September 20, 2014 | 1175 users online

Styling Products - Bioinfusion Smoothing Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I bought this in replace of my PM serum, because I saw a review on youtube. It's a little bit heavier than my PM, so it calls for a lot less. But the results, are perfection. It makes my hair so soft, shiny, and manageable. All in all, I like this brand. About two months ago, I used a shampoo and conditioner by them. It too, was nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Alright, I bought this to use as a heat protectant because most classic heat tamer sprays or creams or serums leave me with incrediably unmanagably soft and frizzy hair. I use about a nickel size amount on wet hair before letting hair dry and then I flat iron. It works well. On dry hair, however, there seems to be no effect that is worth using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not purchase this product for use on the hair so i will not be reviewing it for that purpose. I originally purchased it as an alternative to biosilk for pressing my loose eye shadows and it works beautifully. I've never had a problem with them breaking or flaking up like they did when i pressed them with alcohol. The bioinfusion has the exact same ingredients as the biosilk so i figured it would work the same and i'm happy to report that I did. There is no need to purchase the EZ Prez mixing medium because this does the exact same thing and it pretty much has the same ingredients with a variation or two. I will certainly buy this again because it's cheap (i only paid around $7 for it), it works extremely well for pressing my eye shadows and it smells fantastic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ketchupp15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this free on a mail-in rebate from Walgreens, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. I'm not much of a serum user, as they're loaded with silicones.. but I think it's alright. If you use too much, it'll make your hair appear greasy, so I use half of a pea-sized drop and apply it to my ends. This serum makes my hair seem ALOT silkier and smoother, no raggedy-end feel. But.. the smell.. aghhh.. kinda sick. It eventually fades, but still, its not appealing at all.
Overall, I would suggest buying it if you're looking for a serum to purchase. The difference is definitely noticable, and your hair will appear much more healthy and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by sdmiller

This is a bargain. I've used Chi Silk Infusion ($12.99 for 2 ounces), BioSilk ($12.99 for 2.26 ounces) and Frizz-Ease Serum ($9.99 for 1.69 ounces). For me, all of these prodcuts performed the same task. The main differences for me were the fragrances and the prices. Then one day I found BioInfusion on sale at Walgreens, 6.75 ounces for $9.99 (regularly $14.99). I thought WOW ... that's three times the product of these other brands. The ingredients are very similar and they work the same. BioInfusion seems to be a little thinner in texture, but it feels all the same when applied to my hair. I use this when I flat iron my hair and even when I just let it dry naturally ... it makes hair silky and soft without making it greasy. I rate it as a "2" on price because it is such a great price for three times the amount as the other smoothing serums available!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by ultimagrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this serum yesterday in an attempt to find something to help straighten and smooth my almost mid-back length hair. I have fine but thick hair which is *almost* straight. I have a bit of a natural wave in it which drives me crazy when I want to wear it straight. In order to get my hair as straight as I want, I typically have to flat iron it which I get tired of doing every day.

Overall this is a fairly decent serum even though I really don't have a huge base of comparison on which to rate it. What I like is that it didn't make my hair greasy. I used it on wet hair and dry hair. My hair does feel soft and silky but I'm not sure how much it did to actually smooth my hair. I still feel like I have the little fly-aways which I was trying to control with the serum.

I put a good dime sized amount on my wet hair and then blew it dry. It did seem to help straighten my hair some and gave some shine while making my hair feel smooth and silky. As I said I don't know how much it did to actually smooth my hair so I also applied 1 to 2 drops when my hair was dry. It helped control a few of the remaining frizzies but I'm not sure if another serum would do better. The main thing is that this stuff is NOT heavy and greasy on the hair. My hair feels light and smooth, if anything.

Overall this seems to be a decent smoothing serum - not spectacular but not craptacular either. I feel like you get a pretty darn good bit of product for $9.99 (on sale at Walgreen's as of 5/29/07) and it seems like it will last a while. Again, doesn't make hair greasy but also may not give enough control for some people. I'm honestly on the fence about whether or not I'd buy this again but since I might, I went ahead and rated this a "yes". I'd recommend it if you're looking for a lightweight serum with light to moderate control or just looking for something to make your hair feel soft and silky.

Ingredients
Cyclomethicone , Dimethicone , SD Alcohol 40B , Panthenol , Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk , Octyl Methoxycinnamate , Fragrance Parfum , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Propylparaben