July 31, 2014 | 1299 users online

Treatments (Face) - Devita C Accelerator

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by crysb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Buy this product if you're looking for a vitamin C serum housed in beautiful, gorgeous packaging...and that's about it. If you enjoy punshing your skin by rubbing stinky serum that dries out and stings your skin, this is for you. When using this product, my skin became red and irritated. It even started flaking. "No," I said to myself. "It can't be this serum. It's far too expensive of a product!" Wrong. At one point, finally fed up with the way my skin was looking, I frustratingly threw this away in the garbage can (which was really hard for me to do -- I don't like to waste product). Two days later, my skin looked completely different and for the better. Enough said.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a pretty good vit c serum but the downfall is that it is incredibly drying and I don't have dry skin, as such i would only recommend it to oily types. Its a clear liquid texture which mixes and layers well. My skin is firmer and clearer after this but I won't purchase again since it sucks the moisture out of my face. I have discovered that the Nutralift Maximum C plus serum (at 20%) does more and isn't as drying, price is in same ballpark so I would recommend that over this. In general, I used to waste money buying commercial vit c serums but am now wiser and recommend that you only buy it where the potency is stated. Often commercial ones are at 5% which isn't enough to make a difference let alone benefit from its antioxidant properties.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by rstark14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

DeVita-C 17% topical Vitamin C serum:

It has been a month since I have been using this product and everytime I apply the serum, it feels like my face is on fire. And it itches really bad for the fist 5 minutes and causes my face to turn red too. The first time I used it it was so overwhelming that I washed my face after 3 minutes.

It was so bad that the first week I could only apply it every 3 days. My face became red and irritated. I apply it in the morning after cleansing, and before moisturizer and sunscreen. Suffice it to say, I have not seen any results and do not plan on buying this again.

It's too bad because it's a great product! It comes in a dark glass pump bottle, which is important so the Vitamin C maintains it's stability and efficacy. It has one of the best forms of Vitamin C - Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate. If it works for you, great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by fairyaz

I bought this product after a dermatologist friend mentioned that vitamic c helps relgulate the ph balance of skin, which can be disrupted by hormonal changes. The topic came up because I had developed perioral dermatitis, which seems to be linked to hormonal fluctuations. This serum worked like a charm and I didn't even have to end up using antibiotics to clear up my dermatitis. I have sensitive skin that is acne prone and I think this serum really helps keep my skin clear, less oily looking, and in balance. I wait a little while after showering and don't use it if my skin is irritated (as after a little too much sun exposure) to prevent it from stinging too much. It always stings a tiny bit when I put it on, but not enough to prevent me from using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by JaniceC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this serum during the daytime for about 2 years now and the OR at night. I've never had it go bad, still as clear as clear can be. I like that it has both kinds of C: LLA and MAP. I was going to make the DIY C serum, but I'm afraid I'll mess up my skin big time. DeVita has made such a big difference in my life, I've had no negative reactions whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by feefifofunforme

This is my first review for MUA and I normally don't bother with writing reviews (I usually leave that up to you other lovely people!). But I really had to shout out how great this brand is and I was suprised to see that this brand is not listed specifically. The Devita skincare line has completely changed my skin and I only accidently found out about this brand and I can't imagine using anything else now.
Devita make natural vegan products and this was particulary appealing to me as I don't believe in putting synthetic rubbish on my already sensitive skin. I have struggled with bad skin for the whole of my late teens and all through my twenties- acne, redness, large pores and basically dull awful skin. But I have been using this vitamin C serum for about the last 12 weeks and it is fantastic. It has completely changed the texture of my skin and I now have a smooth glowing complexion, it really is that good.
Devita packaging has recently changed, which now means this serum and a lot of their other products are in heavy recycled glass pump packs, which makes them hygienic but quite heavy and not great if you need to travel, but I am happy to put up with that because the products are so good!
I hope this helps others out there who have had similar struggles with there skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does sting when first applying it. I have used the entire bottle, twice daily, and notice no change in my skin. I like the all natural ingredients of Devita skin care but do not notice anything beneficial happening from usage. Jason Hyper C serum always brightens and tones my skin for around the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by cuddly_penguin

Wow, this is the best value-for-money of any Vitamin C product I've ever used. Not only is it cheap, but it seems to be pretty stable...that is, I've had my bottle for well over 6 months and it has not turned yellowish. The expensive C serums I've used before (skinceuticals, etc.) all started to turn yellowish within a month. Even if this cost the same as those products, I'd use this since it seems to be stable....the fact that it's a fraction of the price is just icing on the cake. Mmmmm, icing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by lisasurf1

it stings pretty badly, but I do see better texture, more even toned skin in three weeks..........

will buy again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by cowgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just picked this up from VitaCost for 27USD, but even greater deals can be found online. The lowest price I found was around 19$ -- Can you beat that? This is a 15% C serum, very fluid and you get 2 ounces! This means you can use it generously.I bought this because it is a C serum that does not have added fragrance or other ingredients I don't need or already get elsewhere. I don't want a serum it to interfere with my toner and moisturizer. Best of all I can add this to my Juice serum which has inadequate C for a boost. This is not sticky or smelly like other C serums out there. It also does not have that powdery vitamin pill smell that other natural C serums have. It would be quite fair to say it has no scent. So far it has not irritated -- which is great. I have never had any luck with a C serum before, but just wanted to share that this is a very nice, simple and affordable C serum. It has the minimum amount of C to be effective (15%) but because of that, it might allow those with sensitivity to actually enjoy the benefits of C. Devita is a nice company with some interesting products. INGREDIENTS :: Note that Devita states that this product is Vegan and does not actually contain Bee products even though that's what it says on the box. They explain that this is from a printing error reflecting the old formulation and that they did not want to toss the boxes (they must have ordered a ton). This is new list, though not sure how the L-AP & L-AA are listed first since this is a very liquid product and since there's only 15% C:
Ingredients: L-Ascorbyl Palmitate,L-Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Certified Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Lemon Extract, Orange Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Castor Oil, and Japanese Green Tea Extract.
UPDATE: I still have my bottle, and it is just as fresh as the day I bought it. Usually, a C serum looks suspicious after a month. I am not sure what is in here that has preserved the product so well, but I am certainly pleased, though confused.