September 19, 2014 | 1251 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No7 Gentle Foaming Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this cleanser because the pump and cleanser comes into a nice lather which is gentle on my skin. I don't see any significant difference between this cleanser and any other cleanser on skin except that it is easier to apply than some others that I've used. Overall, I like it, recommend to sensitive skin but since I don't have sensitive skin and the cleanser was not memorable I probably will be trying something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought Boots No7 Gentle Foaming Face Wash based on a few recs on skin care board. I was looking for a fragrance free, oil-free, gentle cleanser and didn't have any luck with other non-expensive products like Purpose, Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser, Basis, etc. Made a special trip to Target (and I say special because I'm in NYC with no car and the closest Target is in Brooklyn or Jersey) to pick up this product. I was pleasantly surprised after the first use because it did not dry out my skin like all the others! I have combo skin with huge pores on my nose (thanks Dad!), a few dry patches here and there and major sensitivity esp. to products like sunscreen. No7 Gentle Cleanser did not sting, dry or cause a major oil leak 10 minutes after use. I use it to clean my face in the morning and follow up with Proactive toner and moisturizer. At night, I've been using Shu oil cleanser to remove my SPF 30 sunscreen and and makeup at night and follow up with a small squirt of No7 foam wash to remove all residue from the Shu oil. So far, so good. This cleanser does nothing for my clogged nose pores but I've yet to find anything that does. I'll definitely purchase this product again. My skin is fairly clear other than the occasional totm pimple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my new favorite facial cleanser! I have been using it for 2 or 3 weeks now and my skin is sooo clear. I have acne prone skin and this has cleared it up - even during that time of the month when I normally break out. It cleans well, but leaves my skin feeling ballanced - not stripped.

This cleanser works the best out of anything I have ever tried (from super expensive, to cheap, to natural to full of chemicals) - hands down.

Worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by kelleythegreat

I've been using this face wash for about two weeks after running out of Physicians Formula Gentle Cleansing Lotion (and not wanting to re-order it), and am so far pretty satisfied. Initially it did feel a bit drying (but not that 'tight' feeling), but that doesn't really happen anymore. It's helped clear up my skin and prevent the occasional breakout much more than the PF cleanser did. Definitely would repurchase (only $8.99 at Target!)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by SuperAmandaRocks

I would not buy this again mainly because, if you use an AHA cleanser you should be able to have the option to let it dry like mask and the foam element sort of limits that option. It works fine if you need to simply wash your face but if you wear an average to heavier application of makeup, you'll need towelettes aka wipes and possible a separate eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as I needed a new fragrance-free cleanser in a pinch, and I really like it! It removes all my eye makeup (I don't use waterproof stuff).

This gel/jelly formula foams up moderately using about a quarter-sized amount. It does contain colorants, but, surprisingly, it hasn't bothered my skin. I have dry, sensitive skin w/ mild eczema and this works well--doesn't leave me feeling parched or "tight" after washing.

It comes in a squeeze-tube with flip-top cap. It's just a simple, basic cleanser. Doesn't do anything amazing, but does keep me clean! :D I wouldn't try this if you need to cut through oil. It i probably best for normal to dry skins. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by fanshawe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is on the dry side but I prefer a foaming-type cleanser. Unfortunately, many of these leave my skin feeling very tight. Not so with this product! It has an interesting jelly like consistency that lathers very nicely and rinses off clean. So far I am liking the Boots products very much!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Overall, it is a good cleanser. It is very mild but effective. It is not very easy to rinse off but I can take it. I also feel it is better for normal to oily skin since skin feels a tiny little bit dry after it dries. Again, I don't find it a problem. Considering the price, it deserves a "4".

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by DDP1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It's just a basic cleanser; it's not medicated nor does it claim to do anything special. But it gets my skin thoroughly clean without drying it. I've had a tough time finding a cleanser that I like, and I'm sticking with this one. It says it's for all skin types, but I think it's best for normal to oily skin. I purchased mine here in the USA at Target.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2007 9:51:00 AM More reviews by davefan77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge Boots supporter and bought this as part of a total skincare regimen recommendation from their online skincare analysis. I really, really wanted to like their recommendations and really wanted them to work on my "spot prone skin." I used it all for two weeks and, while it didn't dry me out, it didn't help AT ALL with spot prone skin. My current breakouts didn't go away and new breakouts kept appearing. Luckily I was able to get a full refund (thanks, Target!) and put my money - since the prices are comparable to Mario Badescu - toward MB products that have been awesome for my skin! This wash didn't hurt, but certainly didn't help, my skin.