October 25, 2014 | 1319 users online

Cleansers - Alba Botanica - Sea Lettuce Cleansing Milk

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by helster83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this for a few weeks, it broke my skin out with painful zits. I also didn't like the texture it left on my skin. Tossed it in the garbage recently.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by SmashMe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! I massage it onto my dry face, then add water and massage, then use a washcloth to wipe off. Using this method I find it removes my mascara quite well and also makes my skin soft and clear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by my3sons5

Nice consistency and seemed effective at removing makeup. HOWEVER this stung my face. Totally unexpected reaction since my skin is considered very resistant. I gave it a few more chances, but ended up dumping the contents of this into my body wash bottle in the shower. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by nxw5883

I like this cleanser. I've been using Pond's cold cream for a while and even though my skin really likes it, I'm trying to shy away from mineral oil and questionable ingredients now. It also doesn't help that they do animal testing. Anyway, this cleanser has a thick, sort of creamy consistency. It won't lather, which is what you want if you have dry skin. It doesn't irritate, although I can feel a warming sensation as I massage it onto my skin. The first few times I use it, my eyes teared up a little but now I'm getting used to it. If you have sensitive skin, i strongly recommend doing a patch test first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It cleans my skin well and I love the feeling afterwards. It was 12.99 USD - not too bad for a bottle that size.
Have been using this for about 2 months now. It does not remove make up well, but I use it as a cleaser in the morning and days when I do not use foundation. This product does not break me out ever (yeey), which is amazing, will continue using this. I love the idea of it not containing any sulfates, parabens, whey or soy proteins.
However, if you are looking for make-up remover - this won't work.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm trying to branch out there and experiment with different cleansers out there and wanted to try something a little more natural. =] This is definitely and extremely gentle cleanser. I did not feel it did anything significant with my skin however so I'm not sure if I'll be repurchasing. It claims to even skin tone, but I didn't see any change, even after using this for a few months now. The pump function is very handy. It has a light oceany fragrance, I suppose from the marine complexes and sea lettuce. It does not help to remove makeup very well even considering I don't even wear that much but oh well. My skin feels really soft after using this which is nice. Nothing again this cleanser really, it's just not HG status for me, so I'll continue searching for what else is out there

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Helps stimulate cell regeneration to help correct uneven tone. Light fragrance that reminds me of the beach (but not in a yucky sunblock smell way.) It sort of smells like the ocean in a good way. (Sorry I'm not great at describing scents. ;-) Natural ingredients. Bothers my rosacea/sensitive skin less than most lightening products do.

CONS: This wouldn't be good for oily skin, but they have a cleansing gel for that. ****EDIT: Ended up bothering my rosacea too much.

ALTERNATES: When my skin is more sensitive, I use Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash. For gentle but effective skin lightening, I love Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase Skin Tone Perfecting Serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by cnovacek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this cleanser religiously for a couple years now and am happy with the results. It gets my skin nice and clean without stripping all moisture away (I have combination skin and in the winter, it tends to get very dry). I subtract one lippie because this cleanser is not good at removing eye makeup and so I still have to use a separate eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by jerriblank47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I never would have considered buying this product until my esthetician told me that counterintuitively cleansers that stripped my skin of moisture would make my sebaceous glands produce even more moisture to compensate. So I use this product only in the evening to prepare my skin for retinol night cream. I follow with the Alba sea-kelp toner and I'm really happy with the results. Even though I have acne-prone skin this does not aggravate it and indeed cutting out products that strip my skin of its lipid barrier has given me less oily skin. Also, this is what i wash my face with at the gym so that I'm not washing my face with a harsher cleanser 4-5 times in one day. So I have repurchased this product and will continue to use it. The price is good for the quality of the products, and if you shop around you can find these at lower prices, surprisingly Whole Foods has these at a cheaper price than Duane Reade and Health Food Stores. Great product, love the pump, it travels well and has yet to make a mess in my gym bag like that toner has haha!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by bela007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was excited to try this product but after using it for a little while I couldn't wait for it to run out so I could buy something new (I try not to be wasteful and this is a $12 face cleanser). The thing that bugged me most about this cleanser is that it never seemed to get my makeup off. I don't wear a ton of makeup (mineral poweder, mascara, a little eyeliner and shadow) but this cleanser always left a bit of residue on my face and racoon eyes. I got so tired of this that I just splurged on Purity by Philosohy and I can't tell you what a difference there is between these two cleansers. Overall, I would skip this cleanser unless you don't wear makeup and have very, very dry skin.