March 1, 2015 | 2225 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2015 3:17:00 PM More reviews by hildamd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

+ Helped my acne
+ You can build up great coverage
+ Dont feel the product on your skin
+ You dont have to go and buy a new one every 6 months, mine has lasted for over a year

- If you use too much it gets orange
- The packaging isnt the best
- Doesn´t make you matte

I have this product in the matte 02 fairly light. I have oily and some acne (teenager) and this product really helped my acne! When I went for a facial last spring the girl at the counter told me about this product and i bought in. I still hasn´t run out of my first one, even though I have used it for at least everyday for 8 months, so you get a lot for the price. The coverage is really good, but not full, but that wasn´t what I looked for. You can builed up the covarege really much, but then the color (on me) turns kind of yellow, so I do not recommend that you do that unless that color works with your skintone. I tend to find that the best way to use it is to use a thin layer all over the face and they go in with a concealer brush and apply more directly on the pimples and redness and they using a paper towel to gently whipe away any access foundation. It doesn´t leave me matte, but I haven´t tried the original one, so I dont know what Im comparing to. Really recommend this to anyone with problem skin, it will help your skin much more that any other full coverade drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Mncooper90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!!! For my birthday this year, my mom bought me Bare Escentuals foundation, concealer, and mineral veil in medium as well as a concealer brush and a powder brush. This matches my skin perfectly! It also only takes a little bit to cover my skin, and will go a long ways! On top of that, it took me maybe ten minutes tops to apply, and my skin looks flawless and smooth! I'm extremely pleased with the results of these products and hope to find more Bare Escentuals makeup in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by GabGurl39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bare Minerals is the best make up I have ever used. It's so easy to swirl, tap and buff I can even do it without a mirror. I have very fair skin and this make up is such a perfect match I get the fair shade application is effortless. I also have very dry flakey skin, crappy genetics. So I always make sure my face is moisturized, flake free and I always use the primer. Put the primer on wait a few minutes and it's good to go. The primer gives you a perfectly smooth and even canvas to work with. Bare minerals goes on so effortlessly and it stays on all day, I have fallen asleep with it on and it's still there in the morning. A little goes along ways, I buy it at Ulta once every 4-6 months. The foundation doubles as a concealer and it works. I control how much coverage I want. I use the primer, foundation and mineral mineral veil, best stuff. I even put primer on my eyes dust with foundation and my eye shadow stays put all day even late into the night. My make up routine using Bare Minerals takes less then 15 minutes full face including eye make up as well. I am 45 years old, everyone says I look 10 years younger. Bare minerals also has this neat click and lock sifter so the powder doesn't spill out as soon as you take the lid off. Honestly no make up is going to make you happy, achieve the results you want if you don't take care of and prep the skin your putting it on. Bare Minerals is definitely the way to go.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

Not a fan of this foundation, you have to have PERFECT skin to wear this.

I found it was decent at hiding the colour of my acne but didn't look right on dry spots and almost actuated them. Also things like tiny bumps and flaws will be highlighted with this powder foundation.

Wouldn't repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Michaelasuzannah

Now this was the first mineral foundation I have come across and the coverage is good.. For about an hour. I used this for a year and realised recently that it's 100% the reason that my acne was getting worse and worse! After some research, it backed up my theory. I also always had make up slipping down my face with this stuff. So thank you bare minerals for advertising 'amazing, natural minerals' but actually giving me more acne & acne scars as a result

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first started using these products I thought they were overrated and bad quality but I grew love for these and I really hope that if you own them, you will too because they are good products and good results can come from them, it is all about using the right brushes and the right amount of powder on the lids. I recommend using about 4 sprinkles of the foundation onto the lid and 2 sprinkles of the powder onto the lid. Those are my guidelines for getting the most out of these products.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by imgracekelly

I wear this over the bare minerals foundation and I find that a little bit goes a long way. If I use any more than just two swipes over one part of my face I end up sparkly! (Which looks nice...just not for work).
I like the light feeling of this product and feel that it helps keep my make up looking fresh all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Suzie209

I used this product all throughout High School and I loved it! I had fabulous skin and rarely had breakouts. However in my mid 20's I became pregnant. That was the end of my BE love. My face would feel so hot and itchy! I called customer service and they told me it was common during pregnancy. I decided to switch and did not go back. I miss the mineral veil and the smooth finish, but I just couldn't use it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by jessraval0414

LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I have never felt so confident. I get do many compliments and it stays al day at school without reapplying it looks seriosuly do pretty and I look flawless. My pores look smaller and it has really improved my skin overall and my skin doesn't look shiny or oily in this makeup. It's the only kind that hasn't broken me out. I love bare essentials and it was prolly the best Christmas gift I have got(:

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by MeganRoseLane

I absolutely LOVE the finish Bare Minerals gives. Usually I avoid powder foundations, and happened to try it out by chance because my friend was wearing it and it looked GORGEOUS. It takes some practice, and you need the right brush (Which obviously ups the price) but once you've got the hang of it you'll be amazed. I personally use the original one & so many people have commented that my skin is glowing! Plus, if blended well, it looks like you have next to nothing on your skin. Don't just go putting it on with any old brush though - and definitely build in thinner layers to avoid blotchiness (powder, unlike fluid, is difficult to correct & you may end up having to take it all off and start over again!) When i'm going out I tend to wear Armani Luminous Silk foundation (6.5) and use Bare Minerals (Golden Tan) to set it and give myself more of a matte glow. (I'm an NC35/37 in MAC) x