Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

3.6

Isododecane, aqua, pentaerythriyl hydrogenated rosinate, cyclopentasiloxane, PVP/eicosene copolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, polybutene, cera alba, cera carnauba, alcohol, polyquaternium -10, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, ethylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499)

on 7/16/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Didn't do much for my lashes at all. No volume and very little length. Brush was fine. no issues with it. I liked that it didn't smudge or flake at all during the day and I am prone to raccoon eyes. Would not repurchase.

on 7/4/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After much debate on whether or not I should get this, I finally did. For months I had seen Ingrid rave about how amazing this mascara was and I had been on the hunt for a good waterproof mascara as well. So I went for it. After my first use, I didn't really like it.
The formula is a lot wetter than I'm used too and it is very easy to make a mess with this mascara as well. If I'm in a rush I can either end up with mascara on my eyelid or even a line on the side of my face from the wand touching it by accident. But over all, I think this is a pretty good mascara. Since the formula is wetter, it is a bit easier to build it up and while it is waterproof, it is very easy to take off at the end of the night. I don't experience any flaking with this one and it doesn't irritate my eyes at all.
I've been liking waterproof mascaras ever since I started wearing contacts that this has been holding up pretty well so far. Tarte has always been a brand I've liked but never really wanted to try many of their products but I am glad I gave this one a go. And while this can be a bit expensive I say wait till Beauty Brands has their mascara sale and stock up then if it's on sale. I think if you want a mascara that it pretty waterproof but easy to remove, try this one out. I hate it when a mascara never wants to come off. Yes that means that it is doing what it is supposed to do but I'd rather not have to scrub my eyes till they hurt to get it off and this mascara keeps me from doing that. While I don't buy this at full price if it is in the Beauty Brands sale, I will repurchase it though. It is a bit tough to get the hang of it but once you do then it will be a lot better.

on 6/6/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was on the hunt for a cruelty free waterproof mascara. I read plenty of reviews on MUA, but hadn't settled on a brand. I don't particularly like to buy HE mascara's so i was looking mainly at DS products. I thought about buying a NYX mascara because I had been using their Doll Eyes length and loving it. But I really didn't like their waterproof version, and if I bought the awesome non waterproof version along with the waterproof version to use as a "top coat" I would be spending at least $20. So I felt I might as well go buy a tube of HE mascara and cut back on the waste.

On the day I went out shopping I just said "I am going with Tarte." IDK. I threw all caution to the wind. I didn't act the way I would normally with making such a purchase but I am glad I did.

It does come out a bit wet, and on the plus side that makes it buldable. But it seems to dry nicely. Holds curl well. No flaking. Is a tad bit hard to take off, but my coconut oil seems to do the trick. I would recommend a good eyelash comb- I like the Sonia Kashuk foldable one- to use along with this mascara; if my mascara dries and I am not done applying the comb comes in handy then too.

The main 2 reasons I decided to get a waterproof mascara was because my eyes water a lot, and my old mascara wasn't holding my curl very well. This stuff has fixed those problems and met my standards as far as flaking, adding length and volume, and texture. Definitely a repurchase.

on 4/30/2015 1:42:00 AM

I really love this mascara. It works very well with me. I came across this product as I was trying to find a dry formula mascara for my Asian eyelashes and some had recommended this so I gave it a shot. It was $27 at Sephora (Aus) and $15 for mini... A little pricey. But in the end it worked pretty well. It did not flake for me or smudge like Maybelline and Covergirl mascaras do! It also keeps my curl, lengthens as well as volumizes. I will continue to use and repurchase this.

on 12/17/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

It's great for those looking for natural looks 😚 I personally believe that awkward moment of control over-the-knee injury feeling I had in my eye when I poked it with this little mascara Wang, be careful is small but hurtful if you're not careful 😢 I had visit my eye doctor to make sure wasn't serious, I was in rush today and did to fast the mascara that poked my inner eye ball . This should come with warnings. I got this in my ipsy bag and glad didn't pay full price . I plan to just use it on my slower days. It makes my lashes longer straight but doesn't curl and diff layers makes it look like spider women's nightmare. I am sticky about this mascara.

on 12/10/2014 12:52:00 AM

This is one of those products that I loved at first but got worse over time. It gave me lots of length. I also liked that it didn't feel stiff or make my eyelashes feel "crunchy" like a lot of water proof mascaras do. But over time, it started to clump up. It's not very buildable for that reason which is no good when you're not working with a lot of lashes to begin with. The bristles are sharp and poke me in the eye or eyelid. And it flakes so badly! It gets in my eyes and I cry off my makeup. Luckily I got this for $10.99 during Beauty Brands' Lash Bash because I'd never pay full price for it. Good but not great. I likely won't be repurchasing.

on 11/25/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I enjoyed this mascara so much! It gave me length and volume with out looking too clumpy or unnatural! It was also super waterproof so I was never scared about wearing it swimming or in the rain. The waterproof formula holds a curl so well! The only bad thing about this is the price. It is $20 USD. Personally, that is pretty expensive for a mascara, but compared to other higher end mascaras its not crazy. But, even for the price, I would purchase it again!

on 8/24/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is probably one of the best cruelty-free mainstream waterproof mascaras available on the market today. But is it one of the best waterproof mascaras? No.

Pros:
- clean definition
- doesn't flake
- truly waterproof
- ability to apply multiple coats without clumping

Cons:
- wet formula (makes my lashes lose their curl if I apply too much)
- dries slightly stiff (but not as stiff as Maybelline Great Lash --- ugh that is the worst mascara ever)
- brush design clumps lashes together instead of providing separation/making them feathery
- doesn't provide much volume

All in all, I'd stick with my HG Urban Decay Cannonball.

on 7/28/2014 7:22:00 PM

This mascara was alright. It made my lashes look much longer and fuller, however, it flaked horribly right out of the bottle. Most waterproof mascaras tend to flake off throughout the day because of the formula, but this one would flake and smear within minutes of application. Such a downer, because it made my lashes look so nice!

on 7/21/2014 6:58:00 AM

The problem with this mascara is that it dries out SO fast. It works great when you first open it... But after a month it's....meh