October 23, 2014 | 1201 users online

Sunscreen - Aveeno - Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Whynot15

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This started to sting/burn my eyes and face immediately after application. I would rather not wear sunscreen than wear this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by bolabora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love aveeno daily moisturizer because it is the only one product not irritating my super sensitive skin. But this sunblock lotion irritated my skin terribly.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use Shiseido's Gentle Sun Protection Lotion, but lately I've started using retinol again and I didn't want to go through such a pricey sunscreen so quickly (I know, I should be protecting myself every day). This sunscreen from Aveeno was sitting around my house, so I decided to try it out, mainly as a sunscreen for my face and neck.

I don't understand how Aveeno can claim this product to be "mild as water", as this is an all-chemical sunscreen. If I put the proper 1/4 teaspoon on my face my skin goes through a slight burning sensation followed by a bit of itching and little bumps... Yikes! I wouldn't use this on a baby! In fact, I remember this happening with several other chemical sunscreens and SPF moisturizers. If I use half the proper amount I don't get the burning but I still get bumps... I guess this means I should stick to physical filters for my face for the safest bet. Fortunately, I don't have problems with most chemical filters being on my body, and with them, there's little to no white cast.

The product absorbs quickly, but leaves a greasy finish. I guess it doesn't matter too much if you're out and about at the beach, but that's not what I do! Most of my exposure to the sun is incidental, and I get paranoid about getting grease marks on clothes, tabletops, papers, and the driving wheel. Another problem I have with Aveeno Baby is that it ends up migrating into my eyes, even though I keep it away from that area! This has been a problem for me with every drugstore chemical sunscreen I've tried on my face, and it probably has to do with them and my skin being oily. A generous layer of powder is what I need to prevent migration and to get rid of the greasiness, and even then I get oily again after two hours.

And of course, there's the smell. I can't stand smelling like sunscreen, especially if I'm going to be around other people. I feel gross not only from the oiliness but from the scent, and if it isn't a sunny day being spent outdoors I'm sure to get weird looks.

Aveeno Baby is a reminder as to why I virtually gave up on American sunscreens: they're no fun to use. I guess others in my family will be using this; otherwise, I'd be throwing this in the bin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I use this for my body not for my face but it hasn't caused my skin to break out or irritate it since I have sensitive skin. Feels light but moisturizing and not too thick or greasy like cvs's knock off of the mineral SS for neutrogena. The smell isn't strong but it does smell like your typical sunscreen. My skin feels soft after I apply this and I always make sure to carry this around in my purse. Got this at target in a .2 pack and prob will repurchase once I finish

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by iidomosaur

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used a few sunblocks before, but this is by far the best one I've used. I've tried & experimented with neutrogena sunblocks & I have to say those were a bit cakey for me. However, the aveeno sunblock's texture wasn't as cakey & blended better.

I can't say much about how well it blocks the sun though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jasminechen

Great product, it did broke me out a bit ,but It was for my five years old boy, it does not sting his eyes or irritate his sensitive skin. he never got sun burn.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I keep this in my bag to use on DD. It seems to work well & its very thick so you end up using a lot (like you're suppose to). I occassionally use this on my face & haven't had any problems.
Only downside is that it has a yucky smell to it that lasts until you shower it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by suzyqwho

I think I'm in love. This has quickly become my HG. The bottle I have has a purple cap though, not yellow. IDK if they re-formulated or just changed the packaging. I've been using this for close to 3 weeks and haven't had a reaction or break out as a result yet. Usually it takes about a week for my skin to reject something and I'm fairly sensitive. I was using Neutrogena Dry Touch before this, and after re-applying throughout the day, that would feel like a thick layer of gunk. This Aveeno seems to melt into my skin and disappear. Feels a little greasy at first, but after it's mostly rubbed in, I pat it in with my fingertips and it feels great. I'll update if I get a reaction, but so far, so great!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by fanaticfringer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worked pretty well. Will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had purchased this product due to the good reviews it had received. After the first couple of days all was well until a mild redness appeared on my cheeks and neck. By the end of the third day I had a terrible rash and the burning sensation was painful! I had to pop a couple of Aspirin and coat a thick layer of Nivea creme to calm down my face but even then the damage was evident. Will absolutely not purchase again.