MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

on 2/24/2015 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I use this powder to set my foundation. It is so finely milled and does not cake at all. I got mine at a cosmetic company outlet store for only 22, so I was happy with the price. It comes with so much product too!

on 2/23/2015 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product - I purchased it after seeing it on YouTube and I'm not disappointed! I use this as a contour/bronzer as it is in no way orangey and looks natural on my NW20 skin. It is matte and long lasting. Good amount of product for the price. Would definitely recommend :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst M.A.C product I've ever bought (and I'm something of a "M.A.C-tard"). Within the first month of purchasing in Germany, the powder hardened into rock and it is impossible to retrieve any sort of colour from it. I've tried with a brush, sponge and my finger - none of them pick up any colour or finish from the product. No wonder it was making absolutely no difference to my face (so natural it looked almost nonexistent - well, it was!). I will not repurchase and will be very wary of purchasing any other powder from this brand.

on 11/6/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

I never really thought the MSFN was all that special and stopped using it for a while, when I started using it again I got compliments on how my skin looked brighter/glowing and its pretty much been a staple ever since! Took off a lippie because I do have to put a translucent powder on my T-zone since this powder isn't very good at oil absorbing. Not all too fond of the packaging (pretty sure if I dropped it, it would crack) however I've heard that its changed and it now comes with an attached mirror so I guess thats no longer an issue!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

If your like me and hate the cakey look of powders then you'll LOVE this! I prefer this much more over the Studio Fix powder. This gives light to medium coverage which I like to use over concealer/foundation. It gives a subtle glow, blends in well and looks very natural. Its a great setting powder rather than a powder foundation. Wish I discovered this much sooner.
For comparison to Studio Fix powder, you can read more below:

on 1/19/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been self tanning quite a bit lately, and found that my usual shade Medium Plus was getting a little too light, so I purchased this in the next shade up - Medium Dark. It matches my current skintone PERFECTLY. This powder is ultra luxurious and it gives my skin a satiny, radiant glow. I also love to use it as a crease shade or transition shade on the eyes - perfect. I think it will work well as a light bronzer to warm up my contours as well. $30 is a little pricey, but this stuff will last me a long time, so it's more than worth it. I love MAC.
xo

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder! It matches my skin tone perfectly, sets my makeup without looking too cakey, and lasts all day :) I'd definitely repurchase.

on 4/12/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this powder! I have it in medium dark which is slightly light for me but doesn't give a grey cast at all. The micro-particles leave a smooth finish on my skin and lovely glow. In summer when I go foundation free this is my go-to, nice light coverage. This isn't so great for keeping the shine at bay however but it does give a dewy effect in summer if that's the look you're going for. I will definitely repurchase it, and probably use a mattifying powder just for my t-zone.

on 3/2/2013 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am NC40 and for awhile I have been trying to find the right powder to set my foundation and concealer. I love this powder! I buffed it into my face after applying my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and it works so well together! On work days or when I don't want to wear foundation because my skin is looking great, I'll just apply a face primer then buff it into my skin. I love that it doesn't look cakey or powdery. It cost me $30 at the MAC counter and for me that is quite pricey but it was worth it. I would definitely buy it again.

on 2/16/2013 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

NC20-25 neutral undertone. I use the color Medium as an all over setting powder from time to time but I love Med Dark as a BRONZER. It's the perfect color that I buff along my hairline, cheekbones, neck and light dusting across my nose. It's far too warm to use as a real contour color (I used NYX Taupe for that) but this is amazing when I want to warm up my skin. It lasts all day, no fading and looks really natural. Have gone through 3 of these in the past 5 years and will continue to repurchase!

Recommended for Normal Skin