December 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's great for those looking for natural looks 😚 I personally believe that awkward moment of control over-the-knee injury feeling I had in my eye when I poked it with this little mascara Wang, be careful is small but hurtful if you're not careful 😢 I had visit my eye doctor to make sure wasn't serious, I was in rush today and did to fast the mascara that poked my inner eye ball . This should come with warnings. I got this in my ipsy bag and glad didn't pay full price . I plan to just use it on my slower days. It makes my lashes longer straight but doesn't curl and diff layers makes it look like spider women's nightmare. I am sticky about this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by cfcupcakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products that I loved at first but got worse over time. It gave me lots of length. I also liked that it didn't feel stiff or make my eyelashes feel "crunchy" like a lot of water proof mascaras do. But over time, it started to clump up. It's not very buildable for that reason which is no good when you're not working with a lot of lashes to begin with. The bristles are sharp and poke me in the eye or eyelid. And it flakes so badly! It gets in my eyes and I cry off my makeup. Luckily I got this for $10.99 during Beauty Brands' Lash Bash because I'd never pay full price for it. Good but not great. I likely won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by isabelleant

I enjoyed this mascara so much! It gave me length and volume with out looking too clumpy or unnatural! It was also super waterproof so I was never scared about wearing it swimming or in the rain. The waterproof formula holds a curl so well! The only bad thing about this is the price. It is $20 USD. Personally, that is pretty expensive for a mascara, but compared to other higher end mascaras its not crazy. But, even for the price, I would purchase it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of the best cruelty-free mainstream waterproof mascaras available on the market today. But is it one of the best waterproof mascaras? No.

Pros:
- clean definition
- doesn't flake
- truly waterproof
- ability to apply multiple coats without clumping

Cons:
- wet formula (makes my lashes lose their curl if I apply too much)
- dries slightly stiff (but not as stiff as Maybelline Great Lash --- ugh that is the worst mascara ever)
- brush design clumps lashes together instead of providing separation/making them feathery
- doesn't provide much volume

All in all, I'd stick with my HG Urban Decay Cannonball.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by BeckyWithaY

This mascara was alright. It made my lashes look much longer and fuller, however, it flaked horribly right out of the bottle. Most waterproof mascaras tend to flake off throughout the day because of the formula, but this one would flake and smear within minutes of application. Such a downer, because it made my lashes look so nice!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by BelaBlue

The problem with this mascara is that it dries out SO fast. It works great when you first open it... But after a month it's....meh

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

No. Just "No".

My only regret besides chucking out over $20 for this was the fact that I didn't keep my receipt.

I bought a small version of the non-waterproof Lights, Camera because I needed a travel tube and at the time they didn't have the smaller Too Faced BTS mascara for sale. Using the small tube, I thought..."hmm...this isn't half bad, but I do prefer waterproof so maybe I'll go back and try it." They didn't have mini version of waterproof so I threw all caution (or all $20) to the wind and bought it, with the knowledge that I already do like some of Tarte's other makeup products.

And then I tried it...and tried it...and tried it. No matter which way I used it I came up with the same result - short, semi-thick and super stiff (almost crusty) lashes. It's hard to build mascara when the result between coats is so stiff you're afraid your lashes will break off.

Now, I will say they didn't lie when they said "waterproof" as it does stay on well in sweat and during a nap. I cannot attest to it's waterproof-ness in the ocean as I didn't like it enough to wear it during my last surf session.

$20 gone and lesson learned.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thereís absolutely no reason to pay $20 for this.

What I like: Very black, certainly waterproof and long-wearing, defining.

Donít like: Letís be honest, ďdefiningĒ is like the most basic thing a mascara can do. I have relatively long lashes to begin with yet this did absolutely nothing for them. It had absolutely no lengthening and was impossible to add volume no matter the coats. Iíve never experienced such a dud. The formula is so watery. Having long lashes, it smudges all around my lids when I apply it, and of course isnít easy to remove. The rubber bristles on the wand are so short it makes it hard to control application and takes longer to apply. The packaging is cute but annoyingly gimmicky; I much rather not have my mascara take up so much space.

Overall, I would return this, but it was a gift. So Iíll keep it around for when Iíll be swimming or use it as a final coat over better performing mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff wasn't terrible, but that's not really something I'd like to say about a purchase. Not terrible is not good enough. It did go on smoothly, but I didn't find I could build for more drama. It ended up clumping around the base of my lashes like crazy, too. I didn't have many smudges, which is a good thing. I just wasn't wowed, and didn't feel like the staying factor was anything to write home about. Super easy to remove, because at the end of the day it was mostly gone. I love Tarte as a company, but won't be buying this mascara again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by nutella2683

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!! First and foremost, I love Tarte because their products are vegan and cruelty free... great on both fronts since I care about what I put on my body and is absorbed into it AND because animal testing is sickening and unjustifiable to me... I can truly feel good about using this product!! Anyway, so since I've been oiling and naturally treating my lashes they've grown even more full and longer and this mascara really accentuates that-- Definitely the best I've ever used. It's a fiber formula that (stored at proper temperature) is a nice liquid formulation that glides on easily and creates more volume as you repeatedly glide over and layer it. If it clumps just leave it to dry a bit and then you can take your index finger and in a gentle back and forth motion going up the lash from bas to tip, you can easily separate them again or with a clean mascara wand. Also if you wait a few minutes you can apply more and with the buildable flexible fiber formula it just adds more length and more volume!! It totally looks like I have a full set of lash extensions with this mascara my eyes are nicely framed in a dark and luscious way. Definitely happy with this product and a tube lasts for at least 6 months- totally justifies price for quality and effectiveness! 5 lippies.

Tip: If it looks like it's hardened a bit in the tube then you can run the tube (closed) under hot water to get the formula to loosen.