Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

3.6

Isododecane, aqua, pentaerythriyl hydrogenated rosinate, cyclopentasiloxane, PVP/eicosene copolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, polybutene, cera alba, cera carnauba, alcohol, polyquaternium -10, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, ethylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm glad I got this as a gift.... because I wouldn't spend any cents on this. It's good if you have thin lashes since it gives you thickening effect, but it doesn't hold up curls, lengthening nor smudge proof. It takes a while to dry too, like a liquid liner - something that never happened to me from my drugstore mascaras. If you have any extra cash to buy high end brand mascara, go get benefit's. This isn't worth it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why people are hatin' on this product. I love it! I have sparse and thin lashes and this really helped to make them seem thicker & longer. It holds a curl up well and is super waterproof. I wore it swimming and it didn't even budge. With an oil cleanser it removes really well with no irritation to my eyes. Yes it is a wet formula but I personally prefer it this way. And also, the packaging is cute as hell :D

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ummmmm, what is this even? It's like putting black watercolor paint onto your lashes. Not waterproof, not buildable, and makes you look like you have just a few weird, spiky eyelashes. I have great eyelashes already, but I am a mascara junkie. Most mascaras are perfectly fine, but this is not even that. It's so weird because I had great experince with Lights, Camera, Lashes. So bizarre.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This did hold my curl but no matter what I tried on different occasions, this was clumpy and just made my lashes look awful. It almost wore to a gray color after just a few hours. Very weird.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

An interesting mascara. It can be great if you can make it work for you. That's the thing, is you have to know how to use it. First of all, the mascara is very wet, and stays wet for a solid 5 minutes after application. Also, this mascara is not very buildable. If you want to build it up, you must let it completely dry before your next coat. That can be very annoying, though, as it take at least 5 minutes between each coat. Also, this mascara is definitely not for you girls out there who like very dramatic, full, thick, long, false-looking eyelashes. It is for girls who prefer a more natural look, and it works for me for this reason. It can clump very easily if you try to build it up too fast, or if you apply too many coats. It's a perfect mascara for girls who like a natural look, and who don't mind a wet formula that can take a little while to dry. It works well waterproof-wise, as it stays put and never budges until I decide to wash it off at the end of the day. It washes off relatively easily with my cleansing oil. The price isn't too bad, either, when you compare it to Diorshow or other Dior mascaras, or YSL mascaras. I highly recommend the Dior Iconic Overcurl in waterproof if you prefer something a little less wet, and prefer a mascara with a little more drama and oomph. Overall a good mascara for day-to-day wear and natural makeup looks.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Didn't do much for my lashes at all. No volume and very little length. Brush was fine. no issues with it. I liked that it didn't smudge or flake at all during the day and I am prone to raccoon eyes. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After much debate on whether or not I should get this, I finally did. For months I had seen Ingrid rave about how amazing this mascara was and I had been on the hunt for a good waterproof mascara as well. So I went for it. After my first use, I didn't really like it.
The formula is a lot wetter than I'm used too and it is very easy to make a mess with this mascara as well. If I'm in a rush I can either end up with mascara on my eyelid or even a line on the side of my face from the wand touching it by accident. But over all, I think this is a pretty good mascara. Since the formula is wetter, it is a bit easier to build it up and while it is waterproof, it is very easy to take off at the end of the night. I don't experience any flaking with this one and it doesn't irritate my eyes at all.
I've been liking waterproof mascaras ever since I started wearing contacts that this has been holding up pretty well so far. Tarte has always been a brand I've liked but never really wanted to try many of their products but I am glad I gave this one a go. And while this can be a bit expensive I say wait till Beauty Brands has their mascara sale and stock up then if it's on sale. I think if you want a mascara that it pretty waterproof but easy to remove, try this one out. I hate it when a mascara never wants to come off. Yes that means that it is doing what it is supposed to do but I'd rather not have to scrub my eyes till they hurt to get it off and this mascara keeps me from doing that. While I don't buy this at full price if it is in the Beauty Brands sale, I will repurchase it though. It is a bit tough to get the hang of it but once you do then it will be a lot better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was on the hunt for a cruelty free waterproof mascara. I read plenty of reviews on MUA, but hadn't settled on a brand. I don't particularly like to buy HE mascara's so i was looking mainly at DS products. I thought about buying a NYX mascara because I had been using their Doll Eyes length and loving it. But I really didn't like their waterproof version, and if I bought the awesome non waterproof version along with the waterproof version to use as a "top coat" I would be spending at least $20. So I felt I might as well go buy a tube of HE mascara and cut back on the waste.

On the day I went out shopping I just said "I am going with Tarte." IDK. I threw all caution to the wind. I didn't act the way I would normally with making such a purchase but I am glad I did.

It does come out a bit wet, and on the plus side that makes it buldable. But it seems to dry nicely. Holds curl well. No flaking. Is a tad bit hard to take off, but my coconut oil seems to do the trick. I would recommend a good eyelash comb- I like the Sonia Kashuk foldable one- to use along with this mascara; if my mascara dries and I am not done applying the comb comes in handy then too.

The main 2 reasons I decided to get a waterproof mascara was because my eyes water a lot, and my old mascara wasn't holding my curl very well. This stuff has fixed those problems and met my standards as far as flaking, adding length and volume, and texture. Definitely a repurchase.

I really love this mascara. It works very well with me. I came across this product as I was trying to find a dry formula mascara for my Asian eyelashes and some had recommended this so I gave it a shot. It was $27 at Sephora (Aus) and $15 for mini... A little pricey. But in the end it worked pretty well. It did not flake for me or smudge like Maybelline and Covergirl mascaras do! It also keeps my curl, lengthens as well as volumizes. I will continue to use and repurchase this.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

It's great for those looking for natural looks 😚 I personally believe that awkward moment of control over-the-knee injury feeling I had in my eye when I poked it with this little mascara Wang, be careful is small but hurtful if you're not careful 😢 I had visit my eye doctor to make sure wasn't serious, I was in rush today and did to fast the mascara that poked my inner eye ball . This should come with warnings. I got this in my ipsy bag and glad didn't pay full price . I plan to just use it on my slower days. It makes my lashes longer straight but doesn't curl and diff layers makes it look like spider women's nightmare. I am sticky about this mascara.

Popular Mascaras