October 21, 2014 | 1609 users online

Conditioner - Alberto Vo5 - Vita Burst Volumizing Conditioner Grapefruit Mandarin

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by siouxie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Was encouraged to buy this by reviews here and the low price. On a serious budget. The fragrance is absolutely amazing. I love it and it lingers for a while too which is a real plus. Used as a conditioner-only wash, which seems to be the big trend here, especially for us dry/curly/wavy haired people. Recently saw the Wen informercial which recommends the no "poo" washing method. (No way can I afford Wen system and reviews here are mixed.) Decided to give no-poo a try. It made sense to me because I would wash my hair and then wind up putting stuff back into it to add moisture, manageability, etc. Made sense to me, but was prepared to not like it being I've been shampooing for more years that I care to admit! First off you have to thoroughly rinse your hair first. Then apply good amount of product- this Grapefruit Mandarin (even like the name) stuff is kind of watery, but at $1.29 who's complaining? Massaged in thoroughly and left on 2-3 minutes with cap. Removed cap and massaged some more adding water to distribute. Rinse, rinse, rinse. I was pretty satisfied with results. Added a very small amount of Infusium's Repairology leave-in treatment afterwards.

For me the true test is, how does my hair look after it is dry and I've given a little ironing? The answer: pretty damned good. Even though my hair is very dry, I don't abuse it. Don't over color it and don't blow dry, except for my bangs. Believe it or not, my iron setting is on just under "2" and my hair comes out really straight with minimal ironing. Must be doing something right!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by aworldofcool

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If this came in fragrance-free it would be a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2008 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Dollface11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst conditioner I've used in memory. It's thin and runny; ironically, the shampoo has a nicer consistency than the conditioner. Granted, the point is to preserve volume, which is inhibited by a lot of emollients-- but sheesh! I couldn't use this by itself without my hair taking on a straw-like texture. Ick.

As I mentioned in my review for the shampoo (which I didn't like much more), there are lots of other DS alternatives on the market that have left my hair clean yet attractive. This line just did not work at all for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ttripleblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this conditioner!

It's a very thin consistency and you have to use alot, but that's totally worth the effects it has on my hair. I'm a 3a/3b on naturallycurly.com and this conditioner is great for days when I'm in-between real conditioning. It doesn't weigh down my hair, defines my curls and smells heavenly. (Sort of like the old herbal essences shampoo/condish) And.........it has no silicones!

I would definately buy this again, but next I'm going to try out v05 Vanilla Mint Tea Therapy. =) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

I like this conditioner but I wish that it was a little thicker. It smells delicious (nice and citrusy but not strong) and I like how it doesn't contain silicones. My hair actually loves silicones but it has been getting silicone overload lately. This conditioner is such a great value at $1 and makes my hair soft. On days when I do want a thicker conditioner I mix this with a heavier conditioner with good results.