December 17, 2014 | 1706 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Mncooper90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!!! For my birthday this year, my mom bought me Bare Escentuals foundation, concealer, and mineral veil in medium as well as a concealer brush and a powder brush. This matches my skin perfectly! It also only takes a little bit to cover my skin, and will go a long ways! On top of that, it took me maybe ten minutes tops to apply, and my skin looks flawless and smooth! I'm extremely pleased with the results of these products and hope to find more Bare Escentuals makeup in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by GabGurl39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bare Minerals is the best make up I have ever used. It's so easy to swirl, tap and buff I can even do it without a mirror. I have very fair skin and this make up is such a perfect match I get the fair shade application is effortless. I also have very dry flakey skin, crappy genetics. So I always make sure my face is moisturized, flake free and I always use the primer. Put the primer on wait a few minutes and it's good to go. The primer gives you a perfectly smooth and even canvas to work with. Bare minerals goes on so effortlessly and it stays on all day, I have fallen asleep with it on and it's still there in the morning. A little goes along ways, I buy it at Ulta once every 4-6 months. The foundation doubles as a concealer and it works. I control how much coverage I want. I use the primer, foundation and mineral mineral veil, best stuff. I even put primer on my eyes dust with foundation and my eye shadow stays put all day even late into the night. My make up routine using Bare Minerals takes less then 15 minutes full face including eye make up as well. I am 45 years old, everyone says I look 10 years younger. Bare minerals also has this neat click and lock sifter so the powder doesn't spill out as soon as you take the lid off. Honestly no make up is going to make you happy, achieve the results you want if you don't take care of and prep the skin your putting it on. Bare Minerals is definitely the way to go.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

Not a fan of this foundation, you have to have PERFECT skin to wear this.

I found it was decent at hiding the colour of my acne but didn't look right on dry spots and almost actuated them. Also things like tiny bumps and flaws will be highlighted with this powder foundation.

Wouldn't repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Michaelasuzannah

Now this was the first mineral foundation I have come across and the coverage is good.. For about an hour. I used this for a year and realised recently that it's 100% the reason that my acne was getting worse and worse! After some research, it backed up my theory. I also always had make up slipping down my face with this stuff. So thank you bare minerals for advertising 'amazing, natural minerals' but actually giving me more acne & acne scars as a result

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first started using these products I thought they were overrated and bad quality but I grew love for these and I really hope that if you own them, you will too because they are good products and good results can come from them, it is all about using the right brushes and the right amount of powder on the lids. I recommend using about 4 sprinkles of the foundation onto the lid and 2 sprinkles of the powder onto the lid. Those are my guidelines for getting the most out of these products.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by imgracekelly

I wear this over the bare minerals foundation and I find that a little bit goes a long way. If I use any more than just two swipes over one part of my face I end up sparkly! (Which looks nice...just not for work).
I like the light feeling of this product and feel that it helps keep my make up looking fresh all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Suzie209

I used this product all throughout High School and I loved it! I had fabulous skin and rarely had breakouts. However in my mid 20's I became pregnant. That was the end of my BE love. My face would feel so hot and itchy! I called customer service and they told me it was common during pregnancy. I decided to switch and did not go back. I miss the mineral veil and the smooth finish, but I just couldn't use it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by jessraval0414

LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I have never felt so confident. I get do many compliments and it stays al day at school without reapplying it looks seriosuly do pretty and I look flawless. My pores look smaller and it has really improved my skin overall and my skin doesn't look shiny or oily in this makeup. It's the only kind that hasn't broken me out. I love bare essentials and it was prolly the best Christmas gift I have got(:

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by MeganRoseLane

I absolutely LOVE the finish Bare Minerals gives. Usually I avoid powder foundations, and happened to try it out by chance because my friend was wearing it and it looked GORGEOUS. It takes some practice, and you need the right brush (Which obviously ups the price) but once you've got the hang of it you'll be amazed. I personally use the original one & so many people have commented that my skin is glowing! Plus, if blended well, it looks like you have next to nothing on your skin. Don't just go putting it on with any old brush though - and definitely build in thinner layers to avoid blotchiness (powder, unlike fluid, is difficult to correct & you may end up having to take it all off and start over again!) When i'm going out I tend to wear Armani Luminous Silk foundation (6.5) and use Bare Minerals (Golden Tan) to set it and give myself more of a matte glow. (I'm an NC35/37 in MAC) x

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

I've been using Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 Foundation for nearly 2 years now. I'm using Fairly Medium C20, and I have sensitive, acne-prone combination skin, with a history of severe cystic acne.

I'm on the fence about this foundation because it has many pros & cons for me. Every time I try a liquid foundation, I break out.

PROS
--- perfect shade for my skin
--- does not cause *any* breakouts
--- completely covers mild rosacea / redness
--- quick to apply
--- if applied with ELF's powder brush, doesn't look like I"m wearing any makeup at all
--- it applied with ELF's powder brush, doesn't emphasize pores too much

CONS
--- easily can look cakey or chalky
--- easily will magnify pores in the cheeks / nose
--- will settle into any grooves / wrinkles / acne crater scars
--- mineral veil seems ineffective at mattifying & sealing in foundation

Overall, I've stuck with this because it evens my skin tone, hides my rosacea and discoloration from acne scarring, and doesn't cause me to break out. I have been trying liquid foundations because I would like to minimize my pore size, but every liquid foundation so far causes me to break out in regular or cystic acne. Many primers also cause me to break out. However, I suspect this product would work better with a primer beneath it.