September 23, 2014 | 1621 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Volume Exact Waterproof [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Blanca009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was my favorite! Then they discontinued it. I tried a bunch of others and nothing compared. The closest one I've found (and am happy with now) is the covergirl lash exact waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Gizzy06

I have short straight eyelashes & this Mascera was the only Mascera that actually held a curl after curling my lashes. The best Mascera - drug store & high end. I'm so upset this was discontinued. I have tried numerous other Masceras don't even come close to this. I'm very tempted to order it on amaze or ebay but just worried it might not be the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by alej4444

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best mascara I have ever used was Cover Girl's Volume Exact (waterproof formula), but now they have discontinued it, although you can still get it online. 'CG's volume exact waterproof formula' makes it look like you have fake lashes on but still natural looking. Also, this is the only mascara I've used that keeps the curl in my lashes. 'CG's volume exact non-waterproof formula' does not provide the same fake lash look and doesn't keep the curl in your lashes. So it is something about the brush and the formula in 'CG's Volume Exact waterproof formula' that provide you with that natural but fake lash look. I don't wear mascara everyday, but it provides you the effect that you want when you do wear mascara. Hope they bring it back! Apparently they didn't do a very good job at marketing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Applicator:
    Rubber bristles. This style of applicator evenly coats your lashes, as well as define & separate enough during application that you don't need to comb afterwards. I haven't used a mascara with a traditional brush wand since I tried rubber bristles, as I find they just clump chunks of lashes together and require lots of combing to separate.

Easy to Hold:
    Yes. The grip on the wand isn't too fat or awkwardly shaped, and is made of a shiny plastic that isn't slippery so is easy to hold on to. The wand isn't as long and thin as some mascaras (eg Maybelline Define-A-Lash) so it's comfortable to use.

Easy to Use:
    Yes. The stopper in the tube scrapes off enough mascara so you don't end up with an applicator that is goopy with too much product and requires wiping or blotting. The applicator is slim enough that you can get right to the root of your lashes (both top and bottom) without accidentally smearing mascara on your eyelid, waterlines or lashlines. The tapered tip lets you get right to your tiny inner corner lashes, all of the bottom lashes, and coat any lashes that were missed at the outer corner. It is also very easy to scrape extra mascara off the tip so you don't weigh down your inner lashes.

Lashes Achieved:
    Defined & Volumised. A light application will darken & define your lashes with a little volume, a few more coats will add lots of volume. Doesn't add much length.

Buildable:
    Yes. You can apply several layers to build up extra definition or volume without clumping, spidery lashes, or too much mascara on the lash tips.

Holds a Curl:
    As it is waterproof, yes.

Flakes/Smudges:
    As it is waterproof, no. Though if your lashes get wet (tears, rain or swimming) you will lose the defined look and have clumpy chunks of lashes.

Formula/Consistency:
    Perfect - not too wet or dry. You can use the mascara straight away without having to wait a few days or weeks for it to dry out to a manageable consistency.

Perfect For:
    Makeup or mascara beginners; someone who wants a mascara that can give buildable volume; someone who needs a truly waterproof formula.

Recommended:
    YES. TO EVERYONE.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by susan1326

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I always come back to this mascara! It's the only one, high end or drugstore, that doesn't smudge under my eyes. And you can pile on coat after coat without waiting for each coat to dry. I am buying it on eBay now. Why did it have to be discontinued?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by helensung

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the only mascara that I really really like...don't understand why they discountinued this product. Please bring it back...please :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I used this for years before branching out and trying new products with good reviews on MUA. I pulled this back out of my makeup drawer this morning after months of using the others and I can't for the life of me remember why I was even looking for something different! I have naturally long lashes, but this mascara just makes them look so perfect. It's a true black, seperates my lashes, doesn't smudge or flake on me and keeps my curl all day. I was starting to think I was getting dark under eye circles, now I realize it was just smuding from the other mascaras I was trying. I will never stray again. Welcome back old friend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Omykiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

OMG!!! I grabbed this out of my Moms makeup bag this morning, just for a change of pace. I don't really know why I decided to do so, but I am glad I did!! I guess Mom knows best!

*Curl lasted perfectly all day long, I am truly impressed
    *The semi-odd brush did an amazing job of separating and fanning out my lashes
    *The formula glided on smoothly and I achieved beautiful definition with less effort than other mascaras

I admit, the volume and length were not "ultra dramatic", but... when I see eyelashes I envy, they are not usually fat, pitch black, and reaching eyebrow lengths. I envy lashes that are a defined, gorgeously perfect fan of separated, curled beauty that frames the eye. That is what I accomplished with this mascara today (and all day), and I am floored....!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG mascara! I have always used DiorShow Waterproof mascara but it has such a high price tag. This does almost exactly what DiorShow does but at an awesome price. Separates, volumizes, lengthens, holds curl. Only complaint kind of annoying to take off. I use avocado oil and it helps.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by acceber200

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the most impossible lashes to curl on the planet, so i was very very happy to find that this held my curl beautifully. im not quite sure on the exact price because this was given to me, but im fairly certain it was very cheap. Also a plus, it did well in seperation and length. The brush was small and the brisles easily glided through my lashes. on the downside, the actaul waterproof-ness was not impressive. I wore this to the pool, and when i was done swimming, i found that i had nasty raccoon eyes that were difficult to remove. I also wore this in the shower, and the mascara had flaked off and my curl disappeared. Also, it is difficult to remove (I use neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover), and it flakes when in contact with water.