October 30, 2014 | 1756 users online

Hair - LUSH - Washday Greens

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by BeckyDunmall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo smells amazing, very minty and it left my hair lovely and clean... but it unfortunately stripped the colour from my hair terribly. If I didn't have dyed hair I would definitely buy again, but until then I'm staying clear!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by OceanSiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous minty shampoo. Lovely rich green colour. Does a fabulous job of cleaning oily grubby hair, leaves hair shiny, bouncy and manageable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2004 5:28:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mmmm. The smell is wonderful. This is a mintier version of what I wanted Tramp to smell like - dark and herby mint. As far as shampooing goes, I like Cynthia Sylvia Stout better for my thick, curly hair - but this is good for days when my hair needs a little extra cleaning. It's a bit stripping, though, if your hair is colored.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2004 4:16:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best shampoo I've ever used for getting my super greasy hair squeaky clean. I love the minty/grassy scent and the dark green color. I'm bummed they discontinued this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2003 12:56:00 PM More reviews by blushed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this. It's minty but not too much. Great for waking me up in the morning. Great for alleviating my hangover headache. Great for this perpetual hot humid climate I'm in. The colour's great too - different.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2003 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This shampoo does a great job of cleaning oily hair. I did get a little tired of the minty smell. It's nice in the summer, but in the winter I prefer something more soothing and "warm".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2003 3:12:00 AM More reviews by cremebrulee

Wonderful! My greasy fine hair is so squeaky clean and bouncy without being dried out. It neutralizes the smell of greasy scalp too. My scalp tingles, is clean and healthy now.It does have a runny consistency but it's a very small price to pay. Be cautious about pouring because if you tip the bottle too much too much product will be wasted. Despite runny texture a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2003 3:09:00 AM More reviews by haloinrverse

overall this is a nice shampoo from lush. ill use up what i have, but ill probably try all of their other shampoos before going back to this one.
the extremely dark color is kind of off putting, and i dont get the feeling very much of the color comes from natural plant extracts. im not too concerned with chemical free, natural shampoo, but for a company that makes natural products, their shampoos are full of the same stuff as any other shampoo.
the scent was really nice, mostly spearmint and somthing else....something sharp, yet nice. (edited: ive figured out what the sharp scent is: fresh pineapple. not sickly sweet pineapple, but that acerbic fresh bite that hits your nose.) the scent is very natural, and herbal. i had to use an obscene amount to get a good lather, but i dont mind much, since its relatively cheap. i agree that its a bit runny. it leaves my hair very clean without feeling stripped or too squeaky.
review challenge 04/13-04/19 continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2002 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lilitu93

This shampoo does help with body (I have fine, thin hair) and doesn't wash hair color out. It also smells really nice. I think it might make my scalp itch, however (from the mint). But then my scalp randomly itches anyway sometimes, so I just use Nizoral a couple of times to get it normal again. I need to try it again to see if it was the shampoo or not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2002 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must have ordered this a dozen times over the years. It's a good, reliable shampoo that works well and smells incredibly minty and fresh. If you love the feel of clean, bouncy hair, (no matter if it is normally dry, damaged, normal or oily to start with) get this and discover one deliciously effective shampoo.