April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Shampoo - Generic Value Products Hydrating Shampoo (compare to Biolage)

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I don't think this hydrates at all. It leaves my hair very dry feeling in the shower even after it's been wet if that makes any sense. I know for a fact that if I wouldn't put conditioner in my hair after, that my hair would be a frizzy tangly mess. I think this shampoo is too harsh really. But I came from using a very heavy silicone shampoo (Suave Damage Care) which instantly smoothed out my hair before I even touched it with conditioner. I know that this product has no silicones but I think they could at least put something in it to make it more moisturizing. I also like creme of nature shampoo from Sally's, that moisturizes really well, I don't think it has that many cones it in. But I'll finish this bottle up and won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ohudsono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For reference I have fine, wavy, color treated hair. I wash my hair everyday.

At first I really liked this product. It smelled nice and my hair looked good. Lots of body, silky, soft waves. After about 3 weeks I noticed a lot of buildup. My hair felt weighed down and looked stringy. I decided to switch to a sulfate free shampoo and my hair looks much healthier now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This shampoo is IDENTICAL to Biolage. It's amazing and I love it! I will not go back to spending $20.00 a bottle for the real thing when I can get this for $6.00.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying that my hair is 85% gray, colored every month (Natural Instincts Vibrant Hair Color) and flat ironed daily. I keep reading how great the GVP Conditioning Balm is so great so I stopped by Sally's to pick it up. I saw the GVP Biolage Hydrating Shampoo sitting beside it and thought, why not?? I'm a hair product junkie. The shampoo smells great and I used it with the conditioning balm and my hair looks amazing. It is super shiny, smooth and the conditioning balm, as thick as it is, didn't weigh my hair down at all. It's super soft and manageable. I see complaints about the shampoo leaving your hair like straw but without conditioner, ALL shampoo makes my hair feel rough. The conditioning balm smooths the cuticle. Overall, I am WELL satisfied with this shampoo/conditioning balm and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really don't understand all the bad reviews here. i have a lot of hair and it's fine, dry, curly/wavy, and colored. it sheds like crazy and my ends are fried from my love of heat styling.

normally, the only hair product i use in the shower is Roux Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner. however, once a week or so my roots get limp and gross so i have to shampoo them - which used to mean wet, tangled straw.

THIS shampoo does what i need it to do - cleans my hair and still manages to leave it silky and manageable. *plus* it's dirt cheap, and the bottle will last me forever! i just apply a little bit to my roots/scalp, rinse it out and follow it up with either the Roux or a deep conditioner if my hair's feeling extra thirsty.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I had used this product for a while until my hair started thinning (which was due to stress). I have since gotten rid of the stress and this shampoo. It didn't tend to really do too much to rid the buildup that the conditioner caused.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by electricbubblewrap

Really great product for healthy hair but it just makes damaged hair more noticeable. I really liked this shampoo and conditioner at first cause it makes my hair really shiny. However, the back of my hair has some damage and this shampoo just dried it out and made it a tangly mess. So, as nice as the rest of my hair looks with this stuff, it's not worth the extra trouble my damaged hairs have to suffer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by dionne

Not sure why this got good reviews. It is drying as heck, even my cheap Sauve clarifying shampoo is not this drying. I've used Biolage shampoo before and I don't remember it being drying. After shampooing with this I noticed my hair felt like straw and all knotted up. No good, going back.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by adizzo

I really wanted to like this and thought maybe I had discovered a secret product but I couldn't even finish using it it was so bad. I like Biolage products and this was much cheaper, but a total waste of $10 for the shampoo and conditioner. It stripped my hair completely and left it with a waxy feel. Most products I will use up even if they aren't the best but this made my hair feel like straw. I can't recommend this to anyone even if it is cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by MovieVixen

LOVE this shampoo! Very similar to Biolage which is one of my favorite shampoos. I think the shampoo has a slightly different texture but in the end, it all feels the same, and smells wonderful! If your a fan of biolage, then try this out and save some money. Enough said :)