December 19, 2014 | 1474 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Clean Definition

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by tamarleah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is probably the best mascara I have used! although now the packaging is different and bit more modern.
I would say the only bad thing is that the way the brush is shaped it was hard to get use to as it the beginning if I put it too close to the lash line it would poke my eye ha!
But its long lasting and really great!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

This is for the silver Telescopic clean definition. I don't like this at all!! Does not give ANY volume at all!!! Compared to many cheaper mascaras this is not worth it! Had to use my old Isadora Precision mascara to fix it all up after applying this!! No! Something is wrong with brush or consistency....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by snrocinu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my 2nd favorite mascara of all time. My favorite was made by Max Factor, which is no longer sold in the US :(

Edit: Apparently this has been discontinued. Ugh!! The "Telescopic Original" mascara in the gold tube is not a good replacement because the brushes are totally different. The brush of the gold tube just causes lashes to clump together. I supposed it's because the brush resembles a saw.

It definitely lives up to the title of "clean definition". I guess it's due to the design of the wand. While extracting the wand from the tube, the mascara doesn't get all clumped up since the bristles resemble a line of tiny combs, which distribute just enough mascara to cover each lash (rather than the old pipe cleaner style that would randomly glop them together - yuck!).

I never "pump" the wand in the tube, so I've never experienced the tube prematurely drying out or flaky application.

This mascara doesn't create trashy fake lash volume, so if that's what you're looking for, you won't get it. But you will get lashes that each appear thicker, longer, and not full of icky clumps. I also fould that if I hold the side of each index finger under the lashes of my eyelids, gently pressing up for several seconds while slightly closing my eyes, it picks up any excess mascara and helps make my lashes look even longer.

I have the "blackest black" shade and it doesn't have the weird blue/grey tint like some other mascaras that claim to be black.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by sylphjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

It's not awful, but it's not amazing either; it depends on what you want.
If you want a low-key mascara enhancing what you already have, you can usually find it for a good price. If not, look elsewhere.

I have fine, blonde eyelashes, so while they may be long, no one can really see them. When I want to go for a neutral everyday or minimal look and subtly lengthen the lashes, it takes two light coats to really darken them and draw them up, though there is not very much curling action here at all (without resorting to the eyelash curler). They don't add a significantly large amount of weight or thickness to my lashes, but I don't cake exactly cake it on. The color, black-brown, matches well with my eyebrows, which are a darker brown, and it isn't extremely dark and does wonders to define my eyelashes.

Better still, when I want to take it off, I don't have to use turpentine to get it off my face, as it wipes out easily. The product itself stays on long with no flaking, and I rarely have to reapply it. I've used this 3-4 days a week and don't seem to be coming near empty yet, after three months.

I don't care for the packaging itself, aesthetically or functionally, as I feel like it's quite long (dunno if it's new packaging but it's about 4-5 inches), so it's not very convenient in my smaller bags. The wand is bendy to the point where you might break it off if you were wrenching it open. The brush really wins points back for me.

They rarely clump, which is the main draw for me, because the brush itself has short, fine, little teeth (I really like that, as I feel like it actually separates the eyelashes as it goes and you can get right to the base). It's also easier to reach in the corners of the eyes and the bottom lashes, if that floats your boat. The brush also carries enough product (which isn't runny or dry) that I don't have to dip back like mad or worry about running.

If I want anything more dramatic, though, I end up opting for something else or layering. I won't rush out to find it when I run out, but I might pick it up again if I see it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh... I've tried probably close to 100 different mascaras, and this one makes the bottom 2.

It does absolutely nothing for the lashes - no curl, no lengthening. It's like adding black coloured water onto your eyes.

To be fair, it doesn't clump your lashes, so it doesn't make your lashes look worse, like some mascaras can BUT it has zero staying power and you get raccoon eyes almost instantly.

I can imagine it might be nice for someone with light coloured lashes that just wants to make them darker? I wouldn't know though because my lashes are already black.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by echorain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara long time ago, my mom first brought this, so i was still very young and used to steal mums make-up, well now I have grown up a little and it's timeto review it, My Favorite Mascara So Far! I'm a person who has already thick, long lashes which I only need to blacken and define, this is exactly what it does, it even make my lashes even longer! It doesn't clump and i never have panda eyes by the end of the day, i tried to use other mascaras but this is the best, with everything! The colour, which is very very rich, and the brush which is small and easy to use, unlike those brushes that covergirl and maybelline have those days, LUV LUV LUV IT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by canadian

This mascara adds length and some thickness to my lashes. I did experience some clumping and flaking after a week or two of use. The brush, which is thin, is easy to work with. Overall a better mascara compared to others I have tried. Would I repurchase: Possibly. I'm on the fence with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara all around! I have naturally thick long lashes and need something to lengthen, define, and curl a bit more and this does all. I am not after a volumizing mascara but this offers some volume. The wand is great for long thick lashes as has defined bristles that could comb the lashes. Some fluffy wands are not good for thick lashes as they cannot penetrate them and coat them well. The best thing about all L'Oreal mascaras is that they are wet so they get better with time and they are true to colour and are very easy to remove not like Maybelline ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by jodieleigh88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this masacara. I really struggle to find a mascara that wont make my lashes fall out. This is perfect becuase it isnt drying so this helps with the fallout of my lashes. Makes my lashes look long and full. Would definately recommend giving this a go

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first mascara I've tried (besides clear mascara), and this was a few years back! As a newbie, I thought that most mascaras were super black and made lashes look either super thick or spidery... I didn't want dramatic lashes and since this product was supposed to give a natural look, I went with this. I liked the sleek packaging, and just as the name implied, it gave my lashes a clean, subtly enhanced look. It hardly ever clumped, and while the bristled part of the wand was flimsy, I liked the rubbery bristles, as they did a good job of separating. Why don't I use this anymore? The problems with this were that it smudged under my eyes, and it made my eyes red! I checked to see if it might have been something else but the redness occurred every time I wore this for more than a few hours....