November 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Skincare - Face - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Pure Beauty Oil 45000 IU Vitamin E

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Gizzy06

I bought this to use on my stretch marks on my stomach, I had a baby about 6 months ago and have pretty ugly stretch marks. I'm not crazy about the consistency of this product but I feel like this helped a little in fading my stretch marks. I mix this with cocoa butter and slather it on my stomach area. I have read other reviews about this product being synthetic vit. E & I'm pretty disappointed. The reason I bought this was because I thought Jason products were all natural and organic. I wouldn't use this on my face just because the consistency is a thick gel & it's a kinda hard to spread around. Once I'm done with this I will use castor oil on my stretch marks.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by amyrod1

This product which clearly states it is Pure Vitamin E oil which is a complete fraud. It is a synthetic Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate) which has caused my eye area to completely swell (right eye swollen completely shut) and eyes are extremely red & itchy. I would have never slathered this all over my face had I know it was not pure. Avoid this product at all costs.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by raspberrychip

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AVOID.
i used this for several years and it was awesome.

now it is made with some kind of synthetic vitamin e.
i bought a new bottle about a month ago. for weeks i have had the worst eczema/dermatitis disaster on my face that i've ever experienced. to the point that my eyelids cracked and bled. i couldn't believe THIS was the culprit.

NEVER AGAIN. very sad. this was a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jessielynn69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with a few people here about it being synthetic vitamin E. One time I think they used natural vitamin E and I found it was great product, especially around the eyes. Last year I bought the same product in a newer looking bottle and I developed a allergy to the stuff.. Made my eyes swell, red, itchy and dry! now I'm allergic. I think they switched to synthetic vitamin E ingredient. Use Caution when using this product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by redemma1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with Alalalana. Beware of vitamin E oils - it is virtually impossible to determine which ones are synthetic and which ones are natural. I used this product for years and I believe it kept my skin very young-looking. But then one day I couldn't find this product anywhere, so I began using a "Jamieson" brand vitamin E oil, and the skin around my eyes broke out into contact dermatitis. I'm pretty sure the Jamieson brand was synthetic. I gave my skin a long break and then tried the Jason oil again - but then even the JASON E oil was causing me to break out into dermatitis.

I have now developed a full-blown topical vitamin E allergy, which is a huge pain because virtually all cleansers, moisturizers and make-up contain vitamin E or some form of it (tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol etc.) Today I just spent $125 on 4 makeup items because I had to buy super-specialized brands that don't contain vitamin E. What a pain!

So beware - don't overdo it with the vitamin E! You could become allergic to it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Pure vitamin E oil is extremely versatile. Vitamin E oil promotes healing and is an active ingredient in many products available for skin and nails. Vitamin E is a strong antioxidant that prevents premature aging. Vitamin E oil can be purchased at any drug or grocery store in either liquid or capsule form. Capsules can be punctured to release the oil for topical application. Wrinkles
Wrinkles come from age, free radical damage, improper skin care and poor habits such as smoking and drinking alcohol in excess. According to the book "Healing with Vitamins: the Most Effective Vitamin and Mineral Treatments for Everyday Health Problems and Serious Disease," vitamin E oil prevents the formation of wrinkles by blocking free radical damage. It treats wrinkles by boosting collagen production, a connective tissue that keeps skin elastic. Vitamin E oil also treats wrinkles by supporting new skin cell growth and speeding up cell regeneration.

NIGHT TREATMENT
Vitamin E oil provides the skin with necessary moisture as well as antioxidants for intense healing. However, pure vitamin E oil is not ideal as a daily moisturizer because it is so thick and sticky. An intense vitamin E oil bedtime therapy is ideal for concentrated skin healing and preservation. Combine vitamin E oil with olive oil for smooth application and added therapy. Olive oil contains oleic acid, which makes skin more permeable and able to hold in necessary moisture.

SCARS
Scar tissue is stubborn skin that comes from burns, old wounds and surgeries. Pure vitamin E oil is helpful for scar healing and prevention because it goes beneath the surface of skin to block free radicals. Free radicals are especially harmful to scar tissue because they prohibit healing. Diane Irons, author of "911 Beauty Secrets: an Emergency Guide to Looking Great at Every Age, Size and Budget," explains that the strong antioxidant power in vitamin E also aids in collagen production, which gives skin its elasticity and is not present in scar tissue.

BROWN SPOTS
Brown spots on the skin are caused by aging, free radical damage and poor liver function. Vitamin E oil prevents and repairs free radical damage. When applied topically to brown spots on the skin, it helps to lighten and smooth the rough skin by lubricating cell membranes and encouraging cell regeneration.

CUTICLES
Pure vitamin E oil is an effective treatment for dry, cracked cuticles. Applying a few drops of vitamin E oil to nails and cuticles helps to rehydrate and smooth them as well as prevent future cracks.

HAIR CARE
Vitamin E serum is also well used for hair care, by coating the hair shaft so the hair shaft protected. This form allows serum levels of vitamin E not only protects the hair shaft, but can also penetrate the skin of the dermis. This is different from vitamin shampoo or other hair products, which could not reach the inner skin layer, but just coat the scalp and hair shaft.
Vitamin E used topically to is great for skin treatments - in helping the skin look younger, promoting healing and cutting down the risk of scar tissue forming. Used on the skin it is also reported to help with eczema, skin ulcers cold sores and shingles.
How to Use Vitamin E Serum to Maintenance the Beautiful Skin?
It is advisable to use Vitamin E serum that is applied evenly to the entire surface of the skin of the face, hands and neck every day to maintenance the beautiful skin. I like to sometimes use it as eye makeup remover and makes my lashes so healthy.
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant, protects your cells from oxidation, and neutralizes unstable free radicals, which can cause damage. This is done by the vitamin E giving up one of its electrons to the electron deficient free radical, making it more stable. While Vitamin E performs its antioxidant functions, it also protects the other antioxidants from being oxidized.
There are just some of the benefits for the outside of your body could you imagine how good it is for your inside..thats a different story it's supposed to even ward off cancer taken internally ect check it out

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by mishkee

I really wanted to love this. But it just doesn't work for me at all. First of all it's sticky and gross. Which I definitely could have dealt with if it actually worked. I have been using it for about 2-3 months now and have not noticed any fading of my scars I am trying to heal. I also don't find it to be moisturizing at all. I tried putting it on my face several different times and each one i broke out horribly. I'm glad this works so well for so many others, I'm just not one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Zara02

Love this stuff.
I was originally terrified to put an oil on my face but this has never broken me out and my skin seems to be better from using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by LNL

I have been using this for about two months. I am halfway through he bottle. Love Love Love this oil. I have been using tretinoin every night, but I use this first. I also use it in the morning after my sunscreen. I like the dewy look. A little goes a long way. I had been breaking out on my chin for about a year. Not sure if its just the tretinoin, or if the Vit E is preventing the breakouts. My skin looks great, and my scars from the past year's damage are almost undetectable.
I put a little in my hand, and then I rub my hands together very fast to heat up the oil. Then I pat in onto my whole face, including my eyelids and under my eyes. I Really don't need concealer any longer ;-). My skin is smooth, even and moist!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by alalalana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this Jason oil claims Natural Ingredients, but that is a lie. Tocopheryl Acetate is a synthetic form of Vitamin E. d-alpha Tocopheryl is naturally derived.

but they sure make you feel like you get getting the real deal! They even go as far as to label a wheat germ plant (where high concentrates of Vit. E is stored) on the side of the pretty bottle.

The culprit- JASON- once small, has
been merged as part of Hain Celestial Group, and the original intent of the products has been rearranged by money hungry decision makers. Hain Celestial offered their condolences to me, by offering me coupons for more of their products.

They explained to me, that "It has always been our policy to use raw materials of natural origin in our products. We put emphasis on both safety and performance. When effective natural functional ingredients are unavailable, then to satisfy our customer's needs we reluctantly use synthetic ingredients with a plan to look for a replacement of
natural origin. As per policy, whenever any Natural alternative with similar performance is available, we will definitely revise our formulas using natural substitutes. "

The truth, is that it is simply cheaper, to manufacturer synthetic ingredients, and sell it for high prices on the market, as if it was- Natural.

Natural E works best on our skin & causes the least complications. Conditions may even be irritated by the synthetic version. So buyer beware. If you are looking for the real deal, this isn't it.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No