October 1, 2014 | 2031 users online

Brows - MAC - Brow Shader - Browning and Porcelaine

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been using this for years to fill my sparse Asian brows, and was really upset when I read here that this had been discontinued! I couldn't believe my luck when I found this in Sephora, so for those of you who are still looking for this, it is still available in Asia!

I agree with another reviewer that this is the perfect colour for Asians with fair skin (I am an NC15). It is very natural looking - not too dark, but not too light either, and does not have that red undertone that many browns have.

For best results, apply a coat of powder on the eyebrows first (this will help in the brow shadow being deposited evenly on the skin and it to last longer) then apply Browning with MAC 266 brush. If you feel that your eyebrows are too dark, just gently/lightly glide a tissue over your eyebrows. Keep doing this until you achieve the desired intensity.

I typically only use Porcelaine when I want I want to look a little more made up - on the brow bone and in the inner corners of my eyes.

Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this because I was doing my own makeup for my wedding an the MA recommended. I've been using it ever since (over a year and a half) and I still have a lot left of the brow color, perfect match for my eyebrows. The highlight color I don't really use, I prefer Shroom eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Mooshminky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I would use this on my brows, I would give this a 1 Star. I totally, TOTALLY I agree with ilurvemakeup. This stuff is so awful! Barely showed up on my brows, I have to pack it on (scrubbed the powder from the pan) for it to work. Highlighter was meh. Hated it and it was sitting in my drawer for months untouched.

Recently, I was into contouring and bought taupish brown blushes/bronzers like mad.

I was going through my makeup drawers when I happened to stumble upon this. When I saw that the brown shadow (Browning) was the perfect taupe, I thought this may be used for contouring too. Since I was bored (and I don't want to waste this thing), I used my 109 brush and contoured the hollows of my cheek. It was perfect. Perfect for my NC25 heavy yellow skin. My face looked thinner in an instant and it was sooooooooooo natural. I used the highlighter on the tops of my cheek bone and it was very subtle.
Oh it was love.. Small enough for my purse and great for touchups. I just wish I can find a blush/face powder that is the exact color of Browning :-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 4:04:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

I wish this weren't discontinued, but it does seem to last forever. I have dark brown hair and this is a nice match for me. 4 lippies because I don't care much for the highlight color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm the only one who hates this product. I hated how this applied and barely showed up on me. To get it to show up on my sparse brows I had to line my brows first with a soft brow pencil and use this on top to set the pencil. To use it alone I had to continually pack on the shade over and over which I hated! The highlight is terrible too so chalky and annoying! I do love the size of the compact, great to have for travel, but in my case I would HAVE to carry it since the color always faded. You're better off using MAC Espresso matte eyeshadow (those who have dark brows like me) or my all time favorite Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by sm1lezx1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They discontinued this item?! WHY. I LOVE this !!

After getting my makeup done..I noticed my eyebrows looked amazing! I had to get this product the next day immediately. I have black hair so it's hard getting something that works with my eyebrows and still looks good with my jetblack hair. It's the best eyebrow shader I've used yet. And the best thing is that it looks sooo natural. It also comes with a highliter to use on your brow bone (beautiful peach pearl color). I am so upset that this DC this item and definitely will be hitting up the CC store to purchase this item after I use it. Also I can tell that I will be using this for a very very very long time. You can swipe it with an eyebrow brush and I swear the powder does not reduce in it's size. Great eyebrow filler...you will not be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyLovesMakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best eyebrow powder ever and I've tried Anastasia, which was good but doesnt compare to MAC's brow powder. For years, I had been using a MAC eyeshadow to fill in my brows until MAC came out with this. It's the perfect shade of brown, with no reddish tones in it, which I absolutely hate. I can make my brows look dramatic or very natural, depending on how much of this I get on the brush. It lasts forever, as I havent even it up yet. MAC has discontinued this but I found it on the internet and bought 3 more of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by DebbieN

I absolutely adore this. This color is perfect for Asian skin (especially those who are light). Itís also good for those who barely have eyebrows as it provides color, but not too much. It doesnít over power your face the way a darker shade would, and itís not too brown where it looks reddish. Also, itís forgiving compared to normal eyeshadows. Like, say if you had a heavy had by accident, it wonít deposit a bucket of color on you like eyeshadows would. I usually donít use the light shade thing, since itís pointless considering the highlighting eyeshadows I already use.

First, I usually neutralize my eyebrow color (I have some red in it from previous tattoo), so I put powder over it. I normally use this with Lingering eyebrow automatic pencil from MAC. For the half of the eyebrow closest to the nose, I outline the top and bottom of the brow using Lingering until they meet at the arch. I then finish it by lining the rest of eyebrow/arch. I then take my 219 brush and dip it in browning, and basically shade in where the gap is between the outline. Then, using the tip of the 219 brush, I go over once or twice over the outerhalf of the eyebrow that begins from the arch.

This is the end result.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 4:20:00 AM More reviews by biancagrowl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have brown hair but light eyebrows so I have to darken them. Before I discovered this, I was using an eye brow pencil from maybelline? i think. Anyway, the brown had too much red in it. So when I discovered this, I was pleasantly surprised because it seems to be a neutral brown. I love how I can control how dark I want it to be depending on how much product I put on my brush. And the highlight is the perfect color for a natural look. This really is a fantastic product and it seems like it would last forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by breedp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only bad thing about this product, on me, is that it doesn't show up in areas where I don't have eyebrows (I have very little hair past the arches). I have to use a darker eyeshadow or an eyebrow pencil to help in those areas.

The good is that it looks very natural, and helps fill in the other parts of my eyebrows wonderfully! Nice, small container, and the highlight is a beautiful colour. I'd really consider buying this again, but might try another shade?