September 19, 2014 | 1898 users online

Eyes - Scarlett Cosmetics - Glamo-Glitz

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by akathisia

Scarlett's been making loose shadow powders since the mid-nineties, before you could find such products everywhere. The product that preceded Glamo-Glitz was Pixie Dust, but Glamo-Glitz is far superior because of the versitility of the powders.

They are marketed as being good for everything from gloss to mascara by mixing the powders with various bases. I only like to use Glamo-Glitz as a shadow or liner. As shadows, sheer or very intense effects can be achieved, and they blend with each other beautifully used wet or dry. I prefer wet application using water.

There's a great color range, and you can mix your own shades. They tend to be very iridescent. I particularly like the option to get the powders glitterless, as I love iridescence, but hate glitter.

I have a ton of these, and each pot lasts a very long time, which makes the $15 price tag pretty reasonable. My only gripe is that the packaging is a bit flimsy: plastic, screw-on pots that spill easily. A sifter would be great addition.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2003 9:39:00 PM More reviews by big_eder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got a sample of one of these from Henri Bendel. Very similar to MAC pigments, actually, they remind me more of BE Glimmers. The colors tend to be lighter and they're not as deep or heavy in tone as MAC pigments. I have to say while they're pretty, many of them have chunks of glitter in them which only appear when applied (can't see them in the pot), and that's bad for someone like myself who doesn't like chunks of glitter! Overall, I'd say these are my least favorite loose eyeshadows ever, because they aren't as rich in tone, unique or gorgeous in color OR even as inexpensive as BE or MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2002 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Amandaannie

I have these in 10 colors, but am reviewing them under the product name because I don't think anyone really knows about them yet. I picked them up at the Scarlet Store in New Hope, PA. I started with Swanky (coppery biege shimmer - also available on QVC), Copper (copper with lots of glitter) White Gold (looks white in the pot but goes on a sheer white with gold shimmer) and Exist (a grey with a gold sheen). Glamo-Glitz comes in an eyeshadow size pot as a fine powder. They can go on from sheer to intense depending on how they are applied. I've heard they can be used on lips and cheeks too, but I've only used them on eyes so far. The colors are beautiful and come in a wide range, they blend great and go on so smoothly. The packaging is a bit weird, I own 12 but the in 3 different kinds of packaging. I highly suggest them, they have great staying power. For sure a new treat next time I hit New Hope, PA.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2002 1:00:00 PM More reviews by HoneySmearedMoon

These loose powdered eyeshadows are great. This glittering shadow comes in an amazing range of colors which can be used heavy for an amazingly vibrant eyecolor or lightly for that going to work look. And this product is sooooo versatile - I use it on the eye lids, as eyeliner, sometimes on my cheeks (certain colors) - I've even mashed the powder up with Chapstick to make a lipgloss!
When on, the shadow lasts all day, I never have to do a touch up! The price is 15.00 and these last forever!And if your lucky enough to live near a store (Philadelphia, PA or New Hope, PA)you can ask one of the sales associates to stir in EXTRA glitter (which I always do!) If not, you can always go to www.scarlettcos.com.