CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.3

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 7/2/2015 7:13:00 PM

Easy on the wallet
If only a pump,
you would be perfection
Thank god for Amazon.

This is my HG moisturizer. I have almost reptilian, desert skin in the winter and this is what I wear both night and day during that season. In spring/summer, because the area in which I live gets humid, I save it strictly for night purposes. However, it really does work to soothe my dryness and get some moisture back into it. My skin shows when I don't use it, as applying makeup the next day becomes a Herculean task of trying to add moisture back in that I may have accidentally neglected.

The big downside to this product is that it does not come with a pump, so it is a slight bit on the unhygienic side if you choose to dip your hands in. For me, it was well worth the pump as I'm on my second tub and have no plans of giving it up anytime soon. As other users have mentioned, it can leave a slight film on your face, but splashing a little water on you will get rid of it.

Pros:

- Cheap
- Effective at moisturizing skin
- Contains niacinamide (helps to prevent skin from losing moisture)

Cons:

- No pump
- Leaves a slight film

on 6/15/2015 3:20:00 AM

I gave this produce 4/5 because it's great, just a little too expensive and I feel like I might find something better, BUT! Here are my thoughts

Pros
-This lotion will really lock in moisture, you feel your skin plumping up
-Non-greasy
-No offensive scent (there's a slight scent, other wise it's unscented)
-Your skin just feels like a baby's butt
-A little goes a long way

Cons
-Super thick/ feels heavy sometimes
-Kind of expensive (for the initial cost, over time I think it pays for itself)
-Packaging is a hassle (jar instead of a pump or squeeze tube)
-Packaging is also a little unhygienic

This is a lotion for people who have dry skin all year around. If it's winter, this baby is your best friend. It'll keep moisture in and keep you warm. If it's summer? Try to go for something a little bit more thin. This lotion should be for the body, I wouldn't put it on my face. It's too rich however, you could put just a little bit if you're feeling tight.

on 6/3/2015 3:50:00 PM

Perhaps, it was my fault for applying this on my face. I was just really happy with the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser that I thought I should try the rest of the product line. My dermatologists' office highly recommends Cerave Products and suggested I try this moisturizing cream on my face in order to restore my damaged skin barrier. Unfortunately, it did not pair well with my overly sensitized skin. I developed allergic, red bumps everywhere on places where I applied the cream on. This could just be because my face is highly sensitized at the moment, but I thought I was making a safe bet by using this as it is deemed a very gentle product..

I ended up giving the jar away to my mom. She does not use it on her face but does apply it on her body in conjunction with her normal moisturizer during the winter months. It works well for her. My suggestion would be to only use this on your body if you have sensitive skin on your face.

on 5/26/2015 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to think this cream was only for the body, but found out it is also officially recommended for use on the face as well. I have been looking for a rich moisturizer that I can use on my acne-prone skin. I use retin-A micro which makes my skin pretty dry/flaky but for years I would just use it without any additional moisturizer at night because I am so paranoid about breaking out. My skin doesn't like any products with petroleum/mineral oil. Most products with plant oils cause breakouts for me too. So it has been a long search for a suitable product that is hydrating enough!

I was very apprehensive about trying this on my dry, acne-prone skin but decided to do so after reading many positive reviews from others with the same skin type. Now that I've used this for a few weeks, I can say this really hydrates so well without causing any breakouts! In fact I have not even been using retin-A at all for the past week (I am able to stop using it sometimes) and still no breakouts with regular use of the CeraVe cream.

I am a CeraVe fan and tried their PM facial lotion before but it's not as hydrating - it's a thin texture, with almost identical ingredients to the Cerave body lotion (not cream). The PM also contains an ingredient, Polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, that I know from experience causes breakouts for me.

FYI this is also sold in a 1.89oz SQUEEZE TUBE which I found at CVS and you can also find it online. (At CVS it's in the skincare aisle in a small display, with smaller sizes of treatment creams/lotions from various brands such as Amlactin and others). It costs more ($4.99) but worth it for the more stable & hygienic packaging vs. the big tub... & still a cheap price to pay for a good face cream! (Ceramides are the key ingredient and those are not as stable in jar packaging). Plus CVS has a great rewards program with frequent coupons that I can use toward this product.

on 5/24/2015 10:56:00 AM

I really like this moisturizer. I got it in a trial pack with the Cerave hydrating cleanser (which I have a review on as well). I wasn't a big fan of the cleanser but this moisturizer was really nice. I like how light it is. It absorbs well, if you don't use a lot of it. A little goes a long way. It definitely would be great for those nasty winter months. Mine didn't come in the jar, it came in a squeeze tube. I don't know if that's just because it was a trial size or if they have others on the market in the same tube just bigger. I would have continued to use this product but my dermatologist put me on Epiduo and advised me to use something else that doesn't have so many medical ingredients in it.

on 5/16/2015 6:22:00 PM

I love this cream and it moisturizes really well. My dermatologist introduced me to this product and its very good for sensitive acne prone skin. It does not clog pores and gets the job done. It has a good texture not greasy at all.

on 5/12/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG cream! I have oily, acne prone skin and have used this on my face and it is amazing. I recently started using it all over my body after my dermatologist recommended it and this stuff is so amazing! Really moisturizing and sinks into the skin extremely well. My only complaint is that it is a little pricey, at about $14 a tub.

on 5/10/2015 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff! I was overexfoliating my skin trying in vain to make sebborheic dermatitis go away on the sides of my nose and using products that were too harsh when my dermatologist told me to simplify, simplify, simplify! She recommended this and I have never looked back. I apply this product in the morning after my sunscreen (Elta MD UV Clear) and in the evenings 20 minutes after my Walgreens AHA cream or Tretinoin. It keeps my skin hydrated and the price is good for the volume. I wish it came with a pump; however, I purchased one for $6 on Amazon.

on 5/9/2015 1:57:00 PM

The lotion is much more moisturizing than the cream for some odd reason. Feels thick and is hard to blend out on skin. Gave me tons and tons of blackheads on my forehead. While it did not give me acne it definitely contributed to this breakout I had a couple months ago that gave me very inflamed acne that caused indented scars even without picking. Don't recommend it for skin with a damaged barrier that always feels tight because this will just make skin feel tighter and less hydrated. This cream is a very weird texture. It's super thick but not greasy at all when applied to face. I recommend for use on body but 100% not on face if you are struggling with moderate acne/severe acne.

on 4/17/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My husband starting using this a couple of months ago at the recommendation of his dermatologist for extremely bad eczema. He had a sudden horrible eczema outbreak (all over his head, neck, back and face) and CeraVe has really worked. All the redness and bumps are gone. He's using it every day now for maintenance as per his derm's advice. He shaves his head and face every other day (which highly irritates his skin) and this stops that irritation and so far has prevented new eczema bumps. I use it occasionally on my arms and legs as it helps maintain skin's natural moisture barrier. Superb product and very affordable for a very large jar. Also good as a basic face moisturizer as it contains ceramides and hylauronic acid.

Top Rated CeraVe Products