CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finally caved and tried this cult favorite. My ultimate favorite night cream is Korres Rose Overnight Facial, and this leaves my skin with the same supple, moisturized and cared for feeling in the am. I still feel traces of the cream on my skin when I wake, but even right after putting it on my skin never feels greasy. Granted, my skin is normal to dry, and I I rarely break out. It is refreshing to find such an excellent treatment product at such a low price.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This stuff is the best. I frequently have to take prednisone, and one time I was on it for over a year, which totally messed up my skin. What was once clear, normal skin on my face, turned into red and super dry skin. I tried tons of different moisturizers, even putting Aquaphor all over my face at night, and nothing really helped. My foundation always clung to and accentuated the dryness, which obviously isn't a great look. After reading tons of reviews on CeraVe, I decided to try it. I'd seen it in the store before, but never really gave it much thought since ~$16 for 16oz seemed like a lot for a drugstore product. I bought it at Ulta during a BOGO 1/2 off sale (I got the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser with it -- also awesome), with CeraVe coupons and the $3.50 off $10 Ulta coupon, so I ended up getting a really good price.

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is HG for sure. It brought my skin back to normal (although I still have some redness, but I wasn't expecting to get rid of that with this product). Sometimes I forget to put moisturizer on before my foundation, and you can't even tell! The texture is rich and creamy, and feels like a dream going on. It's not greasy at all, and I can even use it under makeup, as long as I give it a minute to absorb. It has no scent which I am absolutely thrilled about because I am very sensitive to fragrances. Once dried, it leaves a natural finish on my skin. Another cool thing is that the tub lasts forever. I started using CeraVe daily about 11 months ago, and haven't even used half of it. So even if I had to pay the full $16, it would be totally worth it. After having such a great experience with the Moisturizing Cream and Hydrating Cleanser, I also bought the AM and PM Facial Moisturizing Lotions, and I love both of those, too. The Moisturizing Cream is definitely the star though, and I'll never be without it.

on 9/9/2015 7:22:00 AM

I wanted to love this cult favorite but in the end it gave me a million little clogged pores on my chin and made my skin so oily. Great body moisturizer though

on 9/5/2015 11:13:00 AM

1. Best cream that I have EVER used! I have rosacea, sensitive skin, that is a bit dry but much more dry in winter. I used to use Avene Rich Cream for years but now that I found this tube, it's my Holy Grail forever.

2. Even if the consistency is kinda thick, it applies smoothly, it dries quite quickly on the face to a smooth, moisturised and non oily finish. It even gives my face that kind of dewy look which is so fresh.

3. Never broke me out. In fact I think that when I get spots, it heals them faster.

4. Calms the skin and really repairs it greatly. I used to have Keratosis Pilaris on my cheeks and I think it diminished that rough feeling A LOT. My skin is very smooth now, smoother than I've ever had it before.

1. Probably the fact that it's in a jar and you have to stick your fingers in there or use a spatula, but it's fine, you can transfer into a bottle with a pump because since it doesn't have any ingredients that are sensitive to light or air, the cream will not get bad or anything :)

on 8/19/2015 11:43:00 PM

Found at Costco, figured would like to try.
Kinda liquidy but not the easiest cream to spread around.
Smells disgusting by the way.
As I though this is not a bad moisturizer, I ran out of face cream and needed something for a couple of nights.
I have oily T zone and dry cheeks, so a thin layer on my cheeks and just normal toner lotion on T zone would be fine, I supposed.
Man, I got two pimples and countless of clogged pores for that. It is not like I used to have no clogged pores, but I never had any of my cheeks and eyes area.
If you attempt to be lazy and put this on your face, I have only one thing to say:
Try at your owns risk.

on 8/14/2015 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was using the cetaphil and it wasn't working enough for me. I feel the cetaphil is meant to be used for all skin types so it doesn't lean too heavy and not too light. I had oily skin when I used it and it did a good job

Whereas this one feels richer and marketed to those with normal to dry skin. I've been using prescription retinal and my skin has been super dry/flaky and nothing was working till I tried this. My face actually feels moisturized!
I think it has to do with the ceramides.
My face feels moisturized but my skin doesn't feel greasy which is great I definitely recommend it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

-a heart full of love

on 8/6/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this as a sample packet that came with this and the hydrating cleanser. This works really well, maybe even better than the Cetaphil cream. The cetaphil one left a really heavy and sticky feeling in my skin (because of that I couldn't use it on my face), AND it smelled like hair relaxer. Whereas this one at least has beneficial ingredients, feels light on the skin but moisturizes like a dream all day long. I feel that if you use it on a small wound or on a healing pimple it will definately help it heal faster. Yesterday I did a little experiment: I mixed a pea size of this with a pea size of aloe vera gel, and applied it on my face and neck and left it overnight. The next morning, aka today, my skin was SO PLUMP and juicy looking, that with those results I am definately buying the full size tub. By the way, this is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic (aka doesn't smell like hair relaxer!).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I used Cetaphil cream before Cera Ve. I have dry sensitive skin. It moisturizes well. I really like how light this product feels in comparison. I feel no product on my face after applying. If winter is harsh, I'd use Cetaphil. But for more mild seasons, Cera Ve is the one to go to. I wish it came in a pump bottle for hygienic purposes.

on 7/16/2015 7:24:00 PM

This is an excellent moisturizing cream. Works well for my sensitive skin. No fragrance. I can apply under my eyes for extra moisture.

It does NOT exfoliate (as stated in a previous review.) It is a moisturizing cream and does not have actives/acids intended to exfoliate.

I have the purse size tube and will repurchase again. I got a coupon from the Canadian site CeraVe.ca and the US site also has coupons available.

Excellent ingredients contain Ceramides and Hyaluronic Acid to protect the moisture barrier. The PM formula has niacinamide (not the cream as stated in a previous review). From the US site:

Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Popular Lotions / Creams