October 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Eye Shadow - LORAC - Glam Rocks in Metallic Copper

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by k8andry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am an eyeshadow junkie, I wear it every single day. I have more than any person could ever need. That being said, this is my favorite eyeshadow ever. I actually dislike pigments and when I swapped for this, I wasn't expecting to like it. Even though it is not pressed, I still love it. The color and texture is that good. It is more of a brown than copper, and would look great on most skin tones! Would definately buy this again and again. The only thing I don't like is the bubbly container. I wish it was a little smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by muaviewer

I love this colour. I wear eyeshadow everyday and I would have to say that Urban Decay is my favourite eyeshadow brand. That being said, this Lorac Glam Rocks colour in Metallic Copper is one of my most favourite eyeshadows even in comparison to some of my UD favourites. To me, there is more a brown metallic to it than a copper. The Glam Rocks in Gold is actually more of a copper colour than this one despite the names. I love the texture of this eyeshadow; very pigmented but it goes on so smooth and it is buildable. I would definitely repurchase this colour, however I didn't find the other two colours in the Glam Rock line to my taste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in copper at Sephora and I am in love!! It comes in a little shaker bottle and like all pigments, a little goes a loooong way! The cooper shade was more bronzey than copper and shimmery but in a very elegant way. I am going back to buy the full size!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by rarii

The packaging is great for the texture: a shaker-type container with a big cup-shaped cap you can swirl a finger or a sponge or brush in.

I have this in the Metallic gold, it's a great color, truly metallic so it actually shows up on my skin (for years I used Stila's Oasis eyeshadow, which was about the same color but very sheer and undetectable in photographs). It's not too much like glitter, more like a chunky pigment.

Applying it was exasperating though. Maybe I just don't have the patience or expertise. I wanted to line my eyes with black liner and go around that with the gold. I put a cream shadow down first then went over that with the Glam Rocks using a brush, my finger, and a sponge, only to find that I kept getting gold flecks on my cheeks and under my eyes. Fix it later, I figured. I tried using a wet smudging sponge and that seemed to help, but now I was applying a gold paste that refused to go on smoothly. Fix it later. Then when I started lining my eyes with kohl, the pencil kept skipping over the gold and gathering bits of it on the tip. So I switched to liquid liner. Then I put on mascara, which kept picking up more gold flecks.

In the end I got the job done, although the look wasn't exactly what I wanted. It took too long to apply and fix and my fingers were smeared with gold and black afterwards. It's a good product, and a great color, but practice is needed to use it well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 8:09:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I bought this on a whim at sephora, even though I already have 3 or 4 other copper shadows, but I'm glad I got it! Glam rocks is a loose powder shadow that comes in a cute little salt shaker type of bottle. It can either be blended well with your shadow brush to create a smoother looking shimmer, or it can be gently tapped on the eyes to create a chunkier, glittery look. It is indeed very metallic looking, and looks great when I wear it with lots of black eyeliner and mascara! I would definitely recommend using some kind of cream shadow or eyeshadow base underneath, since this is a loose powder that needs something to grip to. I got mine for $16 at sephora, which is fair considering that I only use a little bit each time, so it will probably last quite awhile. Would definitely rebuy :)