April 17, 2014 | 1067 users online

Treatments - RoC - Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by littlefangfang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know why the review of this product is not as good as I expected. I actually really like this product. I used to use skinceutical retinol 0.5, and it was very effective but it did make my skin dry and peel. I started to try a less intense retinol product, and I found this one by accident. I'm really impressed with the result so far. The only reason why I didn't give it a 5 is because I don't like how strong it smells. It doesn't smell bad, but the scent is just too strong for my taste. I don't think I'd call this product a HG product of mine but if other people want to try a retinol product from the drug store I'd recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I prefer serums to creams since I have oily skin. Serums are generally lighter and are quickly absorbed. I was surprised at how good this serum is. After using it for only a week my skin was clearer with more refined pores and over-all a younger appearance. Deep lines seems less noticeable too. The surface of the skin is fresher looking. Usually I also have reddish areas around the chin and nose and these are much reduced. I'm impressed by the improvement. It does burn slightly on application but it's not much more than a tingle. Some retinol products are much harsher. I don't find there is much if any irritation. I can even use it around my eyes without any problem. The serum comes in an easy to use pump bottle that dispenses one large drop. I apply this one drop over a damp face from the shower at night. That's all you really need. I only use it at night but there is no reason why you couldn't wear it during the daytime as well. It does have a noticeable perfume which some may object to. It's a nice citrus-y smell but very definitely there. The pump bottle works well though isn't great for travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by koridixon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have not been great to my skin - tanning in my teens, wearing too much makeup, not moisturizing. I have been using Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer religiously for the past few months, but I felt like a serum might help a bit more. I picked Roc Retinol Serum up on sale (half off at Albertsons!) and I'm SO happy that I did!

I've been using for about a month, every morning before I apply my makeup. So far the results are amazing. Acne scars are fading drastically, and my pores have shrunken. My eye area is firmed and no longer appears constantly puffy and tired. The fine lines around my eyes are going away too. The line between my eyebrows has lessened. And for my very oily skin, this serum has been a blessing. Somehow it really helps control oil during the day. Overall, my face is very softer, brighter, and more even than ever. I've been using a lot less foundation and feel much more confident!

As far as cons - it can tingle or burn, especially in the eye area. For me, the tingling subsides in a minute or two and doesn't bother me much. If you are sensitive to fragrance you might be bothered by the scent.

For me, the product has done everything it claimed to do. If you're not expecting a face lift, or perhaps you're looking for a more proactive measure to wrinkles and aging skin, I'd definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by seoulsweets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This serum was a pleasant surprise. First off the packaging is glass and weighty so it feels more luxurious than other drug store serums. You can usually find the entire brand at buy 1 get 1 50% and can stack with coupons on their website.

It smells weird though, like hair dye but it absorbs to skin quickly and leaves it radiant the next day. On my sensitive skin, it didn't break me out even after using the entire bottle. Can't say if the small retinol % made a drastic difference to skin but I'd definitely recommend it for those in your 20s/30s as a preventative measure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Staaarlit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product (3.3 stars) beats neutrogena ageless intensive deep wrinkle serum (2.8 stars).

I am in my early 20s and first used this when I was 19/20. Loved it then and thus have repurchased since. I have some fine lines on my forehead due to the nasty habit of raising my eyebrows; I also have marionette lines that are accentuated with lots of smiling and laughing. I use this product to target those lines and as a preventative tool for my anti-aging kit. Specifically and preferably, I use this 1-2x a week, at night, and during fall/winter months when there's less sunshine. Provided you use a sunscreen every day, it's no issue to use this during the more sunny months (Summer/Spring); I just prefer fall/winter to be safe since my skin is fair and I am prone to sunspots.

Effectiveness -- This product is effective to the extent of its price, meaning this product works well for its price ($20). Fine lines are minimized/blurred out. The skin looks tauter. I do see a difference when I wake up. Retinol is claimed to help with sunspots and acne. I'm not sure this really does anything to help fade my sunspots (doesn't seem like it helps), and I don't know how much it helps with acne. Maybe I'll give it to my bf to try to test the acne part. In any case, if you want to maintain the effects, you must maintain the use of it like you would a moisturizer to keep your face moisturized.

Early to mid 20s -- great for prevention

Late 20s to 30s -- affordable and fairly effective

40s and up -- do give this a try. It's a great retinol product for beginners. However, I do suggest that you invest in something more effective than this (unless you find this is effective enough for you). In your 40s and up, you should also be using peptides.

Fragrance -- it's not bad at all. There is a scent, but I don't find it bothersome.

Packaging -- heh, it's a heavy bottle. But very hygienic (it has a pump) and secured, so you can trust that the ingredients are stabilized. It's a nice looking bottle, too.

Repurchase --It's not something I care too much to have in my regimen. I find more important the use of sunscreens and ingredients/antioxidants like ascorbyl palmitate, and those are rather expensive, so I prefer to dish out on those than this product. I would probably buy 1 bottle per year (one bottle will last me from fall through winter months).

If you are searching for a retinol product to try out, I do recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by aliqueen28

I'm 27 years old and I needed something major for my skin! I started to see small signs of aging. I wear a lot of make-up and break out more than I should on my chin area. I bought this product because I heard good things about it. I am IN LOVE!!!! It got rid of my acne and it took out the lines on my forehead and laugh lines. Around my eyes even looks better. It looks GREAT under my make-up too. My skin is less oily and my breakout gone for good. Only use it at night though! it burns like crazy around your eye area if you use it too much. Over all I will buy this again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Anita09

OMG
Holy grail product!!
I am 20 years old and I know I dont have wrinkles but my dermatologist said that the 20's are a good time to start wrinkle prevention. This serum has evened out my dark spots and marks on my face, made my skin soft to the touch and smoothed out a lot of the fine lines around my nose!

What I did not expect was this product to actually clear up my acne! The vitamin A in this serum helps gently exfoliate my skin and helps prevent the pores from getting clogged. Within the first week of using this serum my mild acne has diminished to almost nothing. I ued get a few new pimples a month now I get MAYBE one pimple during my period. This stuff has seriously transformed my skin!! I'M IN LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Didn't clog my pores too bad. THis has a lot of loyal followers for results. The short time I used it, it did seem to give me a "glow" and almost plump up my skin a bit. The price is fair.

CONS: The smell, the smell, the smell. I can often overlook a bad smell if I'm going to get results. I just HATE this smell. Some reviewers said it smelled like coffee. I'm sorry if this sounds snotty, but I don't ever want to drink their coffee. I love the smell of coffee, but this doesn't smell a lot like coffee to me. I can detect a bit of burnt coffee smell under the overpowering odor of lighter fluid or paint thinner. So horrible and so strong.

ALTERNATES: I like the Resist retinol serum by Paula's Choice for less depth in wrinkles, and it's very good for my sensitive skin (and NO added fragrance.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by HeidiML

Have been using this product for 9 weeks now, 2x a day, morning and night after washing my face. I smooth it all over my face and neck, let it dry, then top with a light moisturizer (SPF 15 for day). I absolutely without a doubt notice a change in my skin! No joke, this stuff works. 1) fine lines much less noticeable 2) skin tone evened out 3) small discolorations gone 4) face looks "fresh". The biggest applause for this stuff is that I'm now perfectly comfortable with how my skin looks when I don't have make up on - this serum is that good. Previously I felt I always need some kind of foundation. When I do use make up I still use powder foundation and haven't had any problems applying after using this product.

I'm middle-aged, fair skin. Even using this product twice a day right from the start I didn't have any reaction - no redness, irritation, etc. I do feel a moisturizer is needed after the serum dries, a light moisturizer that according to Roc should not also contain retinol/anti-aging product.

I've also had great results from Mary Kay's similar products - however it's so much easier to grab things when I'm out at the store than ordering from a rep (sorry Mary Kay). This was actually on sale when I bought it, but I would definitely pay full price (which is around $20). It's pricier than other similar store brands but MUCH cheaper than the serums sold at department store make up counters. And, it's worth every penny spent. This is good stuff.

The bottle is 1 oz, small and classy looking, pump dispenser - which is nice b/c only a little bit is needed. Roc recommends sunscreen/care in the sun when using this product as it can increase sensitivity to the sun. I didn't notice a big increase in sun sensitivity, but then again I wasn't applying this and then going to the beach for the day. So, not sure about that. I guess just be a little extra careful in the sun while using this product.

Overall - very good product, will definitely buy this again (as in, buying more before this even runs out!). Yeah! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by sueqp

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product on and off for about 7 years now. I try the new expensive serums from the department and specialty stores but I always end up coming back to this one. It only takes a day or two before I see the results which include much firmer, smoother skin. Really helps those fine lines stay fine and barely noticeable. Also, I have a few age spots and this is one of the few products I have tried that actually makes them fade away completely. It can be drying so I use it 5 days/weekly and then on the weekends switch to a serum that is much more plumping and moisturizing. I always use a good night cream with it.
I'm happy to say that I get lots of compliments on my skin even though I was a sun worshiper in my youth. Even though I'm approaching my 60s I don't need foundation, just a blush or a bronzer and a dab of my cover-up pen here and there. I think if you take the time and use the right products you can eventually correct a lot of the damage caused by the sun and acne. Just get into a good night-time routine and stick with it.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No