CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.4

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 5/26/2015 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to think this cream was only for the body, but found out it is also officially recommended for use on the face as well. I have been looking for a rich moisturizer that I can use on my acne-prone skin. I use retin-A micro which makes my skin pretty dry/flaky but for years I would just use it without any additional moisturizer at night because I am so paranoid about breaking out. My skin doesn't like any products with petroleum/mineral oil. Most products with plant oils cause breakouts for me too. So it has been a long search for a suitable product that is hydrating enough!

I was very apprehensive about trying this on my dry, acne-prone skin but decided to do so after reading many positive reviews from others with the same skin type. Now that I've used this for a few weeks, I can say this really hydrates so well without causing any breakouts! In fact I have not even been using retin-A at all for the past week (I am able to stop using it sometimes) and still no breakouts with regular use of the CeraVe cream.

I am a CeraVe fan and tried their PM facial lotion before but it's not as hydrating - it's a thin texture, with almost identical ingredients to the Cerave body lotion (not cream). The PM also contains an ingredient, Polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, that I know from experience causes breakouts for me.

FYI this is also sold in a 1.89oz SQUEEZE TUBE which I found at CVS and you can also find it online. (At CVS it's in the skincare aisle in a small display, with smaller sizes of treatment creams/lotions from various brands such as Amlactin and others). It costs more ($4.99) but worth it for the more stable & hygienic packaging vs. the big tub... & still a cheap price to pay for a good face cream! (Ceramides are the key ingredient and those are not as stable in jar packaging). Plus CVS has a great rewards program with frequent coupons that I can use toward this product.

on 5/24/2015 10:56:00 AM

I really like this moisturizer. I got it in a trial pack with the Cerave hydrating cleanser (which I have a review on as well). I wasn't a big fan of the cleanser but this moisturizer was really nice. I like how light it is. It absorbs well, if you don't use a lot of it. A little goes a long way. It definitely would be great for those nasty winter months. Mine didn't come in the jar, it came in a squeeze tube. I don't know if that's just because it was a trial size or if they have others on the market in the same tube just bigger. I would have continued to use this product but my dermatologist put me on Epiduo and advised me to use something else that doesn't have so many medical ingredients in it.

on 5/16/2015 6:22:00 PM

I love this cream and it moisturizes really well. My dermatologist introduced me to this product and its very good for sensitive acne prone skin. It does not clog pores and gets the job done. It has a good texture not greasy at all.

on 5/12/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG cream! I have oily, acne prone skin and have used this on my face and it is amazing. I recently started using it all over my body after my dermatologist recommended it and this stuff is so amazing! Really moisturizing and sinks into the skin extremely well. My only complaint is that it is a little pricey, at about $14 a tub.

on 5/10/2015 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff! I was overexfoliating my skin trying in vain to make sebborheic dermatitis go away on the sides of my nose and using products that were too harsh when my dermatologist told me to simplify, simplify, simplify! She recommended this and I have never looked back. I apply this product in the morning after my sunscreen (Elta MD UV Clear) and in the evenings 20 minutes after my Walgreens AHA cream or Tretinoin. It keeps my skin hydrated and the price is good for the volume. I wish it came with a pump; however, I purchased one for $6 on Amazon.

on 5/9/2015 1:57:00 PM

The lotion is much more moisturizing than the cream for some odd reason. Feels thick and is hard to blend out on skin. Gave me tons and tons of blackheads on my forehead. While it did not give me acne it definitely contributed to this breakout I had a couple months ago that gave me very inflamed acne that caused indented scars even without picking. Don't recommend it for skin with a damaged barrier that always feels tight because this will just make skin feel tighter and less hydrated. This cream is a very weird texture. It's super thick but not greasy at all when applied to face. I recommend for use on body but 100% not on face if you are struggling with moderate acne/severe acne.

on 4/17/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My husband starting using this a couple of months ago at the recommendation of his dermatologist for extremely bad eczema. He had a sudden horrible eczema outbreak (all over his head, neck, back and face) and CeraVe has really worked. All the redness and bumps are gone. He's using it every day now for maintenance as per his derm's advice. He shaves his head and face every other day (which highly irritates his skin) and this stops that irritation and so far has prevented new eczema bumps. I use it occasionally on my arms and legs as it helps maintain skin's natural moisture barrier. Superb product and very affordable for a very large jar. Also good as a basic face moisturizer as it contains ceramides and hylauronic acid.

on 4/16/2015 1:00:00 AM

This is an HG product for me! Both my husband and I use this. (He was recommended this for his eczema by our dermatologist) I use this cream on my face at least twice a week before I go to bed and my skin feels soooo soft in the morning. Although I have combo/ oily skin and this product is intended for those with dry skin it still works for me because this cream dries to a satin almost matte finish. I have found that my skin produces more oil because it is actually dehydrated. This product definitely makes my skin plump and smooth. I use this all over my body, my cuticles, my feet and even on my lips. I can't get enough of this stuff!
Tip: Sometimes if my skin has some dry patches in the morning before I put on my makeup I will put a tinyyyy amount (because too much can feel heavy) on my dry patches and it makes my foundation go on so much smoother, just make sure to set everything with powder :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

When first applied, it makes my face feel taut, but within fifteen minutes my face feels soft and slightly hydrated. This cream didn't provide the hydration my face needs.

I tried it on my neck and décolletage area and it worked okay. Keep it around to use on those areas when I want my regular moisturizer to last longer.

on 4/7/2015 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let me start by saying that my skin has had a mind of its own this past winter, went from being extremely dry and flaky to having an allergic reaction from another product I used, and this cream has definitely brought it "back to life" if you will. After learning I had sensitive skin I started using Cerave products and my skin has improved dramatically, this cream has saved my skin! It comes in a large tub that lasts a long time, and I apply it at night to my face only, it's definitely a thicker cream but provides the hydration I need. The only downfall is that it's not very hygienic because there's no pump and you have to scoop it out by hand but that won't stop me from purchasing again, very happy with this product!

Top Rated CeraVe Products