August 28, 2014 | 1673 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - No7 Rebalancing Day Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am liking this product so far. been using it a few weeks. have combination skin but I can't use regular lotions at all. they ALL clog my pores. so I researched and found out about gel moisturizers. This one is great for under my makeup. helps it go on easier. Doesn't feel sticky at all. Doesn't seem to break me out. The only thing bad about the packaging is the lid. it screws on kind of weird but that doesn't really bother me.

EDIT-I recently developed perioral dermatitis so I won't be using this anymore incase it was part of the cause just fyi. I hope to find something else similar eventually but maybe without silicone and parabens :/

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sleepingbeauty617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had great expectations for this product after reading so many positive reviews about it here on MUA, but it didn't turn out like I expected it to. I have combination to oily skin and bought this product thinking that it would balance my skin and provide it with vitamins and nutrients. First of all, this gel took the longest time to absorb into my skin. I had to put it on and wait a few minutes to put on my sunscreen. Second, it left my skin feeling dry and sticky after being absorbed. Third, it clogged my pores. This product was not moisturizing enough for my skin, and besides making it peel off due to dryness, it also made my T-zone very oily (probably because my skin had to produce excess oil to moisturize itself). Not what I was expecting. I won't recommend this product to anyone, and will definitely not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by nemequittepas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Solid product for oily/combo skin. Not a bad price for $12.99 at Target.

At first, I was concerned that it wouldn't be moisturizing enough, and it might not be in the winter, but so far it seems to do the trick. My skin likes to fluctuate from dry to oily, but this seems to keep it in check. I also love that it absorbs so quickly and doesn't feel greasy before I put on my makeup. Perfect for a morning routine.

I've been pairing this with No. 7's Protect and Perfect Night Cream, and I like the results. For the first time in my life (I'm 24) someone told me I had perfect skin. Can't beat that!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by andiwongg

Alright, first off, i want to say that i love this moisturizer. it is a "rebalancing' day gel and for my combo/acne prone skin, it has definitely helped. i found that this gel really calmed down the acne on my skin. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but no new blemishes have popped up and the older ones have disappeared or gone away with a few days. i really like the moisturizing property on this. it does make a difference to my skin. it's a gel so it sinks in super fast. i like to use this under my foundation or even under my tinted moisturizer because it is very light and it just gives that extra kick of moisture into my skin. you don't necessarily need to use a LOT of product for it to cover your face but if you wish to use this for night time, just layer on a thicker layer. i examined the night version vs the day version ... there were NO ingredients that were different so i didn't even bother getting the night version of this.

the only thing i REALLY don't like, is that fact that it's in a jar. BUT i have take a small spoon (like a baskin robins) to scoop it out. It seems to be a bit more sanitary than dipping my digits into it.

OH and if you're in CANADA, go to the states to get this. it is ALMOST 50% cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have found my HG moisturizer! This is so light and makes my skin feel so soft and moisturized. You need very little. This has improved the health of my skin and dare I say it might even glow! It has helped to heal my skin and calm it down. My only complaint is that it is in a tub and I don't like to dip my fingers in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by hissy

This is pretty good at helping control the oil on my t-zone when worn under foundation. I have to use a very light layer though. Otherwise, it will do the opposite and cause my t-zone to be extremely oily. It is very light, and because of that I only use it in the day. At night I use oil to hydrate my skin. It is fragrance free which is good for my sensitive skin. I like the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Evey22

Does a great job and evening out my complextion since I have an oily t-zone and dry everywhere else. Doesn't clog pores. A little bit goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by habril

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily, very acne prone skin. I'm 32 and still feel like I'm 16 battling every day skin problems like I did in high school. I have used a LOT of moisturinzers under my make-up for the best overall effect...to no avail. When I would apply my make-up in the morning, by noon my makeup was an oily mess. One day I was at Target in the make-up aisle and there happened to be an actual make-up girl in the department asking people if they needed assistance with anything. I had asked if she could recommend something that would help for controlling oil during the day and at night. She suggested Rebalancing Day Gel to use at night, along with No.7 Mattifying Makeup Base (in white tube) to use during the day under my foundation. I can't BELIEVE how well the products work together. Not only is my face not oily when I wake up, but it keeps me oil free during the day and my make-up actually stays on! I like just using one single Q-tip in the jar of gel and applying it to my chin, forehead, and cheeks, then massage in. I believe with the gel, a little goes a long way..using the Q-tip helps to conserve. I apply the base the same way.

I'm very pleased with them and I can't believe I found them at Target! Now, if I can just find the right spot-on treatment that will make those unsightly boulders I get from time to time to go away and something to make my scars appear less noticeable. If anyone has skin like mine, your suggestions would be a godsend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by persik22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product!
After reading all the reviews about this line of products I decided to try them, this being the first one. I have super oily but very sensitive skin. Before this I was using Landon gel moisturizer, which is also a gel but costs around 50 bucks per little tube. Amazingly this works better!!!
Absorbs fast, nice smell, and does exactly what it says.
I was so happy with it, i decided to buy the toner and the nighttime version for the oily/combnation skin. After trying everything under the sun for my weird skin, from super expensive to cheap, and nothing seemed to control my oil I was not expecting anything from this either. But boy was I wrong, in combination in just a week this made my sking NORMAL, soft and not oily, and I for the first time cant stop touching my face.:)))
I never expected to find my HG products in Target....Love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by angelahjung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Boots No7 products as they're fragrance free and very gentle on my sensitive/combination skin. This moisturizer is definitely for those with oily/combination skin as it is in a gel form, so it doesn't clog your pores or make you feel greasy afterwards.
Although it's supposed to be a Day Gel, I actually only use sunblock in the mornings as I find moisturizers make me too oily when left during the day (even in this gel form). Hence, I use this at night after toner, and it seems to leave me with soft, replenished skin in the morning.
FYI, I had been breaking out before using this as I think my Caudalie moisturizer was a little too heavy for me. After switching to the Boots No7 Rebalancing Day Gel, my acne seemed to calm down and disappear. Definitely goes to show that it's not always about the expensive products!