December 22, 2014 | 1567 users online

Treatments (Face) - RoC - Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

In the past, my mother gave a sample bottle of Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair to me. Didn't notice a difference in my skin. In all fairness, didn't use it more than a couple of weeks. The sample bottle was small, and after one week of using it, the remaining serum hung out at the bottom of the bottle. What I did take note of during my brief period using a serum, is I really like the feel of serum on my skin. It's soft, liquid texture felt soothing to my skin.

While at the drugstore, noticed Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum on the shelf. Purchased it on a whim, and went about my merry way. Would much rather pay a drugstore price for a serum than department store price.

The texture of Roc serum is a soft, gel like liquid and feels soothing when applied to the skin. There is a peculiar odor. It doesn't smell of a bouquet of flowers, but look on the bright side, it doesn't reek of yesterday's garbage, either. :)

After one week of use, noticed my skin felt softer and appeared brighter. Another plus is serum prepares my skin to receive moisturizer and foundation. Moisturizer absorbs better and require less amount of foundation for coverage.

Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum isn't going to give one the appearance of going under the scapel, but it will make skin softer and brighter. This is my third week using it, so who knows, it might eventually diminish the appearance fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by magpie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've already bought my second bottle of this stuff. Best product I have ever used on my face, hands down. I had previously tried lemon juice, but it became too drying and I could tell daily use on my face was starting to irritate it, judging by hardened white heads popping up. So I came across something about retinols. I had tried Differin as a teen, but as soon as I began to flake and turn red, I stopped - the doctor hadn't mentioned to me that this happens. But anyway..I have been using this for a few weeks so far. I use a 3-4 drops of this serum morning & night. I haven't noticed any tingling or burning upon application. My skin hasn't dried or become flaky either, but I have naturally oily skin. I let my skin dry for 20-30 minutes after washing, then rub the serum in gently. I have always had bad skin, but I kid you not - this morning I woke up and my mouth dropped - I am in shock! My hyperpigmentation on my cheeks is going away! My skin looked fresh, alive, glowy. The tone is completely evening out, the minor wrinkles I have from sun damage, etc. have yet to completely fade away, but everything is looking unbelievably better. I am so happy. The first week that I began this treatment, I had a few minor flare-ups (perhaps purging?), but they healed quickly due to the retinol, and now my face is pimple free and beginning to look like I actually have GOOD skin. I highly recommend this product and I have sworn to myself to only buy this - no more being tempted from marketing campaigns to stray away, because this stuff totally works for my skin. For those with dry or sensitive skin, I don't know if I'd recommend because I know retinols. This is HG status

1-month update: skin is still doing great, even getting better. My breakouts aren't as bad, and if I do get a pimple it's gone very quickly. Hyperpigmentation is fading. I've also gone back to supplementing with evening primrose oil because my breakouts are always hormonal & it's helping immensely - try if you need a little extra boost, great skin benefits. I also use my other favorite product olay microdermabrasion kit twice a week. my skin LOVES both of these products! will update again in a month or so, but so far, so very very good!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by sslum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This serum literally transformed my delicate skin! At first, I was looking for a product that would be a preventative measure for the horrid signs of aging as it is easier to prevent now as opposed to cure later; however, I had no idea that it would significantly benefit my skin now! The very first night I distributed the serum on to my face, my skin instantly glowed and felt incredibly smooth (something I am not used to as my skin is very dry and problematic). I usually know by the first couple uses of a product whether or not I will like it and this was no exception. I instantly loved it and still do!

Flakes, dry patches, redness, ruddiness, and hyper pigmentation were greatly diminished from this serum. My skin actually looked alive and not as dull! I cannot say if this is as effective for wrinkles as I am still in my 20's, but I am sure it is working it's preventative magic as well. Please note that if you do have dry skin, this serum works best with a moisturizer layered on top of it. Overall, this serum is magic with a very reasonable price-point, although I would not hesitate to repurchase if it were more expensive. That matter in itself indicates a fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Rennis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all I want to say the reason I went looking for a deep wrinkle serum is because a friend/neighbor had me try the newest wrinkle cream/serum Nerium AD. She is a new customer/seller of the product. I do have my own regiment of moisturizers that I already use but she asked to me try this newest serum. She used her selling script on me, I listened, she showed me true no touch up photos of herself etc. I did try the Nerium, but before I did I also asked the important ?? of "How much it cost" which she told me was steep but it was "so worth every penny!" I tried it, had already formed an opinion based on the price, (Let me say, I am a penny pincher, coupon addict) :) and only allow myself $15-$20.00 range for moisturizers so I knew I would NEVER purchase it. But in the one night I actually used the Nerium I noticed a very "PLANT smell " which she had told me about. Now I can tell you... I found RoC Serum after reading many reviews and good ones at that, so I purchased this RoC deep wrinkle serum. It does have the lightest scent of "plant extract" which was most like the Nerium serum. I can't swear to it, but I like RoC serum alot, I have just purchased a third bottle of it, I do believe it has softened my deep smile lines, the fine lines around my eyes,and added a "glow" to my 57 yr old skin. Oh ..plus I can purchase it at my local Walgreens which has it on sale 19.95 or thereabout, usually $23.99 and I was able to use a $3.00 coupon from Target. They honor competitor coupons. I just wanted to share this with you all . I will continue to buy & use RoC Deep Wrinkle serum.Thnx for reading.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by littlefangfang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know why the review of this product is not as good as I expected. I actually really like this product. I used to use skinceutical retinol 0.5, and it was very effective but it did make my skin dry and peel. I started to try a less intense retinol product, and I found this one by accident. I'm really impressed with the result so far. The only reason why I didn't give it a 5 is because I don't like how strong it smells. It doesn't smell bad, but the scent is just too strong for my taste. I don't think I'd call this product a HG product of mine but if other people want to try a retinol product from the drug store I'd recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I prefer serums to creams since I have oily skin. Serums are generally lighter and are quickly absorbed. I was surprised at how good this serum is. After using it for only a week my skin was clearer with more refined pores and over-all a younger appearance. Deep lines seems less noticeable too. The surface of the skin is fresher looking. Usually I also have reddish areas around the chin and nose and these are much reduced. I'm impressed by the improvement. It does burn slightly on application but it's not much more than a tingle. Some retinol products are much harsher. I don't find there is much if any irritation. I can even use it around my eyes without any problem. The serum comes in an easy to use pump bottle that dispenses one large drop. I apply this one drop over a damp face from the shower at night. That's all you really need. I only use it at night but there is no reason why you couldn't wear it during the daytime as well. It does have a noticeable perfume which some may object to. It's a nice citrus-y smell but very definitely there. The pump bottle works well though isn't great for travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by koridixon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have not been great to my skin - tanning in my teens, wearing too much makeup, not moisturizing. I have been using Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer religiously for the past few months, but I felt like a serum might help a bit more. I picked Roc Retinol Serum up on sale (half off at Albertsons!) and I'm SO happy that I did!

I've been using for about a month, every morning before I apply my makeup. So far the results are amazing. Acne scars are fading drastically, and my pores have shrunken. My eye area is firmed and no longer appears constantly puffy and tired. The fine lines around my eyes are going away too. The line between my eyebrows has lessened. And for my very oily skin, this serum has been a blessing. Somehow it really helps control oil during the day. Overall, my face is very softer, brighter, and more even than ever. I've been using a lot less foundation and feel much more confident!

As far as cons - it can tingle or burn, especially in the eye area. For me, the tingling subsides in a minute or two and doesn't bother me much. If you are sensitive to fragrance you might be bothered by the scent.

For me, the product has done everything it claimed to do. If you're not expecting a face lift, or perhaps you're looking for a more proactive measure to wrinkles and aging skin, I'd definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by seoulsweets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This serum was a pleasant surprise. First off the packaging is glass and weighty so it feels more luxurious than other drug store serums. You can usually find the entire brand at buy 1 get 1 50% and can stack with coupons on their website.

It smells weird though, like hair dye but it absorbs to skin quickly and leaves it radiant the next day. On my sensitive skin, it didn't break me out even after using the entire bottle. Can't say if the small retinol % made a drastic difference to skin but I'd definitely recommend it for those in your 20s/30s as a preventative measure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Staaarlit

This product (3.3 stars) beats neutrogena ageless intensive deep wrinkle serum (2.8 stars).

I am in my early 20s and first used this when I was 19/20. Loved it then and thus have repurchased since. I have some fine lines on my forehead due to the nasty habit of raising my eyebrows; I also have marionette lines that are accentuated with lots of smiling and laughing. I use this product to target those lines and as a preventative tool for my anti-aging kit. Specifically and preferably, I use this 1-2x a week, at night, and during fall/winter months when there's less sunshine. Provided you use a sunscreen every day, it's no issue to use this during the more sunny months (Summer/Spring); I just prefer fall/winter to be safe since my skin is fair and I am prone to sunspots.

Effectiveness -- This product is effective to the extent of its price, meaning this product works well for its price ($20). Fine lines are minimized/blurred out. The skin looks tauter. I do see a difference when I wake up. Retinol is claimed to help with sunspots and acne. I'm not sure this really does anything to help fade my sunspots (doesn't seem like it helps), and I don't know how much it helps with acne. Maybe I'll give it to my bf to try to test the acne part. In any case, if you want to maintain the effects, you must maintain the use of it like you would a moisturizer to keep your face moisturized.

Early to mid 20s -- great for prevention

Late 20s to 30s -- affordable and fairly effective

40s and up -- do give this a try. It's a great retinol product for beginners. However, I do suggest that you invest in something more effective than this (unless you find this is effective enough for you). In your 40s and up, you should also be using peptides.

Fragrance -- it's not bad at all. There is a scent, but I don't find it bothersome.

Packaging -- heh, it's a heavy bottle. But very hygienic (it has a pump) and secured, so you can trust that the ingredients are stabilized. It's a nice looking bottle, too.

Repurchase --It's not something I care too much to have in my regimen. I find more important the use of sunscreens and ingredients/antioxidants like ascorbyl palmitate, and those are rather expensive, so I prefer to dish out on those than this product. I would probably buy 1 bottle per year (one bottle will last me from fall through winter months).

If you are searching for a retinol product to try out, I do recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by aliqueen28

I'm 27 years old and I needed something major for my skin! I started to see small signs of aging. I wear a lot of make-up and break out more than I should on my chin area. I bought this product because I heard good things about it. I am IN LOVE!!!! It got rid of my acne and it took out the lines on my forehead and laugh lines. Around my eyes even looks better. It looks GREAT under my make-up too. My skin is less oily and my breakout gone for good. Only use it at night though! it burns like crazy around your eye area if you use it too much. Over all I will buy this again :)