July 23, 2014 | 1298 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk Root Perfect [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I really like this product! Here's why:

1. Easy to mix. Just a simple bottle of developer and a small bottle of color. Pour one into the other and shake. Presto!
    2. The applicator is genius! It's a narrow sponge, almost like a bingo dobber :). It makes it super easy to just dab the color where you need it and saturate the root area.
    3. Color is seamless and blends perfectly with hair color.
    4. Very inexpensive. I paid less than $4 at CVS. Much cheaper than the other brands.

I did take off one lippie because it drips quite badly. I think next time I will apply the color a bit more sparingly to try and prevent this. I had to really wipe a lot of color off my forehead and neck. Other than that little caveat, I would definitely recommend this and will buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have been using the nice and easy root touch up kit for years, which was fine, but this one is so much better! so easy, and the color (medium brown) just blended my grays away. i love the applicator, makes putting this on in the morning before my work shower simple. no mixing and brushes and stuff. the applicator reminds me of the old bingo markers my grandmother used to have. great product, i will continue to buy this one over the nice and easy one for now on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by kitty62

Sponge bottle applicator makes this MUCH easier to use than the Nice 'n Easy one. Cheaper, too, and less messy. Unfortunately there aren't as many color offerings. My hair is professionally colored a medium-dark warm chocolate brown. Because of availability issues, I've used three different shades of this -- the dark and medium brown versions as well as the medium golden brown -- and haven't noticed much of a difference in the results. That could be because I use it just on a very small area -- along my hairline, at the temples and the sides of my forehead (Yes, I have to toss a lot of it.) It covers my resistant gray pretty well and if I use it at the 4-week mark, I can stretch my pro dye job to 6 weeks. I sense this product is getting harder and harder to find in stores. Even Revlon's web site indicates fewer shades than were once available (no more medium golden brown, looks like), so stock up, ladies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the one I use. Tried the expensive one, the Clairol one, and this is it. The Dark Auburn color matches me well. The amount- well, it's for your hairline a part and a bit more. Since I usually pay less than $4 for it, I'd say it's priced very well (the Clairol is almost double the price). I like the applicator a lot and I scoop out a little with a Q-tip to c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y do my eye brows (it covers the greys in the brows pretty well and is cheaper than $28 at the salon). The Clairol faded quickly; this does not (that is impressive for red shades). Only drawback- my CVS stopped carrying it so I order it online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Count me in as another satisfied customer! I bought the kit for auburn-red hair as my dirty blonde roots were coming in quicker than I'd like, and I needed something quick. Not only did it process quite nicely in 10 minutes, I was even able to get my husband to do my hairline at the back of my neck---something I can't get him to do when I usually touch up my roots because he's not a fan of getting dye all over him ;)

The color matches my current shade perfectly, and I used almost all of the bottle on the roots that needed to be covered up. I rinsed out the bottle and applicator to mix up some dye on my own the next time my roots show up or the color I used isn't available for some reason.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in shadow 01 - Black when I saw it on sale for $2. I normally use Colorsilk in Black to color my hair so I figured this would be perfect. I was surprised at how little hair color you actually get, I was barely able to cover all of my roots, but I LOVE the applicator. It's super easy to use and totally mess-free. The color didn't match my roots though, they came out a very dark red-toned brown. I won't be buying this again, I did clean out and save the applicator though so that I can use it with my regular Colorsilk hair color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by dreeme

Very nice product, easy to use. The sponge applicator works very well. The only drawback is you have to mix the entire bottle and have to toss the rest, this can be a waste if you only have to do some roots here and there. The advantage of the Clairol Root Touch-Up is you can mix as much or little as you need and save the rest for the next time. I do wish this Colorsilk came in more colors/shades.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product for touching up gray roots. It gives perfect coverage. However, the downside is the color. I have used both the Light Auburn and the Dark Auburn and both shades left me with Dark Brown Hair. Not exactly the look that I was going for. Also, this product seems to be getting quite scarce, so, I managed to save the bottle and applicator and will use a different product (probably from Sally's) and put it in the applicator for other touchups.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really great, nice n easy touch up was horrible.. I was so skeptical of this but it went on really nice not messy, and you get a very good amount to cover. I have about 20% grey hair thats hard to cover, i left it on 15 mins, covered 100% and matched the rest of my hair, I couldnt believe how easy it was.

try this,

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sephora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really great product. Easy to use, not messy and looks great. Much better than Clairol and others. Too bad I can't find it in Canada !