December 22, 2014 | 943 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Redness Relief Soothing Cream SPF 25 [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I don't have sensitive skin in general but during winter time my skin does tend to become more delicate due to weather. Just a little note on my skin: I have combination skin prone to breakouts. My T-zone gets oily but my cheeks and temples tend to get dry and prone to redness especially during winter so I got excited when I say this because this product was supposed to reduce redness and soothe the skin, which is exactly what I was looking for. WRONG: When I applied it I felt a slight burning sensation and it irritated my skin even more. Instead of soothing and reducing redness it made it worse.

Stay away from this product it's rubbish.
Better alternatives: Cetaphil Moisturising Cream and Eucerin AQUAporin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Purchased on advice of derm for help with Rosacea. It does help soothe and definitely tones down the red, very pleased on that end. However on vacation while spending lots of time in the sun it doesn't appear to be enough coverage for me. I apply a physical ss on top (I seem to fair better with physical ss). I can't get this to near my eyes (blepharitis and Rosacea) as it causes a bit of discomfort and tears. I will continue to use but modify during summer months due to my skin preferring physical ss.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Anti-redness green-tinted moisturizer with an SPF of 25
INGREDIENTS: Active Ingredients: Octocrylene 4%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Titanium Dioxide 4.5%.
Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, C12-25 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Alumina, BHT, Blue 1 (Cl 42090), Butylparaben, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isobutylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, o-Cymen-5-OL, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Propylparaben, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract (Ruscus Aculeatus), Squalane, Stearic Acid, Tribehenin, Xanthan Gum.
HOW DOES IT PERFORM? This does have the desired effect of alleviating minor redness but overapplication will result in you looking like The Incredible Hulk with its very green tint. The UVA protection provided by this product is minimal given that the only UVA filter present is titanium dioxide in a relatively low percentage. This isn't particularly moisturizing but will work for someone with combination to slightly oily skin. My issue with this product is the breakouts this caused which are likely due to the second ingredient, ethylhexyl palmitate, which is widely regarded as being very comedogenic. Acne-prones should avoid this product. Those looking for a green-tinted product can give this a try althouh for those in Europe or the US, you can save a significant amount of money and invest in Eucerin's Redness Relief SPF 15 product instead which has a similar effect without the comedogenic ethylhexyl palmitate.
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? No, due to breakouts.
PRICE: $29.00 CAD for 40ml

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by kraymond

I've been using this for about three months now, and I have to say that I'm in love. It gives me just the right amount of moisture, without feeling greasy. I've always had redness on my cheeks and forehead, and have tried several products over several years to combat this, Avene is the first to really help.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by juliebro77

I find that this cream gives me a very nice complexion, but it is not matte enough for my oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG! This gave me a rash all over my face, eyes and even ears of which never touched the stuff. It happened twice, very badly, so theres no doubt it was from this. The itchy painfull and disgusting rash lasted about a week both times (with benadryl and ointment) and left pink scars on my cheeks. I really would like to know what ingredient caused it, I would say the colorant or one of the sunscreens did it. Anyone have a hint? This seems to give lots of people allergic reactions, it needs to be reconsidered as a product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm new to using this redness cream.

It feels light & spreads easily like a lotion, doesn't feel heavy or thick like a lot of SPF products do. It actually feels refreshing & pleasingly cool after application - not minty or cold, just fresh & light.

Sunscreen is not what I bought it for but I'm glad it has sunscreen in it since I don't bother w/SPF application in general (I'm unfortunately never in the sun except when I go to the beach). My daily work week allows me zero sun exposure.

I was looking for a green face tint to neutralize redness & brightens my ruddy/sallow complexion. The light mint green color super-pale I almost thought it was nonexistent, but the faint color you see actually works enough to tone down excess redness & calm the skin (I don't have rosacea or acne, but ppl keep asking if I was on vacation like I got sunburned - very annoying for yrs!). This stuff blends in nice & clean w/o any telltale signs, not greasy at all, so I would say this is a great product for oily & sensitive skins. I don't feel it on my face after it dries. But I do smell it - the scent is lovely but not what I want to be smelling on my face - too perfumey & floral.

It's expensive @ $32 for a 1.35oz tube. I cringed when I paid but I gave it a shot. I'll continue searching for less expensive green tint products but if you have the $$ to blow, this is a nice enough multi-function product. One lippie off for high price & perhaps the tint could do a little bit of a better job @ neutralizing redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by jacquelina23

I really like this sunscreen, I have oily acne-prone skin and the green tint definitely helps combat the redness of acne breakouts, then I put foundation overtop, it sets it nicely with a nice matte finish, but still a dewy/glow look by mid-day. I think it calms my skin and I have never broken out from this cream. It goes on a bit white/green but after you rub it in and it has absorbed, there is no "white cast" as with other titanium dioxide sunscreens. At first I bought this in the summer months and I thought it was too oily for my skin so I stopped using it until winter came and my skin was more dry, now I find it perfect for wintertime, just the perfect amount of hydration, perfect amount of SPF and I like the smell, it kind of smells like baby powder. I will definitely be purchasing again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by siobbhan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin is sensitive to the point that it breaks out or gets oily in the summer and can be really dry in the winter. I got a sample of this at Duane Reade to try. It's great. Yes it has a slight greenish tone but you don't notice it once it's rubbed in. My skin doesn't feel too oily and I think it will also be great in the winter. I am using Lorac Power Foundation over it for summer and between the 2 products my skin looks almost perfect. I like the high spf (wouldn't mind if it was higher if it worked the same). It also smells nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very bad moisturizer, that just sits on top of skin. Do not buy this if you have dry skin. Also, when I put foundation over this, it comes off in pieces! The tint does camoflauge slight redness, but this fails completely as an effective moisturizer. Not to mention, I paid around $30 CDN for this. Will not be using this again.