April 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Sunscreen - Kiss Me - Sun Killer Daily UV Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sangee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG !! it is the best sunscreen i hav ever used. it says on the packet that it contains 50% water, it is light and absorbs really fast on ur face with that greasy, sunscreen feeling. In fact, this product rather feels like a moisturiser than a sunscreen. Absolutely no stickiness, ( 5mins after application) does a bit of work of a primer as well, as it smoothes out ur skin. No stickiness means i'm able to reapplicate it about everyhour, without putting that extra grease on d skin.
love it, love it love it! i bot this at $9.20 AUD from a jap grocery store and the bottle is HUGE! i am going to repurchase it when my bottle runs out :)/
UPDATE: i've had this 4 a year, and still could not finish it. it is still d best sunscreen tht ive ever used, its just tht now it doesnt feel lyk it "sinks" well into skin as it used to. when i first used it it just sank rapidly rite after i applied it. now it takes about 5 mins to sink it completely. but 5 mins isnt long, i still luv this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am Asian and tired of western Sunscreen which made me greasy for my oily skin. I tried Clinique, Aveeno, Neutrogena, Ambi, Olay Complete and Olay Definity UV, Elta Gold from my dermatologist etc. One day, I saw good reviews here at MUA for Sofina perfect UV. Long story short, I bought both Sofina Perfect UV SPF50+ (about $30 for 50ml) and Kiss Me Sun Killer Daily UV Gel SPF27 ($13 for 100ml) at bobodave.com in HK. I got free shipping for both orders but had to pay about 5% for paypal. It took about 10 days to DC.

Anyway, Sofina is much better, especially for longer day with sweats in the summer. For KM gel, I prefer to use it on shorter trips or lesser activities outside in non-summer days. I don't have any problem of clogging pores as I use Alpha Hydrox Oil Free Gel underneath. I also use toner after cleaning at night, Clean & Clear sensitive skin toner is the best for its price, only $4 at DS. I have very oily skin and this KM gel is very easy to spread around. Not sticky or greasy. I have my bottle about a month now and no break out from this. Just one pimple on my chin near my period. I have very sensitive skin too. As temperature is around 90F in my DC area in the summer, my face gets sweaty occasionally. I just use Kleenex to gently pressed on my face. I use good powder over my sunscreen. Although this KM is gel, it is more like liquid. I don't feel anything at all. Besides, it is waterproof,sweat resistant and fragrance free. Good for my oily sensitive skin and fit my budget. Only wish I can get it at regular DS.
I surely will purchase more when I am running out of this bottle to alternate between other brands.

PS. If you are Asian and have oily skin: good sunscreen suggested:
Sofina Perfect UV SPF50+ (about $30 for 50ml)
Shisedo Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 ($31 for 1oz) or pressed powder

Update 4/25/08: I still use this SS sometimes but I much prefer Sofina for my OPEC memebred face (aka oil field).