April 18, 2014 | 1351 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

This face powder is a staple in my makeup bag. I am 15 years old HS student with finicky teen skin - oily on the forehead, dry everywhere else, and very sensitive to fragrances, heavy mineral oils and chemicals. I am not acne prone but I do get little whiteheads and blackheads sometimes. I have this powder in "Beige", it's way too dark for my face but it matches my NC30 tan neck and body perfectly, which is what matters. It's very loosely pressed and can get a bit messy; it's also highly pigmented. You only need a little for light/medium coverage and can easily be built up to full coverage when you need it. At first it looks a bit powdery but within 20 minutes or so it sets and looks just like my skin, but better. Throughout the day it controls my oily skin without looking too matte or grossly powdery - it just looks like balanced, happy skin. Easy to bring with me and touch up throughout the day. I use my MAC buffing brush to apply, after conditioning my skin with Josie Maran Argan Oil Light and it looks flawless. I like the packaging - not the prettiest ever; but it works and I like the mirror. Small compartment and brush it came with is useless to me - I always use my own brushes. But that's a small inconvenience to how amazing this powder is.
Plus, my sensitive skin wears this powder for 9 hours a day for 4 months now, and hasn't broken out or felt irritated at all. My skin hasn't broken out in forever. LOVE THIS, it will be in my makeup bag forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Nova0407

I like this product, it doesn't break my out or clog my pores, and it covers pretty good. I use it with my Elf Kabuki brush and to add more coverage I pat the powder in with my Elf powder brush. This powder is only full coverage if you use the sponge pad that it comes with and sweep it on your face but I find it gives a cakey look. I have oily skin and my face gets shiny after about an hour of wear. Although I'm not IN LOVE w/ it, I will continue to use it and repurchase because it's the only powder I've tried that hasn't worsened my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by BabyPaey4

I absolutely love this! I have acne-prone skin and suffer from severe breakouts, so I resort to makeup to cover it up, thus clogging my pores and making it worse. I had been doing this cycle for about two years, all the while purchasing product after product to try and hide the acne or treat it--but nothing worked; I only made it worse, and had a pile of products in my drawer.

My mom told me I should try the mineral wear makeup, but I dismayed her saying it wouldn't hide the acne. Eventually, I caved in an bought the "acne prone" set with the pressed powder, air-brushing powder, and blush. It has literally changed my life! I will never go back to liquid foundations after using this.

This make-up, you can easily layer to hide the stubborn acne marks without having to worry about it clogging your pores. When my acne is really bad, I sometimes use a medicated concealer with salicylic acid, with the foundation on top. Absolutely no redness! I find when I do this and don't take my make-up off at night, my skin actually looks clearer in the morning too! (weird, I know)

I have also used this on my sister, who has no acne problems, and it makes her skin look flawless! This is just a great brand, and compared to the price of Bare Minerals or the department store brand, you can't beat it, especially for the quality! I do recommend buying your own brushed though!

For those who often drop their make-up, as I do, this one hasn't broken, and I've had it for months; a huge plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by arlenerubio27

This is one of my favorite products. It is light and natural looking on my skin. I use this as my bronzer and I use this in the Sand Beige finish. I have dry, acne prone skin and this keeps me looking fresh and flawless. The packaging is a bit bulky for me since I never use the build in brush it comes with but the mirror is a nice feature. I find this product in most CVS stores.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by graciapaige

I really like this product on the days I have school and don't want to put on a full face of makeup. Its very light weight and needs minimal touch ups throughout the day. I find that it does get cakey if I touch up more than twice.
But it broke me out terribly if I didn't have moisturizer and a primer on. If it sat on my skin with no barrier, I would wake up the next day with at least five new breakouts. I'm not to found of that aspect of this powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

I bought this in "translucent" but this powder is not translucent at all. I put a light dusting all over my face and my face is significantly lighter than my neck. It also looks really cakey and has this odd sheen to it. It looks like this would be better used as a natural highlighter than for all over the face because it makes you look ... plasticky?? It's not a cute look. The packaging is a little large and clunky, but at least the snap closure is really tight and secure! I wouldn't purchase this again and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone else. Plus, it's really expensive for a drugstore product. I purchased mine at Walmart for $13? Definitely taking it back and getting a refund.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was using Rimmel Stay Matte powder for a long time, but I found that most of them have a slight pink tint to them (too pink for my skin).

This powder is the first that has even been a match for my pale, peachy, yet yellow colored complexion. When I check my reflection in my car mirror, my face matches my neck! (Translucent Light)

I love the minimal ingredients in this color in particular. The darker colors seem to have other things added, like parabens. This is also the best setting powder I have ever used. My makeup seriously doesn't budge at all the whole day. I've never witnessed the phenomenon, and thought that long lasting face makeup was merely a myth. Rimmel is great, but my oil would come through after a couple of hours.

My only gripe is the price. Their brand has always been the "high-end" of the drugstore for me. They are usually part of the aisle I never partake in, regardless of where I am. Working part-time, it is hard to drop a lot of money in general, especially on one thing. Most people may not relate to this, but handing the guy $15 at CVS the other day made me die on the inside a little.

Maybe it's for the fabulous packaging. Each one comes with a mirror, and a second compartment for a brush -- that I use to dust my keyboard. I wish they sold packaging with refills, because their packaging is super strong. It seems like such a waste to me.

This being said, getting the most out of my foundation is so worth it to me in the end. After unloading trucks at work, in a stock room with no AC, I don't have to wash off my half melted face makeup and redo it over again for class, wasting foundation. I will invest the $11-$13 dollars for this, as long as they make it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by abiburgess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I FREAKIN LOVE THIS POWDER. I've been looking for a full-coverage powder so that I can wear just that without foundation, and this one's been great! It hasn't broken me out, it looks nice, and I don't end up too oily! It's a little pricey ($11.00 ish?) but I, personally, think it's worth it, because it's lasted a long time for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by kendallr123

I use this powder in translucent and it does the job well with some blending. The added SPF is a major positive aspect for me as i use it in conjunction with an SPF moisturizer. It goes on smoothly and stays on for most of the day. it does not make my face look powdery, and is not thick, but the perfect amount of light coverage. the only thing im not crazy about is the compact design. the mirror and brush are located below the powder disk, so i feel like i lift the dish up to use the brush, spilling powder (this can get very loose once you get dusting). i usually use is with a separate mirror compact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Impressive, excellent powder - I wear this in Buff Beige for summer or Creamy Natural in the winter (NC25-30 in MAC, Bobbi Brown Beige for reference). It's the softest powder I've ever used, almost like butter on my brush. it. It has an SPF of 16 with 6% Titanium Dioxide and 4.2% Zinc Oxide, making it perfect for touching up during the day for a bit of extra SPF protection.

Very soft on skin too, natural looking and not dusty or drying. I prefer this to MAC's careblend powder or even La Mer's loose powder which I use as well, but found these a bit too "dusty" - the PF one is almost cream-like, fluffy and you only need to lightly tap your brush against the compact to pick it up, no digging or repeated brush mashing. Be careful not to drop this one as mentioned above, as it is quite soft, creamy and and may break easily, although this has never happened to me (yet!). It has light coverage. I use it alone just to prevent an oily t-zone or to even out my skin and also to set foundation without that heavy look and feel of powder.

In all honesty - this is the only powder I've used which does not emphasize or cause dry patches nor feel heavy, and having combination skin, I've tried so many different types of powders I have lost count. Before leaving my house in the mornings, I always check my skin in a mirror beside a window to see if everything is blended well and if any make-up is visible in natural daylight - and this passes my test. I hope they never discontinue this powder, I love it!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No