November 26, 2014 | 1796 users online

Concealers - Jane Iredale - Active Light Under Eye Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is HG for me. I have it in No. 4, which is a pinkish tone meant to disguise dark circles and brighten up the under-eye area. I would suggest this shade for EVERYONE. Just the tiniest bit really neutralizes that unwanted darkness under my eyes and makes me look radiant, healthy and awake the second I apply it. This isn't meant to be a full coverage undereye makeup and that's why I think so many reviewers are disappointed with this amazing product. Kind of like YSL's Touche Eclat, its meant to brighten and enhance the eye area, not provide full coverage alone. So I use this first, just a tiny bit to neutralize my dark circles and calm down puffiness, and then and add whatever undereye concealer that tickles my fancy! I actually really like it with Maybelline's 'Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser' because it has a really nice thin consistency that really pairs well with the Active Light and doesn't make a cakey looking mess under there bc I'm layering 2 products. I almost think of the AL as my undereye 'primer' that sets the canvas for my concealer! It sucks that so many women find fault with this product but I really think it comes down to improper usage.. I feel that this is a common issue with ALOT of Jane Iredale products. If you know how to use them properly, they all are wonderful products. Their website is fantastic and has tons of tutorial videos that show you how to properly use their products and tools and I would suggest going and checking then out before you just toss or return something, bc most likely you could be turning your back on something that could truly be a game-changer for your makeup routine. What I love even more about JI Active Light is that its filled with soo many beneficial and natural ingredients that actually improve the skin over time! That's my main reason for loving all of JI's products so much! Her makeup not only hides your imperfections, but it actually contains beneficial, all natural, non irritating ingredients that will not exacerbate any current issues with your skin. That's why is called the "skin CARE makeup"! And for me and my sensitive, easily irritated skin, that's definitely worth the money!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Jen19722

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this concealer. I do not need a lot of coverage and was looking for something light under my eyes. The Active Light has a lot of great ingredients so I gave it a try. I use Amber in the liquid minerals for reference. I chose #3. The concealer ended up in every line I had under my eyes. I found lines I never knew I had. I put it on sparingly and blended it in very well and it still went in all my lines. I was hoping to disguise them not put spot lights on them. I ended up returning the concealer. I gave it two lippies for the great ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

not as good for dryer skin type. doesnt seem to cover anything. not brightening either. the circle delete is better for me as it covers much better and more moisturizing around dryer eye area. the application is quite convenient but you do still need to use a finger or a brush to blend in.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about this 'clean' product. It looks ok in the morning. It highlights and hides darkness a little, but it looks ashy on me. Other downsides are the price as well as the staying power. It's $30 for a tiny pen. And it doesn't really last, so you would have to reapply and on dry skin it may not look as good.

Ingredients:
Isopropyl Jojobate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Beeswax, Hydrated Silica, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ozokerite, Boron Nitride, Polygonum Fagopyrum (Buckwheat) Seed Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Bisabolol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Although I loved the packaging quality of this product, it didn't do anything for me. I ran out of #5 TE and tried this. I was dissapointed as I love Jane Iredale pressed base. Reading the reviews on here, I realize it has to be layered with full coverage foundation. I found this concelear to be really lightly pigmented and flat looking to be honest. Will never stray from Touche Eclat again !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ellka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

love this. I have medium(to light dep on time of year) shade skin and use #5 (2nd darkest shade of this) then lightly dust with my mineral powder to match the color to rest of face. this is amazing for dark circles. Really amazing. I could be on 3 hours of sleep and not look it, thanks to this. because of the lightness of shades, have to be careful applying or could end up looking racoon-y.
I've had no issues with the packaging, I like the little brush applicator - no fingers needed; it travels well - compact, no leaking.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by gnomixa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In my endless search for a paraben free concealer, I am almost ready to give up. What can I say about this product?

Well, the color is fine, the consistency is OK (not Lancome but OK). The packaging is so cheap it broke after 2 months of use and now I can't get any product out. Considering I paid 34CAD+tax for it, I would expect much longer life shelf.

Poor packaging, way too expensive for the quality. Back to Lancome for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Deadhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I quite like this concealer. Sometimes I'll use it under my eyes, but I also like it to cover redness from old acne marks. It's not too heavy or thick, so if you are looking for a serious concealer, this may not work for you.

I like it better than YSL Touche Eclat because #2 matches me better. I would buy this again if I decide I'm not happy using my BE concealer brush + Jane Iredale PPB instead.

I like the pen form, but it is kind of frustrating that I can see a bit left in the tip that I can't get out once the pen has clicked all the way up to the top.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by erodrig44

Hate this stuff. It's the first concealer I've ever bought and I got it cuz I work night shifts and my eyes get dark, so I thought this would help brighten up the eye area. Well, it is hydrating and it does brighten for a couple hours, but after that, it sinks into my "fine lines" that I didn't even know I had and I'm only 28! Has given me a major complex about it. I tried it for several weeks with different applications, but I will never buy again and it was a total waste of my money. And I'm usually not this negative about makeup that doesn't work for me...this just made me really mad...probably because it brought out my wrinkles, now I can't forget.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Kotya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer has become my number one make up tool! My skin is generally in good condition with exception of few small hyper-pigmentation marks, and dark under-eye circles. In summer when I have a bit of sun glow I usually do not use any make up, except for eye make up and lips gloss. But I have been searching for a product that would be very light, just enough to cover my imperfections and dark circles. Seems like this concealer does a great job in doing that. I have been checking Jane Iredale make up online for a while, and was actually going to get Pure Pressed base + Circle Delete. I went to a beauty salon to get colors matched, and SA, who was uber-helpful, offered me to try Active Light instead, because Circle Delete offers more concealing, than I need. So she put Active Light #3 and then Pure Pressed, and it turned out to be too much for me. I we wiped it all off, and tried again with only Active Light + Bronzer. Voila! I follow the same procedure as SA in the salon did - on moisturized skin I put Active Light concealer in dots all over my eyes, around nostrils, around mouth, on my hyper-pimentation spots. Then I blend it with my fingers or with my EcoTools concealer brush. Then I just add on a Jane Iredale blush (didn't like shimmering in the bronzer). Plus I always put make up on my eyes. That's it. It gives me the perfect "Good Skin No Make Up" look. But, yes, it does fade away, so you need to have it in your purse. Also, seems like the tube will not last very long, so it will end up pricey. But IMHO it's totally worth it.