April 16, 2014 | 1386 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by nutella2683

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!! First and foremost, I love Tarte because their products are vegan and cruelty free... great on both fronts since I care about what I put on my body and is absorbed into it AND because animal testing is sickening and unjustifiable to me... I can truly feel good about using this product!! Anyway, so since I've been oiling and naturally treating my lashes they've grown even more full and longer and this mascara really accentuates that-- Definitely the best I've ever used. It's a fiber formula that (stored at proper temperature) is a nice liquid formulation that glides on easily and creates more volume as you repeatedly glide over and layer it. If it clumps just leave it to dry a bit and then you can take your index finger and in a gentle back and forth motion going up the lash from bas to tip, you can easily separate them again or with a clean mascara wand. Also if you wait a few minutes you can apply more and with the buildable flexible fiber formula it just adds more length and more volume!! It totally looks like I have a full set of lash extensions with this mascara my eyes are nicely framed in a dark and luscious way. Definitely happy with this product and a tube lasts for at least 6 months- totally justifies price for quality and effectiveness! 5 lippies.

Tip: If it looks like it's hardened a bit in the tube then you can run the tube (closed) under hot water to get the formula to loosen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

This mascara does a great job at lengthening your lashes and giving them volume. It doesn't end up looking clumpy and it keeps the curl of your lashes. This mascara ended up smudging on me but the good thing is that it didn't keep reoccurring after wiping it away like most mascaras tend to do. It's not worth it for me to be paying so much for a mascara that does the same as a drugstore mascara. I personally think the packaging of this product is hideous and makes it hard for you to hold onto the wand. The wand is pretty chunky and can get messy when applying mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

This mascara isn't anything special, though the packaging is super cute. I agree with a number of other reviewers- it's a very wet formula that doesn't add much volume or length. It'll give you a natural look with a nice dark color. I'd compare it to Maybelline's Full n Soft... however, Maybelline's Full n Soft is $15 less.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by idkhelpme

The main reason why I love this mascara so much is because of how waterproof it is. The smudging that I got from other mascaras - even waterproof ones - was too much. I decided to go to Sephora and pick this up... it's 25$ in Canada. It really gives me the look that I want and it's very waterproof, it stays on for the whole day and sometimes it even stays when I go in the shower, which may or may not be something you like. Someone has asked me if I was wearing fake eyelashes while wearing this. If you find yourself going to the drugstore to buy new mascaras all the time like I was definitely invest in this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by WavesChild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is VERY waterproof and sweat proof. This lasts all day at school and through hours of sports after. It holds a curl very well, even overnight. It's a little bit hard to get off with a makeup wipe so coconut oil works for me. It doesn't give any volume at all but it lengthens pretty well. If you are any type of an athlete or if you live in a humid climate, I would highly recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just so-so. As others have mentioned, it doesn't offer much oomph in terms of length or volume but it is decent for natural-but-polished lash look. It doesn't flake, which is my mascara deal-breaker (being that I wear contacts) but does smudge a small amount toward the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was a little disappointed in this mascara. It's a very wet formula, normally waterproof mascaras are a little on the dry side. It did hold up well on my lower lashes though, no running or smudging. I bought this to put over my Tarte Lights Camera Lashes non-waterproof mascara to lock in the curl and not smudge. Since this formula is rather wet it just wilts my lashes curl. I'll finish this tube but won't repurchase the waterproof version.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Caseyyy24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really disappointed in this mascara. I wanted a waterproof mascara and I love Tarte's products so I decided to try it. It makes my lashes stick together and doesn't seem to lengthen them or give them any volume. I love the design of the tube but the actual product falls flat and is definitely not worth the money. Maybe I will try their non waterproof version and see if it works my better.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by weirdhologurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the original Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes mascara so I figured I'd give the waterproof formula a go. This turned out to be a bad idea.

The formula consistency is very wet and and takes at least 10 minutes to fully dry. I was left with smudges and marks all over my eyelid before I even put on setting spray. It was also difficult to separate lashes if they clumped together.

It does make lashes nice & dark, and I didn't notice flaking throughout the day, but the prep work just to apply it was too much to make me love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always have mascara flake or smudge on me during the summer so I purchased this waterproof mascara. It really works! I use this over Tarte's lash primer to give me volume otherwise this mascara on its own gives a very natural look. I also find it removes easily with my MAC cleansing oil. A summer must have!