January 24, 2015 | 1814 users online

Lotions/ Creams - CeraVe - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:19:00 PM More reviews by svetauh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skins been wreaking havoc on me, so I've been having to use stronger products on my face, leaving me with expectionally irritated and dry skin (it's also - 20 in Canada so that always helps). I usually get two hormonal cysts during my TOTM and small breakouts, plus I have a problem with blackheads. However, my skin is not too oily - it's very sensitive and reacts to 99% of the things I've used for my skin - evidently you can see my dilemma. I was worried this was going to be either too greasy and possibly break me out, or just grossly lay on the surface of my skin and do absolutely nothing. I couldn't be more wrong. Although the packaging is not my favourite, this is hands down the best cleanser I've ever used in my life - and trust me I've tried everything from drugstore products to Sephora creams. The texture is thick, however it does not feel heavy on your skin. You can actually feel your skin absorbing the moisturizer and instantly becoming as soft as a baby's bum :). My skin still feels moisturizer all day the day after using this product, (it's been about a week) and knock on wood, it has not broken we out whatsoever. A bit pricey but for a drugstore cream but honestly, it's totally worth it. Love love love this moisturizer, definitely has become a HG for my skin care routine - you will not regret buying this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Ckliki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this moisturizer. I actually switched from philosophies Hope in a Jar to this and I will never go back. I have to say I was die hard Hope in a Jar as well. For $50 bucks a jar thats saying something savings wise.

I bought my Cerave probably almost a year ago and with daily use I am only now starting to get close to the end. There is probably an inch left in the container. I believe I paid $22 for 16 oz. Which is an incredible price for a daily face moisturizer.

I have combination skin and used to really suffer from very dry skin on my nose, to the point where my skin would flake of throughout the day, since I switched to Cerave this has not been an issue.

My only gripe with this product is that the packaging is fairly large for the one I have, it doesn't fit in any of my vanity drawers. I don't mind leaving it on my vanity however it's not the prettiest packaging either so it doesn't seem to go well with anything! Oh well I will saved $30 a container for a better product with uglier packaging.

I don't notice a smell with this cream nor is it heavy on my skin. I would say it only takes about 2-3 minutes for it to completely sink in, and doesn't leave any strange smells or oils.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 8:27:00 AM More reviews by cimas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely fantastic from head to toe!! If you want ultra moisture that lasts all day, this is the one. Can't say enough about it....you won't be disappointed. I saw it in Costco in Canada for a steal the other week.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Sharsaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wonderful ultra thick cream for ver dry skin during brutal windy winter months. If you want a moisturizer that is rich, thick and creamy then this fits the bill. Extremely effective for ver dry skin, a little goes a long way, no greasy-oily or sticky feeling at all. It is a thick cream as opposed to a light lotion. For some reason this does not break me out if used on the face but I am still careful when it comes to what goes on my face due to adult hormonal break outs. Thank goodness there is some cream that I can use on my face during winter months without dreaded acne hues. Perfect for strong winter months to heal your dry skin. This cream does not have sticky feeling at all!. It is slightly pricey but you don't need much like many other runny lotions and cream. I buy this often during winters or when I want a good solid cream for my bone dry yet acne prone face. Readily available in most drug stores. Excellent, quality product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm hardly a fan of CeraVe products for myself. However, my son has had horrible eczema since birth. He's seen derms, peds and allergists and no relief with rx or other pharmacy topicals. At my wit's end, I bought this on Thanksgiving because his itching was so miserable. It's now December 23 and his skin (body) is so soft, clear and itch-free I am astounded. Not at all greasy and fragrance-free. I apply to his back, arms and legs and find it to be cosmetically elegant. Very happy with the product for treating chronic eczema.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really impressed with Cerave. I've been using their hydrating cleanser for about a month and I just picked this up, and I love both. This works really well as a night cream, my dry skin just loves it. Highly recommend. :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I know this has a cult following, and most people have heard of this, but thought I would give my 2 cents.

I have VERY dry skin. During the cold midwestern winters, I battle with constant flakes and dryness. I moisturize 2x daily, and still have terribly dry skin. Flakes, flakes, and flakes.

I read about the CeraVe cream, and figured it was worth a shot, since so many people love it. For a body moisturizer it works really well, although I much prefer my Cetaphil restoraderm for body moisturizing.

For face:
This works wonders. It instantly cures flakes, and lasts all day. The first couple days of use, I thought I found the HG product. Every time I use it on my face, I end up with whiteheads around my nose and on my chin. (for reference, I have clear skin, and haven't had a pimple in ten years) Every time I use it for my full face, I get whiteheads. It's just too heavy, even for my flakey skin.

I managed to make it work for me - I use a tiny bit, only on cheeks, and make sure I stear clear of my T-zone. (really unusual for me, since my entire face is dry and flakey year round!)

Would I repurchase? Yes, only because it works so well on uber flakey skin. I will continue to try products as I search for my HG moisturizer.

I have also tried the CeraVe moisturizing lotion. It is much less dense, and a total pass for me. I used the whole tub, but would not re-purchase. It wasn't much better than cheaper lotions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loove me some CeraVe cream! I like the PM lotion too but it's much lighter and not as moisturizing, great when you need less but for me, three seasons out of a year, it's the cream. I have a bunch of plain reusable 1oz jars and when I first get a tub of the cream, I depot a bunch of it into the smaller jars, close them tight & use as needed!
It's got great ingredients, unscented, amazing texture, matte finish, absorbs quickly and generally feels like a wonderful moisturizer. Actually I could really go on raving about the texture of this product. It feels more luxe than many luxury products I've tried over the years! Really. If your skin doesn't react to this, you'll most likely like it. It's so simple and so beneficial. Like most, I'd love a sqeeze tube for this, especially the metal type a la Dr Hauschka but it's not a deal breaker, clearly. This brand just rocks it for my skin, love the foaming cleanser as well. 😊

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Mpersh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this moisturizer. Definitely one of my HG products. Unlike many of the other users I don't use this on my face, too heavy for me, but I love it for my body. Its very moisturizing but absorbs quickly so it isn't greasy. It seems to do a good job on my scaly legs. It's definitely a good value for the price. My only critique is the packaging. I really wish it had a pump. I don't like sticking my fingers in products, it's just not hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried a bunch of CeraVe products for the first time this year. I've tried their lotion, their PM lotion, and now the cream. This cream dries to a very matte finish. I actually like to use this on my lips for that plump, matte look. It's quite moisturizing and makes my body skin seem to glow from within. I do still get slightly flaky though, both body and face despite using this. And I feel that this leaves a film. The tub container doesn't bother me at all. Bacteria are not likely to grow in this, so it's not "contaminated" by touching it with your fingers. You can buy a pump for it from Amazon, if you are concerned about it though.