L'Oreal Aishwarya's greens

2.9

on 9/12/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like this kit quite a bit but I find that the murky matte pale olive shade is unwearable. Three colors would have been sufficient. The shimmer is very nice and the colors are not as pigmented as say, the hip line, also from L'Oreal. I tend to never wear the different shades the way the package suggests but it does give instructions on how to wear them. I think this kit gives me a subtle but striking daytime look and complements my eye color well.

on 7/21/2011 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The coppery red brown and the olive green are gorgeous, the two highlight shades are absolute crap - no pigment and apply blotchy.

on 10/29/2010 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG eyeshadow quad. I see that there have been many comments about poor color saturation, but that has not been my experience. The greens are more subtle in tone, but I think that is due to the fact that they are khaki/wasabi colors vs. mint/teal. I work in an office with tons of natural light and this eyeshadow is perfect! As an everyday, work eyeshadow it gives a nice twist on neutral without looking totally unnatural with my brown eyes, red hair & medium skin tone. I am able to create an interesting, "smokey-ish" look, a bit of eye drama, without making me look like a drag queen in full daylight.

on 6/29/2010 10:59:00 PM

One of the worst cosmetic products I have ever purchased. I thought the colors looked beautiful in the package, and they looked like they would suit my greenish-brown eyes.
The pigmentation on these is terrible. There was no color payoff on my lids, not even after multiple layers... not with primer... not when applied wet. It's almost like my brushes weren't picking up any product when I swept it across the pan. So weird, and such a disappointment. How is it that this palette was such garbage, and yet the HiP line is so fantastic? It would be nice if you were consistent, L'Oreal.

Don't waste your money on this.

on 2/4/2010 12:15:00 AM

I picked this quad up because of the pretty muted olive shades, even though I've never liked L'Oreal shadows, and my fears were confirmed.
This has little pigment and barely shows up, even wet. I got this in a 99 cents store, so let's hope L'Oreal is discontinuing their bad shadows, and improving them, as Maybelline and other ds lines have recently.
Classy black and gold slim case--but who cares when the product is bad?

on 8/23/2009 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

First words.... I wish I would have checked out the reviews before purchasing this product. It was on sale at my local grocery store for $4.89, and then I had a $1.00 coupon. I only paid $3.89 for this quad, so to sum it up, you sometimes get what you pay for. The pigmentation in this quad is awful. L'Oreal really needs to get these OFF the shelves and go back to the drawing board. I had to use so much product to get a descent amount of color to show on my eyes, and I already primed my eye with UDPP. With all that product and work, I was left with a very neutral eye, that would be appropriate for work, or everyday, but I had to use an insane amount of product. I was disappointed to say the least. This has been my only L'oreal eyeshadow purchase, (besides HIP), and L'oreal really needs to step up their game. I would have been very mad if I would have paid regular price for this. I have much better colors in L.A. Colors eyeshadow palettes that only cost a buck. Come on L'Oreal, do better.

on 7/10/2009 5:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The only color that I like or even shows up on my skin is the dark brown. The other 3 colors won't show unless I do 5 or 6 layers. I have to say I do like the dark brown. It has the right amount of shimmer and color. After I've used it all I'll probably search for that color as a single or in a different brand.

I saw this on sale for $8 CND and I thought hmm it looks great on Aish so it must be good! I regret buying this! The color has NO pigment and you can't even see it. I applied several layers and nothing.

EDIT: I used Urban Decay Primer Potion first and then tried it, it comes out better this way! UDPP is a MUST have people!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was extremly excited to get this product when I saw it, as I've never seen eyeshadow esspecially for green-eyed people. However, I was disappointed. The colors were gorgeous, but when I applied the first two, you could barely see them. I will be returning this as soon as I can, and I would not reccomend this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I, too, was tempted to try this when I saw the beautiful, gorgeous Aishwarya Rai, though I would be interested anyway because I'm always looking for the perfect color(s) for my green eyes; I definitely found it in this. This is the best eyeshadow I have ever tried. The colors are indescribably amazing. Earthy and glamourous at the same time. They make my green eyes pop and don't overpower my fair complexion. These colors would look great on people of any ethnicity with any hair color or skin tone. This eyeshadow definitely has universal appeal. Definitely my HG eyeshadow.