December 19, 2014 | 1085 users online

Mascara - Boots - No7 Maximum Volume Waterproof mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ETA - removing stars after more use. This made my eyelashes fall out.

Pleasantly surprised. I normally don't use waterproof mascara, but it's been so hot and humid recently that I was winding up with raccoon eyes. As I doubt this weather will last (here in the UK), I just wanted something inexpensive that would do the job, so I popped into Boots and purchased this one based on the brush looking like the sort I like. It's fine, it works, it doesn't smudge or flake or clump (which is more than can be said for mascaras that cost 3x the price). I am not overly fussed about my lashes and don't really try to lengthen or volumise or anything like that. I just want them to look darker and defined, and for the mascara not to wind up all over my face or in my eyes. So based on those requirements, this is great, and a bargain too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Pertez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been on a hunt to find a great mascara, I tried out many and there is always something I don't like...either it's clumpy, or the brush sucks, or there's fall out...ect you get my point.
I came across this mascara at Target, I was just browsing and decided I'll take a chance on this one...not a lot of people use this so I thought why not...I like the fact that is was made in France they tend to produce better quality cosmetics.
I tried this mascara out and I absouluty love it! It doesn't dry so fast that you don't have time to build up the look you desire.
It kept my lashes kind of soft, unlike many mascaras.
It curled my lashes significantly well...and the curles held throughout the day.
It adds a resonable amount of volume...not too much.
It lengthened very well.
It separated the lashes very nicely, giving them a fuller look.
NO CLUMPING what so ever!!!
NO FALLOUT!!!
It gets all the little lashes, works wonderful for the lower lashes.
The only downside to this is, it takes a little longer to build the full and volumizing look.
Overall this is a great mascara and I will be buying this again!
I bought the regular version not the waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in black, and I absolutely love it! It coats my lashes well, doesn't smudge, lengthens well, adds volume, holds a curl while still looking natural, and it doesn't have a weird smell. The brush gets every single lash, even the teensy ones I didn't know I had! The color is true black, not too light or anything. I have had absolutely no problems with this mascara. This is one of my favorite mascara purchases Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by 1Green

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the Brown shade NON-waterproof product that is sold in the US at Target and in Canada at SDM. This is a great mascara. I ran out and spent a hour at Nordstrom trying to find a brown colour similar to this one. The department manager checked all brands they sell and not one was close. It is a nice medium brown shade that goes on well and looks great on someone with a fair complexion and strawberry blonde hair. Target sells them brown colour online only.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by blueribbon

Great mascara. Bad marketing.

It really should've been called something like "lengthening, lightweight waterproof mascara" as I feel it lengthens more than it volumizes.

NEVERTHELESS, this mascara went on smooth, I could keep layering without clumps, hasn't flaked on me so far (after a few hours of wear), and survived my tears. It does help my normally straight lashes hold a curl and doesn't weigh them down like Diorshow or Lash Injection did.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by waiyi

I bought this mascara at Target, it was clearance, it only cost me $1. It supposed to give Maximum volume, it doesn't give me any volume. If you are looking for "REALLY" natural look, you may like it.

And this mascara is very dry, when u apply on your lashes, it doesn't go smooth. Kind of strange.

Will I buy it again?? NO!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2008 9:59:00 AM More reviews by ztirkazoid

I bought this on a whim @ the drugstore, so this review is for the non-waterproof version in Black. After a few applications, I honestly thought it wasn't doing anything for my lashes. But after regular use - maybe I just needed to get the hang of applying it properly - the mascara actually was doing its job. It does makes my lashes fuller and longer. Downside was that at the beginning it didn't smudge on me, but after I've used it for awhile I get some slight smudging on my lower lashline. It flakes a little, too. The packaging could use some help; the plastic cover over the wand actually cracked and split! Mind you I do not carry this mascara in my purse or anything, just in my traincase - so it's not like I've put it through any "abuse" (lol) whatsoever. I've never had mascara packaging break on me ever, so another thumbs down on that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Bummer - I was SOO hopeful that Boots No. 7 max volume waterproof mascara would work for me. On the plus side, it does add definition, length and volume for me. Also, feels kind of cool/wet going on - an unfamiliar, but kind of pleasant sensation. However, the lasting/staying power on my lashes is only a few hours which is totally unacceptable for me, especially in a waterproof mascara! I don't have an overly oily eye area and I am using the same cleanser and makeup remover, (both of which don't seem to affect the staying power of what have now become my HG waterproof mascaras, Maybelline Define A Lash in waterproof and L'Oreal Voluminous in waterproof - see my reviews) so it HAS to be this mascara. O well - guess I should be happy I have 2 other very good options w/ the Maybelline and the L'Oreal. I only deducted 2 lippies because it may have better staying power on other people and I do like the length, volume and definition it give me...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by xinguo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the regular Maximum Volume mascara, in Navy and it isnot the waterproof version.
I do not like the color, as it is not a rich Navy, kind of dull color with no shine; it adds very little volume.
The only thing seems OK about this Mascara is it's smudge resistant.
I think to get the desired result, you may have to combine this mascara with another lengthening one as suggested by one reviewer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara in the regular formulation not the waterproof. I use this in conjunction with Almay lengthening at the moment. First the Almay and then the Boots over the top. As is always the case with me, mascaras that say they are for volume are better at lenthening and vice versa. For LENGTHENING this mascara is great. It is a gel formula and really gives major length to your lashes. I use the Almay first for the volume and the combo makes my lashes amazingly long and lush. No racoon eyes, no smearing, easy to remove. If you like a dramatic eye this is a good formula.