September 16, 2014 | 1954 users online

Liquid - Bloom - liquid foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by mujipencilcase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this foundation for ages which I know is absolutely gross but it has maintained its integrity and I haven't broke out in spots so it's a green light for me. When I first bought it, I have to say I didn't like it at all. It's too sheer for me and it still is. Hence, it doesn't cover my blemishes and scars plus it didn't apply well on my skin, somehow it didn't adhere even after using a face primer. The shade almost matches my skin tone probably a little too light. Its base 2. I do like the smell, it was the lavender that sealed the deal so I bought it plus it has some spf, which wasn't found in many foundations at the time I bought it. So because it didn't rock my boat, I put it aside and continued to use Revlon colourstay liq foundation. Another good thing is that it doesn't oxidise so much as Revlon and stays on well enough to be acceptable for my standards. Now, fast-forwarding to present time and now I have been using it consecutively for 7 days and ongoing and I like it a lot. What's different this time around is that I guess I don't mind that it doesn't cover my blemishes but it does conceal my redness and evens out my skin tone (my forehead is slightly more darker than the rest of my face). I believe what has made a difference is the brush that I am using, I haven't used it without my brush yet. I don't intend to as I don't want to get dirty and why would I want to when the brush does such a great job. Having it on my face makes it very natural looking and doesn't feel heavy but this would be ideal for one that has perfect flawless skin. Oh, another thing I like about it, is the pump and how it has a spring so it pushes up the product as you use it so no wastage and wondering how to scrap out the remaining drop of foundation off the bottom of the bottle. I also like the consistency, its stays in form and doesn't run off the back of your hand. I would actually given it 3 and a half lipsticks as the overall rating and maybe if the price was cheaper then I might buy it again at a whim.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Frodofan

I found that this porduct worked really well on my skin. I generally have rather oily skin, and it did not cause many breakouts to occur after use. The shade matched my skin tone near perfectly, and it just has an overall subtle, gentle, natural look and feel about it. I would recommend it, and I will most likely purchase it again some time in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by lolacupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very sheer foundation. It seems more like a TM than liquid foundation. It smells nice. It has lavander oil and SPF 8. Base 2 is a bit light for me. I don't know if I will repurchase(it hasn't broken me out yet). The packaging is nice b/c it has a pump! Hallelujah! I got this for $5 at ULTA. I would recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Jacobean5

I've never purchased a foundation that I was absolutely un-able to wear in public... until now.
I was really happy about finding a foundation that had lavender oil in it. I've used lavender oil before to help with acne flair ups.
This foundation is like water. I tried applying it with my foundation brush and my fingers but nothing helped.
I'm going to try Blooms mineral foundation next and I'll hopefully have better results!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 11:59:00 PM More reviews by claudias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the smell of this foundation and the tone 2 is not too bad for my light olive skin but the product is more like a tinted moisturiser, not a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Mia87

I have this foundation and I can tell that its excellent. It has very nice soft lavinder/herb smell. It has nice consistency and looks beutiful and natural when you put it on. However, this is not for those who want to cover pimples and blimishes, it is more for nice skin which needs a bit of perfection. I have also realised it gives me very nice illumination and doeasnt wear off easily. I also have new revlon colourstay active which I use on more rainy days when I need more cover, but I definetly prefer blooms. I will definetly buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2006 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MicrowavedKitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Alright, I bought this in a little boutique shop in Shade 4 (there weren't very many to choose from, but this blends PERFECTLY in my skin). I love it! It has a nice smell, although it might be too much for some people. It blends smoothly and makes your skin look nice and dewy. **NOTE**: If using this, prep your skin to allow best coverage. I have slightly dry skin with maybe minor acne problems during The-Time-Of-The-Month but I do have some marks from when I was thirteen and thought I should scrape off all acne with my fingernails. Yeouch! Other than that, my skin is pretty okay except for maybe sallowness. Yeah, so after I use this, I use Stila perfecting concealer because coverage is pretty minimal (which is good if you want to keep a natural look), and I'm good to go! =]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Friskywhiskers

This is now my standard foundation - I love it. I even love the smell! On properly prepped skin, it gives me a wonderfully even, natural finish.

I use it with a little Laura Mercier Secret Camoflage concealer on breakouts and Bobbi Brown concealer under my eyes, as I don't like to have heavy coverage all over. I have combination/oily skin and prep my skin with a light moisuriser or Beauty Flash Balm on special occasions.

I use Base Two which is very similar to Bobbi Brown's Ivory shade. It is creamier and more forgiving that then BB foundation, I find. In midsummer I sometimes switch up to Base Three. It's a shame there aren't more colours in the range...

1 lippie removed on packaging because the lid always breaks, but the pump-action bottle is very good.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2005 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Kayli

i bought this three times before i found something better but only because i was young and just started out with makeup and didn't know better. i didn't like the fact that it tingled and smelled but the color was good enough so, at the time i said what the hell. i hate the lack of coverage (for my oily acne-prone [read: acne-filled + scarred] skin) but since it is tinted moisturizer, it's up to you. i used to sell bloom at my salon (discounts!) so i tried a lot of their products. honestly, i don't really like bloom. most of their product cost is made up in the packaging. their products performance is okay but nothing worth its retail value. most of their product are very sheer, like this foundation. if anything, their strong points are in their eye shadow...good choice of colors and texture. i tried their concealer = boo! color cream = blah! lip glaze = ugh! mascara = yuck! overall, this product is good if you have relatively clear skin and/or need help with mild redness or skin dicoloration. pump the foundation into your hands and wait a while. as it thickens, it creates a better coverage while maintaining its sheerness. but ultimately i don't recommend this at all, considering its price and value (or there lackof).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2005 10:22:00 AM More reviews by li_33

This is one of my favourite foundations. It's light and neutralizes the redness in my face. It doesn't feel heavy or cakey and looks very natural. Some people find it oily but I don't. And I have combination skin. The pump is good and sanitary. It also has SPF 8.