October 20, 2014 | 1988 users online

Lip Gloss - BeneFit Cosmetics - California Kissin'

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Blue lipgloss? Yep. And it's great. I'm not a big lipgloss kinda girl, but I reach for this whenever I need a little extra plump and moisture on my lips. It can go over the top of anything, like a clear gloss would, but has the added benefit (get it?) of making teeth appear whiter and brighter. But be aware that it will add a blue tint, which isn't a problem for you cool-toned girls but might not be ideal for warmer-toned ladies, like myself, who avoid blue-based lip colors. It's subtle enough that I personally don't mind. It also smells/tastes delicious, which I hear is an important consideration in the lipgloss world. I only gave it four stars because the formula is a bit sticky, not like those fabulous NYX butter glosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by HaNNieSvedje

THIS. IS. FABULOUS! I can't understand why the reviews are so poor, I love this product! I got it a while ago for christmas, and I totally fell in love. It feels awesomely tingly, and it looks all sparkly and bluish, but in a good way!! The price wasn't TOO bad either. I would definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by hercules12

I bought this lipgloss about a week ago and i am soo dissapointed!
The sales person told me that my teeth would look whiter- well I do have really white teeth already- but i thought this would be great!
I put it on the first time and i do like the consistency and smell of it! It feels fresh on your lips but I have soo many lipglosses that are like that. I only bought it for the whiter smile effect and it really does not work for that porpuse! :-(
I whish I didnīt spend my money on that! It was almost 20 Euros!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by KGJxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lipgloss, mainly for the gorgeous smell and taste! It tastes just like minty chewing gum, and although it probably doesn't actually freshen your breath it does make you feel fresher. It looks nice on, the little blue sparkles are very pretty when they catch the light and the actual gloss does not come out blue unless you absolutely cake it on. As for the teeth-whitening properties, obviously it doesn't make a difference to the actual colour of your teeth but I find it somewhat brightens my smile as a whole. The bad thing about it is that it doesn't last very long, I have had to reapply it constantly and as a result I have gotten through my tube extremely quickly. As with all Benefit products it's very overpriced for something that won't last forever or that you can probably find a cheaper alternative (like Bourjois menthol lip gloss). I like the box it comes in but I think the tube is a bit plain! Overall it's a good buy for those who can afford it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by meggylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to admit, I do like this product. It smells amazing and applies easily, giving a nice glittery gloss with a slightly blue tint, which I find goes well with certain shades of red. However, this simply isn't worth the price, so whilst I like it as a sample, I wouldn't spend money on a replacement.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

Great taste and smell. I do use it quite often and enjoy the feeling of it on my lips. However it is really pricey and I have other lip balms and glosses that does a better job at keeping my lips soft and moisturized longer. So won't rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am generally not a lipgloss person, bu I quite like this. It comes in a nice squeeze tube, which is a good idea, and It allows me to apply directly over another lip colour, rather than using a doe foot wand (which will transfer the lip colour to the wand). I like the clear glassy look which doesn't change the original colour of the lipstick, but instead enhance it. I like the minty flavour. Will I buy again? Hmm. I am not sure about this, I take ages to finish my lip glosses cuz I don't use them that often. I might get a cheaper alternative if something comes along.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by fashionfix

I like this product ok. It is minty, which is nice and goes on clear. I like to layer it over the Posie Tint (they showed me at Sephora). For a clear lip gloss though, not sure I would re-purchase. Probably try something different.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I bought this after a makeup trial session in a local department store. At first I was really impressed. My lips looked nice and shiny and natural and the minty taste was delicious - ok, you aren't meant to eat you lipgloss (somewhere along with eating crayons, I suspect!). I think the packaging is lovely - as with all Benefit products - but I am now having some doubts about the actual product. My problem is that if you apply too much you can look like you have been asphyxiated but if yoy don't apply enough, it doesn't make that big an impact. To be honest, you could probably pick something up for half or less the cost of this and it would be every bit as good, if not better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Very medicore lipgloss. It has chunky/gritty particles of glitter in it which feel quite nasty when I rub my lips together. The blue tone does slightly help to make my teeth look whiter...but I don't like the shimmeriness of the lipgloss. I love the smell (minty) but that's about it. Lasting power isn't good at all, it goes within 5 mins leaving nothing but a few shimmers on my lips.