November 27, 2014 | 1445 users online

Powder - Iman - Second To None Luminous Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by cocomomo80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation, for the first time, about 2-3 months ago or so. It matched my skin VERY well; I'm a Clay 2. I was intimidated at first, but then I learned how to use it.

The product can be used dry, with a brush (I use a Sigma F82 round kabuki, or the Bare Escentuals Feather Light brush), or wet, preferable, with a beauty blender sponge. I didn't notice a scent to the product. You have the option to build up coverage. The texture of the powder is very smooth; you can tell it was finely milled.

I love that it gives great coverage, almost instantly, and it goes on effortlessly. You can barely feel that it's on your face, which is FANTASTIC!

Now...there is a reason why this foundation is called "Luminous". As you apply the foundation, you can see fine bits of golden shimmer in the powder (especially in Sand 4 & Clay 3); this is supposed to give the "natural glow" that the product description hints towards. As someone with extremely oily skin, the last thing I want to do is put my natural shininess front-and-center; I like a matte look. To reduce the hints of golden shimmer, I would use a colored setting powder (like, YoungBlood's setting powder in Dark, or Ben Nye's Luxury Powder in Camel, etc. DON'T use a white translucent powder). Poof! Just like that, the "glow" transforms from a disco ball to a light radiance. I wish the foundation had no shimmer AT ALL, then it would be perfect.

TIPS:
1. Use a light hand with this product. Slowly build up, if needed.
2. Synthetic fiber brushes are the best brushes, I've found, to apply this foundation well.
3. If you're intimidated to wear this as a full-on foundation, then it makes a great highlighter.
4. This foundation is probably best for the summer, if you want to have that sun-kissed type of glow.
5. If you have dry skin, or combo skin, I recommend, first, gently pushing the powder into your skin with a brush, and then lightly blend it out; DON'T BUFF IT!
6. BEWARE if you have a lot of acne. This foundation will put them on display.

That's how you use this product. I hope I helped someone out there who might have been second guessing this foundation.

Happy shopping!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by ccws

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is by far the most AMAZING foundation that I have ever tried. I've made numerous attempts with different MAC foundations. I decided to give IMAN a try starting off with the cream to powder, loved the color match on my complexion but felt it was too full coverage. I then tried the pressed powder but it didn't provide enough coverage to wear alone. Fortunately came across a YouTube video with two sisters comparing it to MAC Mineralizer Skin Finish. Which was a product I'd tried unsuccessfully in my quest for finding a foundation. So I decided to give IMAN Luminious Foundation in Earth 2 a try. This was indeed a perfect match and provided enough buildable coverage. I DO NOT apply this foundation wet with the sponge! Instead I spray my Urban Decay Chill setting spray to a kabuki brush and dip it in the Luminious foundation then on to my skin. Once my face is complete with eye shadow, blush, mascara and all I top it off with my Urban Decay Chill setting spray. The result is absolutely flawess natural looking skin. I have never been happier with a foundation. Jumping for Joy!!! Such a beautiful glow there is no need for a bronzer!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by MissNyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I purchased this product after looking up a bunch of reviews online. I didn't see any negative ones so I decided to give it a try. I have been using Black Opal liquid foundation for some time and wanted to try something different, although I didn't find anything wrong with the black opal foundation to begin with. So after spending $18 plus tax on this product I was expecting something grand lol $18 compared to my $9 w/ black opal was a stretch for me. The packaging wasn't bad and I liked the idea of the foundation having the option to be wet or dry. I tried both and both sucked. I got my correct shade according to the color match found on the iman site but the foundation made me look so damn red, dark and dry. Like the other reviewers stated it really accentuated any flaws you may have and it also added some. Even with the "wet" option it still came out the same. I have combination skin but this product completely turned my face very dry. I DO NOT recommend this product. I'm upset I spent $18+ on something I cannot return lol

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product online since someone on youtube (i wont name names) compared it to MAC studo fix. This couldnt be farther from the truth.
Eventho i bought it online for 20CAD, the color matched me well. However, I cannot imagine leaving the house with this craptastic discoball powder on my face. It literally has no-so-finely milled glitters. DISGUSTING! It will accentuate each and every flaw on your skin.
I feel bad throwing products out so it just sits in my drawer. I do sometimes use it as a browbone highlight.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of the Iman's luminizing products - they are too glittery and gold/yellow for my cocoa brown complexion, but this compact (earth3) somehow stayed in my makeup bin. Recently I tried using it as hi-light and it works very nicely for that. A sweep on the top of cheekbones/under eye is little more subtle than my fave Cargo bronzer. Now I'm getting my brown girl Kardashian face on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by doublesweet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find you get oily after a few hours if not set properly. I tried Iman's powder but no luck. So I switched,I've been using Black Opal's transulcent powder to set and no more greasy face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gonna have to toss this one! I tried it with all of my foundations and every single time, it's left little bumps on my cheeks as well as around my chin area. The shimmer is too much and that's probably what's causing the bumps. I really wanted to like this but apparently, it doesn't like me, so in la garbagio it goes!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Jazzigyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for IMAN Luxury Radiance LIQUID Makeup and Second to None Semi Loose Powder.

I really like the foundation. Pictures come out amazing. It gives a very luminous finish just as the name suggests. I use Iman Semi-loose powder over this foundation, which is light-weight, and doesn't take away from the foundation's finish. I'll post a picture in my gallery. I mix Clay 1 & Clay 2 foundation, which gives me the perfect shade, and I use Clay Medium semi-loose powder. For reference purposes, I am a MAC NC44.

Unless you are an NC45 or NC46, I wouldn't get Clay 2 alone. I think Clay 1 alone would work well for NC 43 girls.

Oil Factor:
Although, this foundation boasts that it is oil-free, I was pretty oily after about 3 hours. I will have to find an oil control agent to use under the foundation. I am thinking of trying Loreal, since MUA ladies seem to love it.

The Packaging:
I really like the packaging. It's really easy to get the perfect amount of foundation out of the tube. The powder has the 'twist to dispense' feature. You twist the funnel and it grinds and dispenses the powder. It doesn't have a lock feature, but it doesn't need one since the powder is pressed until you twist and grind it - so no powder gets out unless you twist it.

Other products worn in Iman pictures are...
Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadow in Bad to the Bronze and Bold Gold
Maybelline Superstay 24 Lip Color in Continuous Coral

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

After using imans new mineral foundation and feel in love with it I vowed that I was done looking for any new foundations..but while at aafes on base while looking for some more afterglow bronzer I stumbled on imans luminous powder foundation, and I remember seeing someone on YouTube with it on and her skin looked flawless and all she used was this powder..so I got this in the same color as my liquid and I can honestly say I LOVE this more than Imams liquid...it's my new favorite foundation hands down...it feels light it doesn't break me out and I have oily skin..I have a red undertone and unlike most people I love my redundertone but it's so hard to find a foundation that ensituates my beautiful red undertone without looking orange, or most make for AA women caters to those with yellow undertones...and if I wear a foundation with any bit of yellow undertone it makes me look ill...But this gives me a flawless coverage i get compliments on how flawless my face looks and when taking pics with a flash it still looks flawless!! Ladies of your a girl who looks best in powder foundation you must try this you won't be disappointed!!!! And as a hint once I put this foundation on I use Urban Decay all nighter spray and it stays on a extra long time even after the club.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Thegoodbadugly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have oily skin then use this product sparingly because as it's named - it will add a luminous glow (this may be desirable depending on your environment and the season). I apply this lightly with a dampened stipple brush over her stick foundation. When I tried to use it as my primary foundation, it makes my face look way too oily. It does serve as a "buildable' spot/blemish concealer. I was disappointed that the cake somehow broke without any indication of damage to the case and now I have semi-loose powder. I'm switching to the Luxury Pressed Powder (clay medium dark) since my oil production level seems to be changing (increasing). I use Clay 5 (good for yellow undertone) in stick and luminous, tried earth 1in cream to pwder and liquid radiance) but it was too dark with red tone (goodbye, Fashion Fair). Purchased products from Walgreens, both online and at store, they've been good about exchanges - just have to lose out on the shipping fees. Let's see what happens when I attempt to take back the "damaged" item. Oh yeah, the case for this product is too bulky and as someone else commented there's not much in there.