just toss the plastic and have no lid or tape it all back together. (I taped it back together) -So if you're going to travel with this I'd reccomend not letting it get smushed, and try to be gentle in general since the clear lids easily crack down the middle.
Other than that, perfect blush! I highly reccomend and will continue to repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by bamboozle27makeup

i just wanted to write a quick review and few tips for people who are struggling with the pigmentation of these products, in the hopes tht you wont feel like you wasted your money! :)

if you are struggling to make this colour look less harsh, try using a really fluffy, not very dense brush, almost a brush that is kind of crappy at applying blush. it will pick up so little product, that you will have to slowly build the colour, and therefore can achieve a REALLY subtle glow!

i love this blush, and use it on my friends with very pale skin, nc 15s, all the way up to my nw55 friends!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by lalawashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This a very bright and pigmented red cream blush. This is the most sublime winter blush that gives a rosey porcelain-doll look. This lasts beautifully as well and fades to a natural glow. You need the tiniest dab on your finger or you risk overapplying and looking like a clown. I only use this occassionally when I have time to blend it out, so I find this can last a whole lifetime (if there was no such thing as expiration dates!)