October 1, 2014 | 1326 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Sea Island Cotton

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My parents bought me this as a Christmas gift, so I didn't buy this for myself. They know that I love floral and ocean smelling scents, so this is probably why I was given this. I also got the body spray and the Sweet Pea lotion which is already used up now, but I'll get into those with a separate review.

It's very unlike BBW's usual scents, or at least the scents they have now. I'm thirteen, and I don't get into fruity smells much. I honestly don't want to go around, smelling like a mango or candy (and you know which scents I'm talking about). Yes, they're trying to aim those types to girls in my demographic, but I'm odd and don't want that. This smells clean. Like you're near the ocean, lying in a field of cotton.

...Or at first whiff, anyway. Then, it starts getting a synthetic smell to it. It's not as bad as the synthetic, plastic smell you get in Warm Vanilla Sugar, however it doesn't smell so natural. It's still not that bad that I don't wear it though. People don't smell it anyway after a while, anyway.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by curlycolor

This scent is nowhere near as good as Cotton Blossom, IMO. Cotton Blossom is clean, cozy, and comforting, and I'm glad I picked some up cheap at the SAS. On the other hand, when I sniff Sea Island Cotton, I get an underlying note of something "off"--------something slightly funky. It smells like the cotton plants are just beginning to rot.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

Those who say that this smells like laundry detergent, I do not disagree. However, I do think that "laundry detergent" would be a reference too harsh. Sea island cotton smells very clean, soapy and crisp. It does smell like clothes freshly out of laundry. It is a very comforting scent I believe, and I wear it when I don't wish to wear anything complicated or too perfume-y, its a refreshing change from the generic fruity-florals. The lotion itself is fairly hydrating and the fragrance lasts for a decent time. Definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by roomie97

i got this lotion from a friend of mine who came back from the US, and i loved it the instant i had the chance to smell it. it smells really musky and homey, it just smells so welcoming! i don't know after wearing this i've gotten lots of compliments about how i smell which is a very good sign :) hehe i love this lotion and will definitely be getting seconds!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by xjiyoungg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sea Island Cotton..First off, the name is beautiful. Whoever picked this name did a good job of painting a picture of a romantic calm island.
Now the smell...It smells like detergent if you are into that. I think the detergent smell is pretty good. lol. It smells really soapy and clean.
It is definitely not the best scent from BBW in my opinion but I'm sure maybe some of you would disagree, which is fine with me.
I usually use this lotion when I don't want to put on anything too sweet/candy like.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by broadwaykoala

One of my favorite BBW scents. When it's combined with the shower gel you can literally smell it on your skin all day long! It's definitely not an offensive smell, sort of like taking clothes out of the dryer or stepping out of the shower. It's not strong or sweet, but rather comfy and fresh, plus it's a great skin moisturizer, the consistency is just right.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by erodddd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a very fresh, clean scent.... but not like you were just rolling around in Tide. I love the smell, especially the body scrub in this scent. It's very addiction and makes you feel at ease. I'd suggest it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks Sea Island Cotton Body Lotion is supposed to smell like pure white cotton in fresh ocean air. Bath&BodyWorks products are made in the USA and not tested on animals. I purchased my 3 fl oz bottle in store for $3.33 on a 3/$10 deal. The travel size regularly retails for $5, and the full 8 oz size retails for $11.
Packaging is the standard, curvy Bath&BodyWorks bottle. The bottle is made of blue plastic, with a blue plastic cap. The label is appealing. Cotton plants are blowing in the wind, with the ocean in the background. Pretty imagery. It suits the scent really well.
The lotion is also Bath&BodyWorks standard. Kinda thin, white, non-greasy. This lotion sinks in pretty fast and the moisture lasts for a few hours before I feel the need to reapply. Like all Bath&BodyWorks lotions, it contains vitamin E, jojoba oil, and shea butter, so it's supposed to be deeply moisturizing and nourishing. Unlike some heavily perfumed lotions, this doesn't make my hands feel dry or stiff, so I suppose the nourishing ingredients are working.
The scent of Sea Island Cotton reminds me of my mum. She likes these kind of clean, cottony scents. Her personal favorite is Estee Lauder's White Linen. This doesn't smell like White Linen, but its in the same clean,cottony scent family. Sea Island Cotton has an almost, generic soapy perfume quality to it, but with the addition of a light, aquatic smell, perhaps sea salt? Unsure. It's pleasant and not particularly strong. Bath&BodyWorks lists the scent notes as pure white cotton, drenched air, white freesia, and white musk. Before I go on, I have to ask, WTF is drenched air? There is a soft muskiness to Sea Island Cotton, that blends well with the cotton. I think this scent caters to an older demographic of Bath&BodyWorks users, as it doesn't shout "I'm 12!" like many of their other scents.
Overall I like Sea Island Cotton. It's a fresh and clean scent, mixed into a good lotion. I think I'd like to try out the shower gel, and I might get the body spray for my mum. If you like semi-soapy, cottony scents, this one is a definite must have. When purchased in a deal, these are also a really good value, and a great way to try new scents. I probably won't repurchase, in favor of trying new scents, but I have nothing negative to say about Bath&BodyWorks Sea Island Cotton. But can someone please tell me what "drenched air" is?

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by chevalierbossu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

the scent is nauseating to me, i can't stand this type of sythetic, aquatic floral scent. smells too sharp, unpleasant, detergent and fake. i seldom detest body product scent and very unwilling to say the word disgusting but it comes pretty much close to the extent.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by aimeee1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't read any of the other reviews on here for this so I don't know if I stand alone on this. For years my absolute favorite scent was Cotton Blossom. (I know a lot of people probably didn't like it because they thought it smelled like laundry detergent or something but I LOVED it) Anyhow, they replaced it with this scent which I do not like AT ALL! I don't understand why they did that because I do know several people who did love Cotton Blossom as well. It seems like every time I get hooked on one of their fragrances it gets discontinued and then they come up with several new ones that are horrible! Geez!!