October 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Lotions/ Creams - CeraVe - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

My skin: Normal-dry, eczema, rarely get breakouts

Best moisturizer I have ever used. It has the ingredients I look for in a moisturizer, such as ceramides and hyaluronic and you get tons of product for a reasonable price. It might be a little heavy for someone with oily skin though (I had tried this on a friend with oily skin and they looked very shiny). YMMV!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lotion was heavy and burned my facial skin each time I tried to use it, My skin itched and felt uncomfortable. I have occasional breakouts and my skin gets tight and dry if I don't apply moisturizer after cleansing. I know it gets many good reviews and it may work for your skin, but one of the ingredients just wasn't compatible with my skin. It was returned.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by netduo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a month into using this cream. Amazed that something so inexpensive and so basic can work so well. I have sensitive skin that easily burns with most moisturizers and causes t-zone oiliness. This is a rich feeling cream that soaks in quickly, leaves my skin soft and doesn't cause excess oiliness. To me, that's a huge plus. Add to that a no burn, and you have a winning combo. What beats it all is that it is so affordable!

I ordered a pump top for mine to keep it sanitary (got it on amazon). Wish it was packaged in a tube. But I can live with the tub and the pump.

Simple. Basic. Inexpensive. Effective. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Rubyredpumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have dry, flaky skin and as a poor grad student, I can't be wasting my hard earned benjamins on fancy skin cream. I need something I can afford and that works. I was skeptical over buying a cantaloupe sized jar of CereVe too. But I trust the wisdom of Makeup Alley and picked it up when I saw it on sale at CVS. I'd previously been using the much hyped Oil of Olay cream in the red jar, which costs more for less product. I find that the CeraVe actually keeps working all night, so when I wake up my skin is moisturized (not always true). I actually use it for day too, and it keeps my skin feeling plush and velvety. I prefer a thicker, protective barrier cream because my skin is so thirsty so this might not be for you (I used to sleep with mask of Vaseline). It doesn't make me look greasy, either. The huge tub is a little weird and I wish they sold it in smaller quantities, but you can't quibble over the value of this stuff. It's cheap enough for me to slather it on my hands too. If I am feeling particularly parched, I mix it with some coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Quite simply, one of the best moisturizers I have ever used. I grew up in Germany where my entire family swore by Nivea cream. I hated it. It left me greasy (yet dry underneath) with clogged pores and breakouts. Over the years I have gone from low to high end searching for the perfect moisturizer. I have dry skin, but tend toward clogs and blackheads on my nose. I am now 48 and discovered Paula's Choice products a few years ago. I am happy as a clam with all of her products...especially the new clinical 1% retinol. It's a fantastic product, but drying on my already dry skin. I tried many different moisturizers from the PC line to use after the retinol. They were all good, but I still woke up with a dry feeling face. I was tempted by the tin of Nivea in my bathroom (my husband swears by it) but knew it wasn't right for me. I stumbled across a review of CeraVe on Beautypedia and figured I would bite the bullet. I had been using the CeraVe PM but it too just didn't moisturize all night. I was truly fearful of waking up to a face full of zits after sticking my fingers into the tub of thick CeraVe moisturizer, but it felt very nice slathering it on. The next morning, I rushed to the mirror fully prepared for the worst. But no. Nothing...nothing but glowing, comfortable feeling skin!! I am shocked and feel grateful to have found something so inexpensive which works so very well for me. I have been using this for 2 weeks now with no adverse effects. Only soft, well moisturized skin. No clogs. No breakouts. No greasy shine!! The niacinamide in it also seems to be working on some hyperpigmentation (huge bonus!) I tried this on my body, but don't really care for it there (not hydrating enough on my über parched skin). On my face though, absolute perfection!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by vforvina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this product but unfortunately it did not work for me. It felt thick and waxy and dried out my skin. This didn't do anything for my skin and I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this as a night cream. It's way too emollient to use in the day time or under makeup but it's the best moisturizer to use in the winter. You need the tiniest amount on your face and it goes a long way.

The packaging can be unhygienic though and its annoying to have to keep reaching into the tub but it does last a very long time as a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Zagliadod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have incredibly sensitive and very dry skin, and this cream is non irritating to me, and has helped with my dryness in the last month. I rate it 4 stars instead of 5 because I have to time putting my makeup on after giving it a few minutes to soak in, and not wait too long or my makeup doesn't go on smoothly, and turns into this weird thick smeary paste on my face. If I time it just right though, my makeup never looks better... which is saying a lot, considering my uncooperative skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin was acting really weird, oily but dry at the same time (dehydrated?) and this really helped fix that. I was worried it was going to break me out but it doesn't, and I am very acne prone. It feels nice going on, but feels kind of tacky until it dries. It doesn't have much of a smell, and is cheap for how much you get! I don't like that it's in a jar especially since it's such a large jar that will take a while to use up, so I bought a pump for it on amazon. This product would be good for people with combination or dry skin, but probably too heavy for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by max44

I have sensitve skin and eczema that comes up on my face once in a while. This smooths and moisturized my skin without feeling greasy. I love how it doesn't contain fragrances so my skin doesn't get irritated with the perfumes most companies add into their creams. I bought the tube version of this so packaging is really nice.