July 30, 2014 | 2035 users online

Lipstick - Cargo - PlantLove Evangeline

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by bluemoods

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I loved this lipstick, Evangaline is a beautiful natural floral color perfectly peach and pink and it is a color found in nature but a color rarely seen in lipstick. This feels great on and its a gorgeous bright lipstick for girls who wont a real graphic bright lipstick but not too pink. I have yellow tones in my skin and the amount of orange/warm in it tends to tones down the pink enough to look gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

This lipstick blows me away. I love a good creamy orange coral and, as another reviewer mentioned, this is one of the most vibrant out there - the lipstick version of MAC's Gentle Coral tinted lip conditioner, neon softened with a hint of pink. The formula is great, I can lay it on thick or dab it on with a finget for a stained look and it doesn't bleed, feather, or dry out. Over lip balm or mixed with gloss it's a punchy wash of color and leans a little pinker. I've played with this on my friends and it looks great on everyone, although it's more flattering on tan and darker girls as a sheer wash. For pale girls this is a great and surprisingly pretty alternative to red lipstick. There's no taste, although it smells a little waxy in the tube. These are currently $10 at Sephora, but I would gladly pay the regular $20. Definitely give this a try if you love bold or juicy lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by sbrie011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is not for me. Too orange imo, plus lasting power isn't that great. I can get a similar effect from this lippie by using Revlon's Cha Cha Cherry very lightly over my lips- so not worth it. Glad I only paid $10 for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by CattySpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I know, I know this lipstick is like HOT ORANGE! But when you put it on, it's completely sheer and gives you a little hint of orange, mixing that with your natural lip color....it comes out a little pink. I absolutely adore this lipstick and everything about it. It's bold but subtle, the tube itself is cute (white with pink floral on it, heeeheee), and doesn't have a smell or waxy or greasy feel to it. I think it's around $20, not sure because I friend bought it for me. And honestly, it feels like you're just applying regular lipbalm on your lips. Good job Evangeline, beauitful shade! Especially if you're medium to tanned skin tone...it'll looks amazing on you. AND the ingredients are natural so you can lick your lips as much as you want an reapply, no harm done. Some of the profit goes to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, so it's much more than just a beauty product. I love Cargo everything, and this is the best so far because I know by purchasing their products, I am also giving something else to the world.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by xsparkage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! At MAC I'm an NC20 (give a little more tan) and this lipstick looks cute! It's definatly a springy lipstick and it gives my skin a more glowy color. There was no way I was walking out of Sephora without this! I gave the price a 2 because they are $20.00 but MAC's are $14-14.50 and these are ORGANIC which is really popular now. So why not spend the extra six? I LOVE THE PACKAGING! The tube is o.k. but the box is brilliant! You can plant it!
I will definatly buy this when it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by castlequeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I simply love this colour & the silky feel of Cargo's PlantLove lipstick in "Evangeline." It's $20 but it really adds a warm glow to my face colour. I use very little 'other' makeup, just a hint of cheek foundation and mascara & viola, I look fresh @ 44!! For that reason alone, I'll re-purchase. Truly, adds great moisture & satiny feel to my lips all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 2:39:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaCB

I can't wait to try and plant my box =) This color is too bright for me and does not work well with my light skin. I also have this is Sarah and I love love love that shade!! I think I will try it in Lindsay next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love the texture and emollience of PlantLove lipsticks. My first was Lindsay, and i just purchased Evangeline.
E seems a little less emollient or glossy than Lindsay once it's applied. In the tubes, they are comparable in texture, but once you apply, it seems like E is just a little thicker or less smooth. Still, it's not drying IME.
The color...i really really want this to work. It's a bright cross between tangerine and melon. I am really tan, so i was going for the really bright look, something to bring out the olive in my skin. Right now, i feel like i have very BRIGHT lips, so I tone it down with a nude color from smashbox.
I'm sure i'll make this work in time. I'm having some skin sallowness problems right now, and maybe that is affecting how things look on me. Still, I love this color and want it to work for me.