July 31, 2014 | 1858 users online

Lotions/ Creams - CeraVe - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Zagliadod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have incredibly sensitive and very dry skin, and this cream is non irritating to me, and has helped with my dryness in the last month. I rate it 4 stars instead of 5 because I have to time putting my makeup on after giving it a few minutes to soak in, and not wait too long or my makeup doesn't go on smoothly, and turns into this weird thick smeary paste on my face. If I time it just right though, my makeup never looks better... which is saying a lot, considering my uncooperative skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin was acting really weird, oily but dry at the same time (dehydrated?) and this really helped fix that. I was worried it was going to break me out but it doesn't, and I am very acne prone. It feels nice going on, but feels kind of tacky until it dries. It doesn't have much of a smell, and is cheap for how much you get! I don't like that it's in a jar especially since it's such a large jar that will take a while to use up, so I bought a pump for it on amazon. This product would be good for people with combination or dry skin, but probably too heavy for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by max44

I have sensitve skin and eczema that comes up on my face once in a while. This smooths and moisturized my skin without feeling greasy. I love how it doesn't contain fragrances so my skin doesn't get irritated with the perfumes most companies add into their creams. I bought the tube version of this so packaging is really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by dancergirl68

I had previously tried this last year however was convinced it was breaking me out. I recently ran out of my olay cream so i whipped out this tub and tried it again. So far so good! Its not breaking me out which amazes me since its so thick. Great cream! My skin is looking so much healthier much plumper on my cheeks and overall the tone and texture of my skin is looking better. Makeup is applying easier as well. I didn't give it a perfect 5 because my nose is still getting flaky but that goes away if I exfoliate everyday. I also don't like the parabens in the ingredients. But besides that its a very simple cream that has no scent and it feels like its feeding my skin just what it needs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Walko

This an an excellent used as a night cream for the face and it can be used anywhere on the body but I love it for my face. Usually these days I use an antioxidant rich night cream , but sometimes all your skin needs is a good old fashioned drink! This is a superb cream and it does contain ceramides and hyaluronic acid.This is just simply a wonderful moisturiser, leaves skin baby soft, no unnecessary irritants like fragrance or artificial colorants and does what it's supposed to do....moisturise. I've spent a fortune over the years on fancy department store creams but this is as good as many of them,in some cases better.Even great around eyes, no irritation whatsoever.This would be suitable for most skin types except if you're oily I would go for the lotion. But if you're dry and you want something you can just slather on without looking like a greaseball(it absorb's well ) try this.Yes I still use my antioxidant products some nights and this on others and I use a retinol serum under this cream, so I'm still reaping the benefits of these additional products, but really this is one product I won't be without. And it's so cheap! This is a winner.One last thing, I'm not keen on jars as antioxidants have to be protected from air and light but as this is not an antioxidant product this does not apply.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cream is very versatile! I prefer using this at night on my face and body. I will sometimes use this on my body during the day if I'm feeling a bit dry. I like to also use this as an eye cream at night.

Texture: Very thick, White cream. It's a little harder to spread all over (the body, but not a problem for the face) because of the thickness. I can see why they offer it in a tub because of that fact, since it takes more product to get it everywhere good.

Scent: It has no distinguishable scent that I could think of comparing it too. It's not bothersome. The Scent goes away when it dries/soaks up.

Finish: Dries matte, not greasy at all (probably one of the reason's it's harder to spread everywhere). Probably takes 10 minutes to dry.

Effects: I wake up and my skin is so smooth. It's not oily/greasy feeling at all. It really helps my skin from looking dry/peeling. The skin around my eyes are very soft too. This hasn't broken me out and is helping to balance my skin out so it's not overproducing oil.

*I have been using the foaming CeraVe cleanser and this combination has worked well. I have yet to try it with the Hydrating CeraVe cleanser.

The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging. I know that there's a pump on amazon that would fit this but I felt like it was kind of expensive. I can see this product lasting a long time and I worry that I'll introduce bad stuff to it (that will sit in it for possibly a year or however long it takes to run out), cause me to breakout or degrade the product, thus wasting it.

So I went out to Walmart and bought a set of two little eye cream size tubs and a squeeze tube (near the travel sizes shampoos, toothbrush holders, soap container section) for about 2 dollars. I filled a clean Ziploc bag of the cream and squeezed it into the squeeze tube (like piping icing) and spooned it into the eye tub.

It was a little bit of work but now I can take it in my purse and not worry about contamination. And I keep the little eye cream size container in my bathroom mirror, takes up next to no space and it's prettier. I store the big ol' CeraVe tub under the sink and refill containers as necessary.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

never tried on face so have no idea how it works on the face

BUT

hand= cured my itchy dry eczema
neck= cured my itchy dry eczema
arms= cured my itchy dry eczema
legs= no longer dry

AMAZING and the price is good for such a large tub

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently ran out of a tub of this, but it wasn't until I read the reviews on here that I realized how amazing CeraVe can be and how many uses there are for it. I only used it to moisturize my very dry, ashy legs (and sometimes my very dry feet). I liked that it hydrated them without being too greasy and leaving a film. Unfortunately, I did not do this regularly enough to feel its effects long-term. I also added a different ceramide solution to the jar and forgot to completely close the lid, so the top of the lotion congealed after a while. I plan to re-buy this and test out CeraVe on my face and even my scalp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a PC fan but the HG moisturizer that I've used for years has just gotten to expensive (PC Skin Recovery). I tried several other moisturizers and they've either caused milia or allergic reactions. This CeraVe Cream was my last effort to find a cost-effective replacement. HOME RUN!!! I also bought the CeraVe lotion which is a lighter moisturizer. I use it during the day under my s/s and m/u and use this cream at night and/or around my eyes. I also use this cream on my body and feet.

My only complaint is the huge jar - epsecially not fun to use when you get to the bottom of the jar. I bought a pump off Amazon that fits it perfectly and I like using the product more with the pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by blar1813

I initially ordered this product on recommendation by r/skincareaddiction, and it was working wonders for my skin! I have had oily skin for years, but found out it was because my skin was dehydrated. I was using it for about a month before a LOT of cystic acne and whiteheads showed up along my jawline. I still have some PIH, but it's cleared up for the most part. I still had a huge tub left, so I decided to use it on my arms, where it's just been moisturizing me! I really love the feel of the lotion, and the smell is not overwhelming like a lot of other lotions. I'll continue to buy this as a lotion for my arms, but will never use it on my face again!

Also, it was a little weird that the bottle didn't have any kind of foil or plastic covering when I opened it. I almost took it back for a refund! Apparently they don't sell it with a protective cover.