CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.4

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 4/17/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My husband starting using this a couple of months ago at the recommendation of his dermatologist for extremely bad eczema. He had a sudden horrible eczema outbreak (all over his head, neck, back and face) and CeraVe has really worked. All the redness and bumps are gone. He's using it every day now for maintenance as per his derm's advice. He shaves his head and face every other day (which highly irritates his skin) and this stops that irritation and so far has prevented new eczema bumps. I use it occasionally on my arms and legs as it helps maintain skin's natural moisture barrier. Superb product and very affordable for a very large jar. Also good as a basic face moisturizer as it contains ceramides and hylauronic acid.

on 4/16/2015 1:00:00 AM

This is an HG product for me! Both my husband and I use this. (He was recommended this for his eczema by our dermatologist) I use this cream on my face at least twice a week before I go to bed and my skin feels soooo soft in the morning. Although I have combo/ oily skin and this product is intended for those with dry skin it still works for me because this cream dries to a satin almost matte finish. I have found that my skin produces more oil because it is actually dehydrated. This product definitely makes my skin plump and smooth. I use this all over my body, my cuticles, my feet and even on my lips. I can't get enough of this stuff!
Tip: Sometimes if my skin has some dry patches in the morning before I put on my makeup I will put a tinyyyy amount (because too much can feel heavy) on my dry patches and it makes my foundation go on so much smoother, just make sure to set everything with powder :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

When first applied, it makes my face feel taut, but within fifteen minutes my face feels soft and slightly hydrated. This cream didn't provide the hydration my face needs.

I tried it on my neck and décolletage area and it worked okay. Keep it around to use on those areas when I want my regular moisturizer to last longer.

on 4/7/2015 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let me start by saying that my skin has had a mind of its own this past winter, went from being extremely dry and flaky to having an allergic reaction from another product I used, and this cream has definitely brought it "back to life" if you will. After learning I had sensitive skin I started using Cerave products and my skin has improved dramatically, this cream has saved my skin! It comes in a large tub that lasts a long time, and I apply it at night to my face only, it's definitely a thicker cream but provides the hydration I need. The only downfall is that it's not very hygienic because there's no pump and you have to scoop it out by hand but that won't stop me from purchasing again, very happy with this product!

on 3/26/2015 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I remember when CeraVe products started getting popular and I saw more and more of them around the different drugstores I went to. I have read more reviews than I can ever recall on how great their products are over the years. But for some reason, I never picked them up! Until now that is, when I was driven to desperation because of hormonal changes/dry skin. I have very, very sensitive skin that is also acne-prone and combo.

I was pretty hesitant to try this cream out after having a horrible reaction to the foaming cleanser. But after trying out 4 different moisturizers (also 5 different foundations at the same time because of dry skin/PIH issues) and wasting a lot of my dollars, I finally, FINALLY picked this cream up in the 12 oz. tub. It seems like a great value for how much I paid ($10 on amazon)!

I usually do not write reviews on products until I have tried them out for months, but I have been having such good results with this cream during the past week that I'm compelled to leave a positive review. I'm very good about updating so I will update if anything changes.

I've been so conflicted because I couldn't wear ANY sort of foundation/concealer to cover my hyperpigmentation without my face drying out into a raisin. My skin tends to itch like CRAZY and breaking out into painful red bumps that look like acne when my skin gets so dry. Being the self-conscious person that I am about my skin, I chose to go with wearing makeup and covering up those marks. As a result, constant itching/breaking out on top of my skin's texture looking horrible with the makeup drying out my face. Not pretty at all.

This is my routine now and it has helped SO MUCH (especially the vegetable glycerin, but the biggest star of them all is this CeraVe cream):
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to remove makeup
- Gentle, hand-made vegetable soap (Chagrin Valley's Bananas & Cream) or Hydrating soap-free cleanser (Himalaya Botanique Hydrating Cleanser) to double cleanse
- George's Aloe Vera juice in a spray bottle + a few drops of vegetable glycerin
- Andalou Naturals Turmeric + vitamin c serum (the past several days, was using Silk Natural's Oatmeal serum)
- PILE ON TONS OF Cerave Cream + a few drops of Mountain Rose Herbs rosehip seed oil

(With Silk Naturals 8% AHA - lactic acid - every 3-4 days at night. My skin is too sensitive for any more exfoliating.)

I'm SO happy and excited to say that I can wear makeup again without worry! I'm so glad to have my beloved Lucy Minerals foundation back in my life! :)))) Thank you CeraVe!

One thing I would like to say though is that this stung my skin each time I put it on when I first started using it. But I think my skin's gotten used to it now. It didn't sting as badly as First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream. Like I said, I have very reactive skin. :(

I also haven't broken out yet from this, which I have from Now Solutions 28,000 IU vitamin e cream. I picked that one up because of a YouTube video of someone with bad hyperpigmentation and it cleared it all up for her, but sadly didn't work out for me because of clogged pores. It moisturizes better than CeraVe cream on my body, however. CeraVe's cream doesn't leave any slight feeling of greasyness on my (body)skin despite being a thick cream. But it also doesn't moisturize as well as the Now Solutions vitamin e cream. FAB's cream didn't either. But I don't really care because of how fabulous this cream has been for my face.

I'm eyeing the crap out of the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser now. I really want to try it.

Edit 2015 April 7: Alright, sorry to bring the rating down.. But the irritation came back. It gets worse each time I put it on. I've stopped for a few days now. I'm back to the Now Solutions cream and crossing my fingers and hoping that last time was just a coincidence and it won't break me out. Argh! I am so frustrated. I thought I found my holy grail.. But my skin can't tolerate it.. My cheeks burn!! Pretty painfully, might I add. Well, the search is on again I guess. (Why the unhelpful votes, people? Care to explain?)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

DESCRIPTION: This is a very thick, fragrance-free, white cream moisturizer intended for normal to dry skin. It can be used on both the face and the body. Retails for 16 USD for 16 oz (453 g) at most drugstores or pharmacies.

MY SKIN TYPE: I was diagnosed with mild-moderate eczema a few years ago. My skin is dry and sensitive year-round, but especially in the winter, when my skin cracks and peels if I skip moisturizer for 2-3 days.

PROS: This is a great product to try if you have dry skin or eczema. It's even accepted by the National Eczema Association.

I've used this product for over 3 years, and I love it, especially for the colder months. It doesn't break me out (unlike a lot of other products I've tried), and it really soothes my skin. The hyaluronic acid in it has also made a big difference in improving the evenness of my skin tone. It is so gentle that I even use it as an eye cream. For a cream of this thickness, it also feels great on the skin. It absorbs quickly (within 5-10 minutes) and it doesn't feel greasy. A little goes a very long way, so the tub will actually last you quite a while.

There is no added fragrance, so you will actually smell the ingredients themselves. This moisturizer smells kind of like mild cold cream. Not unpleasant at all.

At approximately $1 an ounce, it is priced very competitively compared to other brands that target similar customers (Cetaphil, Eucarin, Aquaphor, Aveeno, etc.).

CONS: It comes in a tub. Ick.

OVERALL: Amazing product for people with dry, sensitive skin. I've tried so many moisturizers and oils in the past, but this is the one that made the most difference in my skin. HG status.

Thanks for reading my review. I hope it was helpful to you.

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 3/21/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've used CeraVe lotion as my daily facial moisturizer for about two years, but my skin has been getting drier and drier as I wither with age and as I use retinoids to try to mitigate that. I picked up a tub of the cream at Target this afternoon and came straight home and washed my face just so I could try it. I felt a difference right away and realized how parched my skin has been, probably for months. It absorbed quickly and felt soothing and very emollient, and then dried to a lovely matte finish. I've had it on for several hours now and my skin still feels calm and moisturized. I'll update after I've used it for a few days/weeks, under makeup, etc.

Packaging: gross tub, hate it. I used a q-tip to get product out, but will get a travel tube and decant it like I do with all tub products. Oh well.

on 3/15/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could give this a zero I would. Apparently this is meant for sensitive skin? I was told to use this because I have SUPER sensitive skin and a lot of face lotions leave me red and irritated or break me out. The packaging on this is awful too. It's very unhygienic to have a product in a tub, not to mention this is very messy and always dries all over the lid and container. That isn't the main reason I'm leaving this a bad review though. I had the WORST possible allergic reaction to this. It was seriously EVERYWHERE. There wasn't an inch of my face that wasn't covered with tiny, itchy, bright red bumps/blotches. I couldn't put anything on my face for 10 days, it hut so bad.

on 3/9/2015 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This seems to work for a lot of people with many different skin types. However, it doesn't do me any good. Every time I tried to use it at night with my regimen, I would wake up the next morning with a big red pimple. It did moisturize well, but I would also wake up with what would feel like a layer of grimey film on my face. I ended up giving the tub to my brother who is a 17 year old with mild acne/blackheads and it seems to be helping his skin look much smoother than usual. So I guess it depends on the person which is why I rated it a 2 instead of 1.

on 3/3/2015 9:58:00 PM

My go-to moisturizer. Recommended by my dermatologist. I use this daily expecially in the dry winter months. I am using a prescription face wash and differin for my acne-prone skin and this product does a great job preventing my skin from drying out.

Top Rated CeraVe Products